10 coaches online • Server time: 05:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd love to see a skill that does the opposite of fend; i.e. one that induces forced follow up. I think this skill would be pretty funny to use in setting up a crowdsurf, or on a shadowing player (who can then enter the square he forced the blocker to leave). It's could also be nice for when a marker gets blitzed off by a ballcarrier. I don't think it would be a top contender as a skill pick, but do think it might add an interesting element to the tactics of marking and positioning. Fluffwise I can see this skill fitting best with goblins or elves, so I made it and agility skill.

Hence the following suggestion:

Goad [A]:
A player with the goad skill can really bring out the worst in opponents. As others take a swing at him, he dances around them, making faces and laughing. Opponents find themselves roaring "I'll get you, you little twerp!" as they jump after your player.

When a player with the Goad skill is pushed back on a block action, he may force the opponent pushing him to follow up. This skill only works when the opponent can legally follow up, so for instance it cannot be used after a multiblock or a block by an opponent who has taken root. If the player was not blocked himself, but moved indirectly by a chainpush, the goad skill does not apply.

Last edited by the_Sage on %b %26, %2013 - %14:%Feb; edited 2 times in total
Araznaroth

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Hm I ask myself same question as with fend. If your oppo does not chose Fend, do you follow up? Smile
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=blog&coach=3098&id=9842

Read that. ^

Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Seen this suggested as "Taunt" and I love it. Not sure if it should be A or G access though: it would make a nice addition for the G-access only players (e.g. human linemen) but it seems so Goblinny Very Happy
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

The best way I think to implement this would be to bring back traits and add it to a grab (a super grab). I'd like this to be done to SF too, so the trait is like the old SF. And some of the mutations.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=blog&coach=3098&id=9842

Read that. ^

Smile

Yeah, I could have guessed I'm not the first to ask for this. Argues for the idea, rather than against it, though. =)
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2013 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh I'm all for it too. It's in my rules as well. Smile Though it would never get taken in the CRP environment where all the best skills are free rather than traits.

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 11:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Oh I'm all for it too. It's in my rules as well. Smile Though it would never get taken in the CRP environment where all the best skills are free rather than traits.

True, now I remember reading about "Taunt" in your rules. Nice idea, but probably slightly underpowered. How about this?

Taunt: Blah blah must follow up blah blah... Also if an opposing player in the tackle zone of a player with this skill declares a block action, the player may taunt him. The opposing player rolls a D6 and on a 1 he loses his temper and must switch his target to the taunting player.

Note that it is only usable against block actions, not blitz actions. A skill very fitting for goblins, I think.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Macabeo wrote:
Garion wrote:

True, now I remember reading about "Taunt" in your rules. Nice idea, but probably slightly underpowered. How about this?

Taunt: Blah blah must follow up blah blah... Also if an opposing player in the tackle zone of a player with this skill declares a block action, the player may taunt him. The opposing player rolls a D6 and on a 1 he loses his temper and must switch his target to the taunting player.

Note that it is only usable against block actions, not blitz actions. A skill very fitting for goblins, I think.

I like it: it would be a very cool way to get your blodge sidestepper into a cage
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 13:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I think we should have a new skill category for meta gaming skills. Put stuff like Dirty Player in it.
ilpars

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 13:19 Reply with quote Back to top

A new category named maybe as "All" can be good.
All players can gain skills in "all" category on a single roll.
 Jump to: