21 coaches online • Server time: 01:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How many EMU Seasons have you played in?
3 baby... I'm an Original EMU Thug!
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
2 man... I'm one of the Old skool EMU Nobz!
7%
 7%  [ 9 ]
1 homes... But I know how to cap punk elves...
4%
 4%  [ 5 ]
None - This will be my first EMU. But if you call me a noob I'll smash your face.
22%
 22%  [ 28 ]
None - I'm a noobie :(
28%
 28%  [ 35 ]
None - The EMU is the worst thing to ever hit fumbbl. It is just stupid. I wish it would go away. I don't even read these posts... okay i do.. but I don't like them!
36%
 36%  [ 45 ]
Total Votes : 123

Delta

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2004 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

What....you mean that because we are playing games (of a particular type) we might be upsetting the admins?
How do you figure?

Regardless of the type of hunting party, people always have the right to say no.

Are you saying that one type of MU should be allowed, but lets not play any other type?

I'm sure the coaches on fumbbl will determine the longevity of any given group, and therefore it's popularity. If it's unpopular then it will die a death and never be seen again. Problem solved.

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2004 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I have to agree with delta... nothing different with the EMU than the others except for track record, history, and originality. Most won't last, but it looks like that nagash one did pretty well. We'll all live and die by any admin decision...

Or, if needs be, we'll just move underground and move the EMU forum to another site.

Last edited by BunnyPuncher on %b %24, %2004 - %18:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2004 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I think if you're a member of xMU and intent on destroying the team you're facing, you should make the other coach aware of that before entering the game. Typically I enter a game assuming the other guy will work just as hard to win as I. However, if I know the other guy is simply out to beat my team to oblivion...I still might play, but then I'd know what to expect, and not be nearly as ticked in-game when low blows are delivered. (I'm trying really hard to keep from becoming a fouling thread... Wink )

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2004 - 19:06 Reply with quote Back to top

BunnyPuncher wrote:
nothing different with the EMU than the others except for track record, history, and originality.

LMAO I just knew you would mention that!! Laughing

Credit where it's due!!

AFK: I agree entirely. Perhaps something could be done to make it compulsory to state that you are an MU team.
That would solve a lot of problems which are created by people not knowing, getting the holy crap kicked out of them, and then complaining / advertising DNP lists etc. It might be that the group organiser makes it a rule of the group. Anyone not complying would not ge their ponits added. (would be tricky to govern no matter what you did)

A point for people to note is that just because a coach is in one of these MU's doesn't mean that they always play that way. They could have many different teams/playing styles other than simply demolition work!

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2004 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Delta wrote:
LMAO I just knew you would mention that!! Laughing

Credit where it's due!!

AFK: I agree entirely. Perhaps something could be done to make it compulsory to state that you are an MU team.

Just be glad I havn't figured out a way to force the other MUs to display a large granite statue of me in the foyer of their headquarters!

As to the compulsory admission...

It is completely unenforcable, by either the MU admin or fumbbl admin..

Saying "It's an EMU team" might mean something to non noob coaches because EMU has been rollicking in the armpit and taint of fumbbl for almost 2 years. However, I can't count the number of times someone has asked me "What's EMU?" For the other ones most people won't know what the heck the person is talking about. Are people going to need sign a legal contract before they take the pitch? otherwise how do we decide if someone lived up to the spirit of the rule or not?

One idea that has been raised (by Britnoth) is that every EMU team should have to have the EMU logo in their team pic (or at least state clearly in the bio they are EMU). Again, if it is voluntary it would be fine, many of us fly the EMU banner with pride. But it would be damn near impossible to enforce (unless someone outside was willing to audit all 80 teams on a daily basis). Plus lest we forget, the EMU group page clearly shows who the EMU teams are. The only reason I let the EMU group page to be public is so that admin don't bother me. If it was up to me I'd make it a private group, but when the MU concept was introduced I used the fact the public list was available to be allowed to stay in operation.

Overall, the EMU, DMU, Nagash, EMUMU and others have very little impact overall on fumbbl. If people are worried about MUs they need to give their heads a shake.

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2004 - 07:42 Reply with quote Back to top

yoyo... im not accepted yet but as soon as i am...

Demon Hunters VS 5th Element

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=578871

2-2+4+5= 9

terrible for cas... i hit so many time... and never a cas or even armor piercing until 2nd half... I play the passing/ running game anyways.
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2004 - 14:12 Reply with quote Back to top

*wakes up grumpily and stares at domino*

Scowling he walks over to domino and gives him a two handed chop with...

"Come back in Februrary!"

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2004 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL domino.....
if you have the bloodlust before the new season then try:
D.M.U. http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=1975 ...or
Pestcontrol http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=1978

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2004 - 02:15 Reply with quote Back to top

BunnyPuncher wrote:
I have to agree with delta... nothing different with the EMU than the others except for track record, history, and originality. Most won't last, but it looks like that nagash one did pretty well. We'll all live and die by any admin decision...

Or, if needs be, we'll just move underground and move the EMU forum to another site.

I tried, but it fell apart at the tourney level... I think I will try it again soon, with some different rules and such.

Z
 Jump to: