48 coaches online • Server time: 17:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Agreed ?
Nope, DP was OP and PO is OK
16%
 16%  [ 11 ]
Yeh I miss DP and PO is OP
43%
 43%  [ 29 ]
PO and DP for me !
14%
 14%  [ 10 ]
Let's ban it all and play with jump ropes
25%
 25%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 67

gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2013 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it would be neat if you get a +1 to get through the armour if needed but if you foul without assists and break armour without using the skill then you could get +2 to injury

JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2013 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Make Block/Wrestle and Dodge like Grab and Frenzy so that if you have one you may never get the other.

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2013 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
And 6 is crit success and leads to auto death of whoever you are piling on.
That would be class.

Laughing

Obviously the problem is that the counter to PO is non existant or incredibly difficult to execute, but I like your moxy of unbalancing a balance.
blader4411

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2013 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 dodges sarcasm (6+)
Rolled [6]

Smile
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2013 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

blader4411 wrote:
mrt1212 dodges sarcasm (6+)
Rolled [6]

Smile

Well played
zenken5ten

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2013 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I would love to see the auto +1 to armor come back (leverage, fouling is easy, you're angry, get him in the face!, get him in the junk!... I could do this all day) and/or make dp +1/+1. Right now fouling is barely ever justifiable, it's too hard to get the assists you need, and too easy to get caught. And it seems like DP only makes it worse... since now you're fouling with a guy who costs 20k more. And don't get me started on sneaky git...
Tremendous

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2013 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

It's odd, I thought Wrackle counters Blodge. What counters PO, fend. They both have counters.

But who wants to take Wrestle and Tackle when you need to stack skills such as Claw, MB, PO, Block.....oh there is the problem, nothing to do with Blodge. The only people who hate Blodge are those that want to take block and tackle as a fourth or fifth skill.

DP only needs fixing as it helps to nerf PO. If you nerf PO then DP doesn't need to be tweaked really.

Ultimately, most people would accept that PO is broken not any other skills.

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2013 - 23:56 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
in other news...rain is wet....

--j

+5
zenken5ten

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2013 - 00:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually DP counters minmaxers in general. Not all single legend teams are cpombers.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2013 - 00:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Tremendous wrote:
It's odd, I thought Wrackle counters Blodge. What counters PO, fend. They both have counters.

But who wants to take Wrestle and Tackle when you need to stack skills such as Claw, MB, PO, Block.....oh there is the problem, nothing to do with Blodge. The only people who hate Blodge are those that want to take block and tackle as a fourth or fifth skill.

DP only needs fixing as it helps to nerf PO. If you nerf PO then DP doesn't need to be tweaked really.

Ultimately, most people would accept that PO is broken not any other skills.

I love fend but its really a post wrodge skill for me. Actually, it's mostly post wrestle but that's linerats for ya.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2013 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Haven't read: this is my reaction based on my experience alone.

PO is not necessarily the problem. The problem is that the killer skill stack is one skill too deep, especially in perpetual play (not just FUMBBL, this includes most open BB).

DP needed a nerf. It got too much nerf. Apothecary is not quite good enough. Like DP, needed nerf, got a little too much.

Otherwise, LRB6 is the best ruleset evah. Okay, maybe Ogres should cost 130k, and improvements after #3 should be an extra +10k each. I'd do that, bring back the native +1 on fouls (or let a fouling player assist himself), make foul assists after-the-fact and optional like other dice modifiers (a buff to Sneaky Git), and change Apo so it can reserves a BH or fail/MNG/BH/Reserves (by die roll) a SI/death. The foul/Apo buff and extra cost for deep skill stacks might be enough of a PO nerf.

Last edited by JackassRampant on %b %03, %2013 - %00:%Apr; edited 2 times in total
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2013 - 00:24 Reply with quote Back to top

GTR needed a nerf...not DP...

--j

ImageImage
Stworca

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2013 - 00:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Just change DP to a 3x3 AoE foul, and have the ref targetable for a blitz by Dirty Players.
/thread