45 coaches online • Server time: 15:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2013 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Milfords top 25 all time best major’s winners

Well it is time to roll out the Top 25 ALL TIME best major’s winners. The list is based on my own rankings of the top 25 winners. It is not based just on the win/loss records. It is heavily influenced by the teams contributions on and off the field. Did a team cause some “waves” In their title run? Did their title run elevate them to legendary status? Just the mention of their name will bring back memories of that fabulous run to glory?

So here we go…the top 25 major’s winners of all time.

#25: ImageBearded Roller VII: WoCIV
The Rollers claim to fame is that they proved you can win a major in the box with dwarfs running the gauntlet of Uber CPOMB and deftly avoiding elfball death. They were not the first dwarf team to win a box major, ACE brotherhood II, has that honor. But the Rollers did it when the Box was at its zenith of killing and elfball power. ACE got their victory in before the arms race had fully blossomed into a killing field.

They did not create much buzz on the majors scene but they proved you can run a dwarf team in a box major in this current environment and make a title run.

#24: ImageOulan Nurglet: CoS III

Oulan Nurglet blows onto the list by reinforcing the idea that the best chaos team in the Box are the followers of Nurgle. Because they they won the Crown of Sand they now have a very interesting line up with 6 skeletons. To bad they have gone into retirement mode. It would have been fun to see how the addition of the skeletons effected the roster instead of using rotters.

During their title run the Blood Bowl masses were moaning and complaining about CPOMB. The cheddar cheese of team building that is running rampant. How unfair and unjust it is that a Nurgle team loaded to bear with the CPOMB cannot be stopped. When a team causes such a stir they deserve a spot on the list.

#23: ImageLegion of Orgrimmar: GLT VII

The Legion is on the list because they were the ones that served notice in the ERA of CRP that Orc’s are still a viable CRP team on the ranked scene. They made their run when the common group think on the major’s scene was that the time of the Orc died out with the conversion. That they were not a viable tier 1 team to make runs for titles.

The legion blew up that thought process and opened the door back up in CRP that Orcs are still a force to be reckoned with.

#22: ImageBeernatics: FC VIII

Beernatics blew onto the major’s scene by claiming the last FC played under the old LRB4 rule set. They did it in classic fashion with +Stat UBER bulls.
The moaning and groaning from the Blood Bowl masses was glorious. The injustice of having such a uber build was just not fair. Questions about ageing rolls just made that discussion even more entertaining.

#21: ImageUltimate Mr Men: WO IV

Mr Men were the classic LRB4 dark elf team. Blodged up and tough to beat. Guided by the genius of PeteW when he was in his prime. They ruled the ranked scene for many seasons and were considered the hands down favorite to make the final 4 of any major they entered.

But alas their glory can only be relived in replays. The team was disbanded many moons ago when PeteW went rage mode and hit mass delete on his stable of teams. You never know. Their glory and power could still be rampaging across the Ranked scene if not for that dark day.

There we go #21-25. Stay tuned for the next group of 5 teams
Let the debates begin and relive the memories of the Majors champs and their title runs.

Milfords next installment of the Top 25 will be the teams that rose to the top of the Majors scene but always seemed to come up short. They are the one hit wonders of the major’s

Last edited by PainState on Jul 18, 2013 - 16:32; edited 3 times in total
BooAhl

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2013 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I lost against Beernatics in the FC Quarterfinal back in the day when both Htark and the Count showed up to play the big games.

Also lost against the Bearded roller twice in a row this year. First in a Brawl final and then again in the Qualifier for the WoC.

All of these games I got outdiced ofcourse.
BooAhl

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2013 - 20:22 Reply with quote Back to top

This awesome thread needs a smal necro!
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2013 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I wanna know where Griefers are, cos we were hella more rowdy than Oulun Nurglet!

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2013 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

BooAhl wrote:

All of these games I got outdiced ofcourse.

I admit dice in brawl final were ridiculous Wink.
Jumboparagon

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2013 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

which major did each team win, or do we the readers have to outsource our research to the Chinese to get all the answers?!
C3I2

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2013 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Crowd-sourcing is kind of the thing these days Jumbo
Azure

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2013 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool thread Milford - looking forward to rest of the entries.

As for the 21 through 25...solid teams - always hard to compare before after the CRP conversion - but Ultimate Mr. Men reminds me of why I struggled back in LRB 4 days - I never had the patience to build a team up to the levels of Ultimate Mr. Men and other teams of that ilk. They were truly giants among their competition in those days.

As a sidenote: there have been 49 teams that have won majors. So just making the list means the team is in the top half.

My record against teams #25 - 21: 0-0. Very sad - never played any of those teams Sad
BooAhl

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2013 - 21:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Azure wrote:

My record against teams #25 - 21: 0-0. Very sad - never played any of those teams Sad

My record is also very sad, but for different reasons.
1-4
PainState

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2013 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Next 5 will be out on Wed.

And yes I can amend the top 25 to show which tourney they won.

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2013 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I played the Legion in a GLT Qualifier Final - lost 2-3 in OT. Damn hard and fun game, and a class coach.

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=3182810

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2013 - 07:27 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

*looks at wrist watch*

*looks at Pain State*

*looks at wrist watch*

*looks at Pain State*

etc
Azure

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2013 - 08:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
PainState wrote:

*looks at wrist watch*

*looks at Pain State*

*looks at wrist watch*

*looks at Pain State*

etc

He did not say *which* Wednesday Razz
PainState

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2013 - 13:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey now...the internet up at work was down yesterday. Also that is where the top 25 list is found, in a vault. In just a few hours I will be up at work and get the next batch out.

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2013 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milfords Top 25 continues **

Ok, FUMBBL fans here we go with #16-20.

#20: ImageColorful Characters: LC V

The Colorful ones chime in at #20 after their impressive run in the LC. Navigating a field of underworld CPOMB, twice. Taking down the Crossdressers twice. Between the swiss format and the final 4 the Colorful ones had many chances to spit the bit and exit stage left. But these guys just kept plugging away and refusing to die.

The final two matches the colorful ones played in the LC were classic majors affairs. Colorful ones found themselves shortmanned in both of those matches but still managed to hang on to win. Most specs root against CD but as the tourney went deeper and deeper they actuall got some fans to start cheering for them. It was hard for the fans to root against a team that just did not want to die. Fans like that attitude in their Blood Bowl teams.

#19: ImageACE II Brotherhood: CoS I

The Brotherhood makes the list because they were the first Dwarf team to win a box major. Sure they did it before the CPOMB became a dominating force in the Box but I will not hold that against them. For in their finals run they had to take down a CPOMB skaven team then take on a wood elf team and then win it against a Dark Elf team. All the time giving up the wizard inducement and other goodies. That is a hard fought series of matches for dwarfs to overcome and they get the props for that.

Also the Bortherhood fielded the most gifted dwarf thrower of all time in the FUMBBL ranks. Skalator Rider this guy is a monster dwarf, a mutant, a freak, a natural or just a work out gym rat. No matter how you describe him his legacy in that tourney will live on for all time. Plus the gnashing of teeth and cries of lucker just bring the smile to one's face when you hear the fans talk about this Legendary player. Who by the way is not actually a legend yet. That is how good he is.

Now for those fans who say this. "Well if I had a +Stat freak like that I could go win a major also." Well my retort is this: Go get yourself a +Stat freak monster and then go win a major and then come back to me. I might be able to slide you into the top 25 at a later date. As expected that loser coach just turns around, kicks the dirt mumbling under his breath about how unjust the skill roll RNG is.

#18: ImageSexy Ogrex 2: WoC I

These guys are monsters. Pure and simple. They will rip off your arms and throw them into the upper deck. They snap off legs and eat them as snacks. They pummell you into the pitch until only your boots are sticking out. These guys took full advanatage of the conversion to CRP and inflicted some serious pain on the Box. The lamentations could be heard all they way over in the Ranked Div. The out cry of FOUL was large.

Lucky for them they took the first ever Box major before every one realized how bad ogres had gotten nerfed. But I hear some of you cry he was able to field 11 ogres. Sure but that also is the greatness of the Sexy Ogrex. Because of their domination serious discussions took place. Coaches and admins trying to come up with a plan to gimp these goliath 12 Ogre converted teams. These guys actually had FUMBBL considering changing the rules so this kind of event would never happen again and gimp the converted Ogres even farther. This caused coaches to rub their hands in anticipation of the rulling and waking up in the middle of the night having panic attacks that converted 12 man Ogre teams would win every Box major until they were all killed off.

When a team makes that kind of impact on the majors scene. They are golden in Milfords book and lucky bastards that they got their win in before the door closed shut on the Ogre race in the Box.

#17: ImageRatzingerz Todezfeinde: UI IV

The skaven team that shocked the FUMBBL universe and unforlorned the Skaven race. This was a big event back in the day. For a lot of coaches seem to forget how hard it was in LRB4 to have a top notch skaven team that could withstand the punishment of a 7 round major. These guys managed to pull it off when all the cards were stacked against them.

They inspired the follower of the rat kin to not give up. A new bread of skaven coaches and teams hit the pitches and stormed the Ranked scene after this event. A meta group was formed later on to support the skaven cause in Ranked.

All the success that Skaven have had in the Majors can be traced back to that faitful tourney when the Ratzingerz shocked the Old World and raised that trophy. They were the first and many would follow the path that these trailblazers laid down for them.

#16 ImageBurn Notice :WoC III

So we go from the old school of the Ratzingerz to the Gold Standard of CRP skaven the Burn Notice. These guys blew up the WoC and ushered in the new Era of CRP skaven. CPOMB blitzers a Legend Rat Ogre and trimmed TV. The new hotness in the skaven ranks. Burn Notice is the team to emulate on how to dominate a CRP major with skaven.

Because of Burn Notice now coaches trully fear a pimped out Skaven team with the proper build. They smash you in the nose, run circles around you and then seal the deal on a late OTS to win the match. These guys really make you feel like you have been used and abused when the match is over.

Now that is what I call impact folks. These guys just leave you on the pitch covered in blood with boot tracks down your back and you feel really burned and used.

Stay tuned for #11-15 due out tommorow.