73 coaches online • Server time: 21:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
bass

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2013 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

ahh mate im sorry can anyone help a noob

wanna get into all the customisation but dont know where to start and reading the forum is getting me nowhere fast

i have gimp

im quite good with this stuff normally but im stumped
im even lost on the file path on the logo screen as far as i got it says the Home folder

once again sorry but I'm lost man

thanks if anyone can help
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2013 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

You need to save a logo image to your computer. Go to your team page, click Add image, then on the next page, click upload images and choose the saved logo from wherever you saved it. Once the image is approved (it will have a red border until it is) you can add it as the team's logo.

At the moment, there is a slight bug with logos though. They will only show on the pitch when you use a game name, not for Blackbox games or games launched from the gamefinder.

Oh, and the pitch size is 395 x 450 pixels, so your image should be no bigger than that.

Edit: I use GIMP, other people have recommended http://bigtroph.com/ and pixlr, which are both online image making tools.
sann0638

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2013 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Just to piggyback, player image max size is 30kB, and recommended pixels is 95 x 145. I put my file to that many pixels but the file size is too big so it gets bumped. Tips?

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2013 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Sann -

Save it as .jpg or .gif

or if you use photoshop or the like there is an option that says Save for web. This compresses the file.

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2013 - 15:05 Reply with quote Back to top

perfect, thanks - I tried bmp, but to no avail. Cheers.

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2013 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont think fumbbl supports bmp though may be wrong, I think the file has to be either .jpg .gif or .png

but png files are always the biggest.

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2013 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Couple of things, some already mentioned:

1. file size 30kb or less for player portraits, this limit does not apply to team logos.

2. File formats: .jpg, .gif & .png. Extension must be lowercase

3. Your pictures need to be approved before you can use them. If there is a red border on them they are awaiting approval, black is approved.

4. If you add a team logo you must have something (even just a period) in your team bio or no one but you can see the logo when you look at the team page.

5. Sadly your team logo will probably not show up on the field if your game is arranged through game finder as there is currently a bug.

6. For the love of all that is good, use transparency people! Your white and black boxes make me cry...
ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2013 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Use the "save for web" option when saving your files. It will give you several options to better control your file size to stay under the limits while maintaining the optimum image quality.
neoliminal

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2013 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

If you want your logo to appear on the field in league games, you need to use either .gif or .png with transparent backgrounds for the best effect.

Post 14 Posted: Apr 09, 2013 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
You need to save a logo image to your computer. Go to your team page, click Add image, then on the next page, click upload images and choose the saved logo from wherever you saved it. Once the image is approved (it will have a red border until it is) you can add it as the team's logo.

At the moment, there is a slight bug with logos though. They will only show on the pitch when you use a game name, not for Blackbox games or games launched from the gamefinder.

Oh, and the pitch size is 395 x 450 pixels, so your image should be no bigger than that.

Edit: I use GIMP, other people have recommended http://bigtroph.com/ and pixlr, which are both online image making tools.

Absolutly. Specially PIXLR is a great tool for newbies. I have no experance about and started 2 days before. Thats the result:

Apocalypse Athletics

Thx for given advise.
DeZigma

Last edited by DeZigma on %b %06, %2014 - %21:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2013 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

A point to mention: other people can't see your logos on the team page unless the bio also contains something, at least a space. So only Pretty 'n Pink is visible from those four. Though it is a nice logo.

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2013 - 00:35 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
A point to mention: other people can't see your logos on the team page unless the bio also contains something, at least a space. So only Pretty 'n Pink is visible from those four. Though it is a nice logo.

I have updated the bio.
Btw. Is it possible with BBCode to get round edges for table? If yes, whats the syntax?

Thx again.
DeZigma
 Jump to: