26 coaches online • Server time: 07:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Roland

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 11:08 Reply with quote Back to top

yes, probably Smile
ilpars

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 11:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Bloodbowl world is warhammer world in a more peaceful timeline in which different races co-exist peacefully. Maybe in this timeline the Old Ones never left the world and still control it.

New negaskill suggestion for possible future optional rosters:
Honorbound: Brettonian Knights, Brettonian Squires and Blood Dragon Vampires start with this skill. The players with this skill may not foul or even assist in a foul.
Garion

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 11:50 Reply with quote Back to top

that would be cool yes Smile stick it in the options options options thread.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 12:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Bretonnia definitely exists in real BB fluff because "Hungry" Massif Bovine was a Bretonnian Mino who played for the Middenheim Marauders in 2nd ed.
All that fan made stuff like "he plays like a daemon" should just be erased from history lol.
Do you remember the rules for allies? It was ridiculous.

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 12:38 Reply with quote Back to top

What do you mean by Fan made stuff? That's quite a broad statement. As that also covers everything the BBRC did after Jervis realised what a mess he made of 4th ed lol

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 12:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, that's right lol.
Pretty much everything has been a disaster since 2nd ed fluffwise.
Since 3rd ed, basic rules like Sigurd's injury table, not stacking injury skills, nerfing DT, and the new TV system with inducements have been good, but I dislike the majority of the new teams and new rules.

Last edited by JimmyFantastic on %b %07, %2013 - %12:%Mar; edited 2 times in total
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 12:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Erik Kantona is/was a Bret and there's a zon that plays in Bretonnia. latterly Bright Crusaders have been linked to Bretonnia.

I don't think Bretonnia existed before 88 though, and late 88 early 89 is more likely. So for 1st ed (87) Bretonnia wasn't around, certainly not as an army.

Saying that, Albion was around then, so no reason why it wasn't. Albion is a bigger problem (and quite a mess imo), with fluff changing regularly as well as how many islands and what they look like.

Albion has gone through Scottish feudal, Celtic, King Arthur, Robin Hood, Henry VIII, Court intrigue and god knows what else.

The Arthuresque stuff has been shifted to the Brets more so now, where as Albion has been made much more barbaric and slimmed down to 1 island.

I like the fouling rule too. Nice to see that as an option.
numbersix

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

That's interesting... I missed completly the forth, since I played (some matches) third and current.
I've heard about 4thed Khemri, indeed they were a bit... different!!
Didn't know about those Chaos Teams... that'd be nice, but maybe too close with Warhammer Fantasy BG.
Thanks for posting that, Garion (and for BB history).
I think I kind miss a "Heroes of Law" themed team, since I'd like to play a Chaos Pact like team with elves, dwarves, flings, etc.
 Jump to: