20 coaches online • Server time: 05:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kommando

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2004 - 12:53 Reply with quote Back to top

yeh, i wanna play them with chaoshalflings, with snots, goblins, everything! they make for a fun breakfast without dodge
hunter

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2004 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

So lets try:
0-16 Gnoblar
MA 5 ST 2 AG 3 AV 7
Right Stuff, Side Step, Stunty 50k

0-4 Gnoblar Trappers
MA 5 ST 3 AG 3 AV 6
Stunty, Right Stuff, Dodge, Claw, Shadowing

Still with ogres in there that sound ok?

Still sounds too strong to me, since the team will have four players of ST 3 and two of ST 5. That leaves only five additional players on the field, all of whom are stunty and without dodge, but will help slow down the opposition while the Trappers and Ogres cage and score rather easily.

I'm not sure where to go with the team, but I would gear it towards no Big Guys (lose the Ogres), as there is more a call for such teams in Stunty than there is for another standard 2 BG + 14 similar little guys. If you had the team above but without Ogres, it would be better, but if the Trappers have G access they will quickly become very powerful.

Other points to consider:
1) I don't see an indication of skill access for the various players.
2) I don't think that ST 3 players can (or should) be considered Stunty.
3) I'm not sure there's anything unique enough about the team as it stands to make it really appealing. Now, if you lose the Ogres and more teams enter the Leeg which do not rely on Big Guys, the team might be more appealing.
4) An earlier team proposal suggested base players without dodge and with sidestep... the criticism regarding such players was that they will die much too easily, although AV 7 really isn't too bad. I would add instead that it just sucks to try to dodge repeatedly without Dodge, so your reroll price might need to reflect this.

Hope I was helpful,
~hunter

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2004 - 11:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Gobbos are only 40k for 6 2 3 7 with dodge. Why so expensive for your gnoblars?

Secondly the team would be way too powerful with 4 (plus however many ogres you decide) with strength 3+ (even with the reduced armour).

I would play test it if I were you and you can see for yourself.
Bruno

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2004 - 11:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Please do include skill access on your players. At the second post you write that the Gnolbars are to have General access, is that correct or did you really mean just Agility?

If you mean General how do you figure that a team with 2 Big guys and 12 players with ST 2 and block and tackle will do? Wink
TheBoyWonder

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2004 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

The Trappers having Strength three was a typo... darn my big fingers. I see your point with the general access and that was why the cost was more then gobbos. I can see your point about the sidestep without dodge point etc. and having them without big guys would be an option. So I'll try again to come up with something more viable. I'll put it up when I get some inspiration, but i'll try and put it up before say 6 pm GMT. It'll probably drop the Ogres and focus more on the Gnobblar being something more intersting as a lot of you seem to prefer that idea.
TheBoyWonder

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2004 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

How about:

0-16 Gnoblar 40K
MA 5 ST 2 AG 3 AV 7
Stunty, Dodge Sprint Ag Access

Dodge and sprint fluff wise because they have to avoid Ogres in any kind of mood

0-4 Gnoblar Trappers 90K
MA 5 ST 2 AG 3 AV 6
Stunty, Dodge, DT, Claw AG Access (or ST Access)

DT and Claw because they catch and kill things

0-2 Gnoblar Fetchers 50K
MA 5 ST 2 AG 3 AV 6
Stunty, Dodge, Sure Hands, Sprint AG Access

Someone has to carry an ogres stuff

Possibly thinking of changing Fetchers to having 3 strength instead as the have to carry heavy objects but I prefer sure hands

Ok comments on this one and no no Ogres this time
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2004 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Gnoblar Skavengers
Ma6 Str2 Av5
vll's Shadowing sidestep stunty

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2004 - 14:23 Reply with quote Back to top

DDF i see your suggestion and is it to replace the fetchers or just a gennerla idea throwing outage. And I'm assuming they'd have ag 3? Maybe could put them in dunno what does everyone else think.
 Jump to: