77 coaches online • Server time: 21:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2013 - 02:13 Reply with quote Back to top

ah but Wreckage, even that pact team would be paying 40k in SE every game. off hand, my guess is that means the team would have a minimum of 2 million less gold in the treasury, just from the current players; its past players would have cost it around another 3-5 million, which means the team wouldn't exist in the form it is today. It just wouldn't be possible to replace anyone.

My mention of 2 at a time is just to say that no team could afford it (especially not with up and coming stars or superstars); every time you even got one, the combination of that and other up and coming players, and replacing players, would drive your treasury into the ground to the point of not buying any positionals (and on most teams, pact and chaos not included, it's the positionals that acquire the skills to become stars or more; obviously individual linemen sometimes do well, but not as a whole.)

My guess is that this would lead to forced retirement for legends just so the team could afford to not have pure loners supporting your one legend, whenever you did get one. And on elf teams, where reaching star doesn't take too long, stars and superstars would cause the same problem as legends on bash teams; with the higher turnover rate of agility players, even though superstars dont cost as much, the mere existence of 2 or 3 superstars on an agile team would drive the treasury to 0.

And 0 treasury means the team CAN'T grow.
 Jump to: