60 coaches online • Server time: 20:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kam

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2013 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Test mode would work but...

You'd have to type up to 4 lines per player just to change the stats, and then one line per player for every skill (Nurgle or Slann picks are going to be a nightmare!). That's too much hassle for me...

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2013 - 00:29 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
I don't know about your sheet to FFB specifically, but normally you can paste with ctrl+v into the client, just not with mouse clicks.

That's what I thought, but no matter what I copy outside the client, ctrl+v pastes the last thing I copied inside the client. Are you sure it works for you?

@Kam : actually not exactly. You can set player stats several at a time
For example
/stat st 3 1 2 3 4 6 8 9
will set the strenght of players number 1,2,3,4,6,8 and 9 to a value of 3.
The same with skills, so that is one command per skill rather than per skill per player.

Yeah, that still makes 30 commands to setup the whole roster though Smile

I justed tried through botocs. It is really much easier. Took me a lot les effort than even figure out all the commands to type Smile

It seems to be LRB5+ though, but that is a difference we can live with (at least I can). It is a great client, it is even fully in french for those to who that matters Wink

Of course, all the player icons don't match, but it is totally playable.

I tested with a CPact team to have a variety of icons available, and it was not too bad.
But then, I am quite tolerant, having played several games under the old client with just letters Wink

Sidenote : it is quite strange to play the old fashion way now! automove really made me lazy Very Happy
For those who played the old client, it feels nostalgic. FFB is still more user-friendly Wink
Kam

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2013 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, thanks, I didn't notice you could assign skills / stats to several players with one command.

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2013 - 00:47 Reply with quote Back to top

the.tok wrote:
That's what I thought, but no matter what I copy outside the client, ctrl+v pastes the last thing I copied inside the client. Are you sure it works for you?

Ah, no, you're right, it works for copying from the client, but not other stuff. My mistake.

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2013 - 08:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the basic botocs client is lrb5+, but you can update it to lrb6.

You can change the icons to whatever you want and the pitches. Personally I don't like Pat's icons. I think some would be gobsmacked at some of the beautiful looking matches I play.

If you download something like halfling scribe you can do your rosters on html.
the.tok

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2013 - 10:35 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
I think the basic botocs client is lrb5+, but you can update it to lrb6.

You can change the icons to whatever you want and the pitches. Personally I don't like Pat's icons. I think some would be gobsmacked at some of the beautiful looking matches I play.

If you download something like halfling scribe you can do your rosters on html.

Pics ot it didn't happen Wink

Thanks HM, I'll try to find the update! I do use Halfling scribe, that was the basis for my calc sheet that generated command lines. But the botocs editor is actually enough IMO if we are decided on this solution. I find it very efficient.

Though IIRC, the difference from LRB5+ to 6 is pretty marginal right? mainly player prices. I kind of jumped from 4 to 6, it was a period I played only a couple of games Embarassed

I find the icons to be less pretty than the ones we got here for sure. I thought of customizing the icons, but if we want everyone to see the players with the right icons, it would require to have everyone get a custom version of the icon folder to take all the teams in the league into account. Like everyone picks a roster, and we customize from here. Am I Right?

This would require some kind of centralization, which I can gladly do, but only if all the players in the league are really committed which I'm not sure atm.

HM, you seem to have toyed with this quite a lot : are the icons from FFB usable as is? are they the same format? I guess it is just a matter of replacing the icons in the icon folder with icons of the same name right?

So for me, we have a solution, that can be quite a good one, but will require a little work. If everyone is willing to go that route, I'm fine with it.

I'll send Pms to know if the drafted are interested enough to make the little extra work to make it happen.

Then if they do, we can agree on the level of perfectness and type of league management we're aiming for Smile
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2013 - 10:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Botocs editor..........................I didn't know there was one. I guess I never looked, I just used the same format as I do for Javabowl.

Changes from 5-6 are minor yes, and if most things out of game are custom, there's nothing that really matters that much.

When you play Botocs, you see the icons that are in your folder for that roster. So you could change all the icons yourself, and you will see them. However the person you are playing, sees the icons in their folder.

The best way to do it, would be to do team folder icons and distribute them to your whole group. They can then swap the files over.

Yes FBB are 100% compatible. They are even named the same way. Yup Botoc icons swaps are quite simple compared to Javabowl. None of it is very difficult though.

Names should be the same, though FBB client icons may have changed name slightly over the years. Swapping a team set icon over should be a 5 minute job.

I think your biggest problem is direct connecting. I always had trouble with this (as the host). If you can do that, there's nothing stopping you.
 Jump to: