51 coaches online • Server time: 19:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
monboesen

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2005 - 09:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

And you can design your team to be "better" at beating certain kinds of teams and then play them exclusively

Quote:

ive even had one coach call me a cherry picker when my chaos challenged 20points upwards against him?!?!?

I'm not saying that you are, but with a team designed to play vs. a specific style you can be cherry picking even at +20 TR. The best example is dwarf vs. amazon.
Grod

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2005 - 11:57 Reply with quote Back to top

A better example is dwarves vs halflings...

Oscar Wilde
monboesen

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2005 - 11:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, but then again haflings are intentionally designed to suck. But I agree that they suck even more vs dwarves.
Enkeli

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2005 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, once a Halfling coach wanted to play vs my Orcs(or was it Dwarves) and you know the rest. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2005 - 12:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

ive even had one coach call me a cherry picker when my chaos challenged 20points upwards against him?!?!?

Quote:

I'm not saying that you are, but with a team designed to play vs. a specific style you can be cherry picking even at +20 TR. The best example is dwarf vs. amazon.

agreed if i syled my team just to play elves and only offered games against them then i suppose that might make me a cherry picker. however as i said i challenge everyone but the elves come last. my team has no tackle (being set up to hunt dwarfs for dmu) and at 200 tr this means elves and amazons actualy have the easiest time against me.

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2005 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

How about making a category bashy and non-bashy. You have to play 1 bashy: 1 non-bashy

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2005 - 13:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I like my pixels and data bits. But I usually make a mistake of playing claw/rsc teams and get frustrated when my elves fail 2+ dodges or I get 4 doubvle skulls in one half. With my luck it's so much safer to play non-bashy teams. Even if i have blodge, my layers just end up being killed. POW is way too often a thing I get to see when I play my elves against chaos or whatknot "I-kill-your-team" coaches.

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2005 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah.. you all need to relax... avoid the teams with more than 4 claws and 2dps. Other than that, when someone smacks 8 cas on you just giggle and hope its your turn next time.

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2005 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

BunnyPuncher wrote:
Yeah.. you all need to relax... avoid the teams with more than 4 claws and 2dps. Other than that, when someone smacks 8 cas on you just giggle and hope its your turn next time.
My problem is that (besides being way too aggressive with av7 players) under the current circumstances I'll never get a team up high enough to absorb that kind of beating without destroying the team. Yesterday I saw a conversation in the chat about woodies, with several agreeing that at higher levels they are too easy to win with, and presumably that's why people go out of their way to kill them. Perhaps I just suck as a coach at this level of play, which admittedly is much better than the guys I used to play tabletop with. Perhaps it's just poor luck that an elf with dodge still fails a 2+ twice with the reroll three times in one game. Or that the opponent rolls three straight POW 1d block results...

Ok, yes, I'm whining about non-thread stuff now. Back to topic... maybe I need to take on the bashy teams, run away when they try to score, get my scores, and hope to tie or win by one.
 Jump to: