66 coaches online • Server time: 22:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jonjon

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2013 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

cameronhawkins wrote:
Don't retire, if only because that Krox is gold.

Yes, your skinks are too developed. If it were me, and I could, I would fire 7, 9, and 10–– not because they're not good, but because they're pushing into a TV bracket where you're facing too-developed teams.

In my opinion, your first 6 saurus skills should be either Block, Block, Block, Block, Block, Block, or Block, Frenzy, Block, Block, Block, Block. Guard and Break Tackle are flashy, but they're basically stat modifiers. Lizards have good stats–– it's skills that they lack.

I've played and won many games in the box down 2 saurus. Use the extra skink weight to foul them silly, or play highly aggressive and swarm the backfield. This won't work against all teams (Regen teams, or highly mobile teams you should avoid), so be a little picky with the mach-up. But even if your players get send off, you should still be able to force a draw.

Hi I quote this post as it summarizes the general opinion. Thanks all for helping.
Yes the Krox is the main reason why I would like to keep the team. And thanks for the comment on skink of tindalos, it's good to see that peoples look at the names or the team concept when one try to put a bit of (mad) thoughts in it Wink
I am bad at making the sauri score and it failed the 3 1st time and skinks always ended saving up the situation (oki maybe at 2-0 I should be less stressed about that!)
The 2 sauri that died in the last game would have bring 3 skills, so now it makes the team really unbalanced.
I put these dam skinks on the LOS but they never die ^^
Is there a way now that I have validated the team as ready to play to come back and fire some skinks?
PainState

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2013 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

What da heck?

Lets put the skinks have to many skills/TV on them on the side for just a minute that is a seperate discussion.

The main issue of the fire the skinks plan is this.

1)You have a 11 man squad
2)You have no gold
3)firing skink 7,9 and 10 saves you 100TV
4)For your 100 TV savings you in essence borrowed that TV money and have to pay 180 back to the TV bank in the future. At some point you will have to buy back the 3 skinks.
5)A TV of 1360 is high? At that TV range you are still very competitive. SO dropping to 1260 will somehow make the rainbows come out and the sun to shine even brighter?

You team is in great shape I dont know why you are worried about this.

The idea that you need to put effort into the Saurus is the main point. Take every attempt to skill them up to atleast 16+ SPP, even if it means some risk and the chance you might tie/lose a match. If your focus is team building and not just the W/L record of the team.

The idea to fire skinks for TV bloat issues. I get that BUT on a developed team that is pushing the 2000+ TV range. At that point you can mix/match skinks, play with some with only 1 skill and be fine.

So there you go, my counter argument for firing the skinks and trashing a perfectly fine lizardman team all to save a stinking 100 TV.

Last edited by PainState on Feb 04, 2013 - 18:40; edited 1 time in total
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2013 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Painstate, I agree with most of what you said. However, Skink bloat starts to be a problem at about 1500 or 1600 tv, not 2000 tv.
Jonjon

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2013 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

That's a good reasoning Painstate.

I would not go as far as stating that the team is in great shape though ^^

So anyway the primary goal is to see if the team can still do something.
So if you see it on the marked game and if you have a team you think would make a fair opponent Wink
And that doen't mean a hug game! Do whatever you need to win - foul and others (especially on the bloat skinks Mr. Green
 Jump to: