48 coaches online • Server time: 15:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Reisender

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2013 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

jeez you got tv 2200 darkies. find some clawpombers to reduce some tv instead fo complaining
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2013 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Azure wrote:
C3I2 wrote:
I had hoped to get the team up to snuff, to play my first major. But, with 3 games played and TV 2200 it does not look like I will be done by Wednesday.

Finding games on the finder is hardly ideal, when you get a higher TV, to many discount playing you at all (probably without looking at the team).

What do you mean by "up to snuff"? Your team is well skilled with several stats on positionals. Only thing you need is a bench - since while you are against playing MBPO regularly - you will hit them in a major - so 2-3 elves (you have a huge treasury) to give you a bench and you are all set for a major.

I can see him entering the first game without a bench and then only hiring as many as he thinks he'll need per game, though.
C3I2

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2013 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I needed dodge and SS on the new blitzers, leap on the ag+; one Kick player. One 12-th player with block; and ideally also sidestep on both guard players.

If I had longer I might aim for 13 players, but thats not doable at all in such short time (with at least one skill roll on them).
Reisender

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2013 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

you also need st5 on all players, a few clawpombers, a werewolf and 3 bull centaurs....

seriously, they will do just fine. i think it is more TV than i have ever entered in a major
C3I2

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2013 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, all I listed is normal rolls, i.e. planed development. I could forgo a SS on one of the new blitzers for the first MB on the team :-9
Azure

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2013 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

C3I2 wrote:
I needed dodge and SS on the new blitzers, leap on the ag+; one Kick player. One 12-th player with block; and ideally also sidestep on both guard players.

If I had longer I might aim for 13 players, but thats not doable at all in such short time (with at least one skill roll on them).

Hmm...your team right now is better than the majority of DE teams.

Currently: 2200 TV...you want 8 more skills (160+ TV) and a 12th player (70 TV if lineman).

So minimum you are thinking of entering at is 2430 TV. There will be no more than 5-6 teams over 2400 TV in this coming major if the past majors are any guide.

You are 2200 TV...and you want 8 more skills and a 12th player...that would another 230 TV...so you are trying to build an uber team of over 2400 TV?
C3I2

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2013 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Über? I would assume I should do a good one, before it get destroyed in the Major (dark side), sure. The big weakness I have is hitting power, and the second is staying power (11 players). I really cant change those; I can aim for a marginal improvement with a kicker etc.

Note that its not from 2200, I already got the dodge on both blitzers, and SS on one of them.

So, what I need is 6spp on one blitzer, 6spp on a new player, 3spp on the Ag+ blitzer (I think), and a 39 OR 46 lineman up to 51 (preferably both). I get that to 3 skill rolls, one new player with one skill roll; and in an ideal world also one skill roll more.
Malmir

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2013 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

There is a difference between 'need' and 'would like'.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2013 - 23:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I know this kind of planning and I have experienced that once I've almost reached my goal, something goes horribly wrong and the planning starts all over again (and be it only for one or two important players that have to be replaced).

Since you're on the dark side in Ulthuan, why not just get a bench of two or three players to put on the LOS when you face mass-CPOMB?
At least that's what I would aim for, it's a lot of additional TV of course. Other coaches will have far more experience on such matters, but I feel far more relaxed since I have three skill-less longbeards for the LOS on those T8 bash turns. Then again, my TV is a bit high, too...

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2013 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Wrestle, Dodge, SS, for one block only on the LOS, and one or two of them with Jump Up, to hit back also. It might have been better with, wrestle, fend, SS to be honest.... but that depends on how many PO you play.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2013 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

also C312, having gotten to a 'perfect' awesome team, I found.. the sheer inducements handed to my opponents was ridiculous. I entered with 2450 lizardmen, and when i fought 2100 super clawpomb who ALSO had a wizard.. and a bribe.. and a babe.. and i realized my super skills left something hugely to be desired in terms of actual playability.
C3I2

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2013 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Obviously, but then you really cant beat some teams on TV efficiency. If they can buy cheap support linemen at 40 or 50, dont use high agility but eventually get AG+ on one or two ball carriers etc.

As I see it with DEs you build long term, and preferably also the line.
https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=646945
That you look like that afterwards, is another thing.
huff

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2013 - 02:02 Reply with quote Back to top

way to go in getting your team ready for a major, lets just hope you dont hit some speedbumps on the way. i have a high tv box team that i want for WOC major, would like a couple more games with them but we all know what could happen in a couple games in the box, or even in ranked against no-mb if those dice start rollin 9+.
 Jump to: