45 coaches online • Server time: 11:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
elkram

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2010 - 21:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I've the same problem. Don't know where to get the client nor to make it work in a Leopard.

Tahnks!
emilfrojd

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2010 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I am a returning coach to fumbbl. I have switched to mac since last time. And when I was about to install the game I really can't find the javabb file, not for mac and not for windows either. There is no link in http://fumbbl.com/help:InstallingClient where it really should be a link to the download page. There are none of the essential download stuff in the folder essential under the download category.
Deviant_Strategist

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2010 - 23:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

I am switching to a Mac soon and I am trying to get a hold of the Javabbowl application for it, and the link provided on this thread doesn't seem to work.

Anyone knows where I can find a link to d/l it?

Thanks!
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2010 - 00:10 Reply with quote Back to top

The same client as the windows one works fine on a mac for me.

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2010 - 09:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I've the client, working on a leopard. Main problem for me is key functions aren't working, so i cant swtich sound, see handicaps, etc. If someone can explain i'll be very pleased.

If an admin or someone can tell me where to upload it... and if it's possible according with fumbbl and blablabla... Very Happy

Send me a PM, i don't read this.
no1sloot

Post   Posted: May 05, 2013 - 11:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys,

any advice would be appreciated, i am new to all this. I have a mac and whenever i try to spectate a game i just receive a download of text, any ideas?

regards

tom
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: May 05, 2013 - 11:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Does this help?
http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=23452&highlight=mac
no1sloot

Post   Posted: May 05, 2013 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, thanks for the reply, no that seems to be a different issue.
Hi there,

I am not great with IT but I am keen to get online and play. I have a mac and have downloaded the latest JAVA. I tried to spectate a game but all that appears is a download with a reel of text, I am unsure what to do? I don't want to go through the whole team creation proces if it's not going to work. I would greatly appreciate some advice and if possible "billy aged 3" instructions to help me get this going. Do I need to download anything apart from JAVA, I read that the client should auto download when I click to spectate?

Kind regards

Tom
Dhaktokh

Post   Posted: May 05, 2013 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Im not sure. But I think the game will download when you play your first game. Maybe spectating works after that? But I am just guessing, not nearly good enough with my mac.
Welcome to the nr1 all time site Very Happy
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: May 05, 2013 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

That was definitely the case with the old client, I didn't think it was the same for the new one, but I maybe wrong.
no1sloot

Post   Posted: May 05, 2013 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, thanks for the welcome, I managed to download the client and the patch and could play a test match but still cant seem to link it to FUMBBL, I still just get given a downloaded url every time i try to view a match?
no1sloot

Post   Posted: May 05, 2013 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

HAHA! fixed it, it is because I had textwrangler installed which opened the link in text version????? uninstalled it and hey presto! now to work out how the chat works!!

Thanks guys

Tom
metahipster

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2013 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been stuck on this too - new to FUMBBL and on a mac. I grabbed latest Java (v7 r25) and am still having issues with nothing happeneing when clicking to watch a game - it just downloads the JNLP file instead of launching applet.

I found elsewhere tips to get Info on the JNLP an dbe sure it's defaulting to open with /System/Library/Core Services/Java Web Start. i did this and told it to handle all JNLPs with that app.

Still getting nothing but a mess of JNLP files in my downloads folder.

Any other ideas? Gonna try a reboot and will post back if that helps.
dabassman

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2013 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

doubleclick the jnlp file
metahipster

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2013 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I tried that earlier but it was griping about user name (but giving no way to log in or anything).

I just tried to spectate again now. If I double click the file in my Safari Downloads or finder window, it gives me an error that it's an untrusted dev. If I right-click file in finder and select Open, it does open and I'm now seeing everything work.

I see a list of trusted devs in the Security settings for Safari but no way to add your app to the list here.

Weird.
 Jump to: