27 coaches online • Server time: 01:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Retro21

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2013 - 11:44 Reply with quote Back to top

The Colony
Another take on an apocalyptic world where survivors have to band together, this time to face the severe cold. It was a fairly run of the mill survival horror, but I like these kind of things!

Mr Brooks
Well, well worth a watch. I'd never heard of it before but it was really well done. Mr. Brooks has an alter ego, and that alter ego likes to kill. Costner, who I don't usually like too much, was excellent, as were the supporting cast.

Please feel free to contribute, had this on other forums and it ran for pages. Figure we might all have similar (ish) tastes!

Last edited by Retro21 on %b %26, %2013 - %11:%Jul; edited 2 times in total
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2013 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.imdb.com/user/ur5400898/ratings?start=1&view=detail&sort=your_ratings:desc&defaults=1&my_ratings=restrict Surprised

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Retro21

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2013 - 11:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Are you me!? Very Happy Not far off my ratings at all (if not the same).

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2013 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

My ratings often stay very close to the average rating, sometimes I suspect myself of being a mindless drone. Razz

Retro21

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2013 - 11:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Very Happy

Gallowwalkers
Oh my goodness, what an awful bloody film. It must have been straight to DVD effort and I am sad and disappointed in myself for not turning it off after thirty minutes. Zombies in the Wild West sounds good, but this was messy and just very poorly done.

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2013 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

[Miami Connection.

Haven't seen it but it looks like a corker! Maurice Smith!!!!

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2013 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Just watched 'The Battery' http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2272350/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1 and for $6,000 it is an amazing zombie film and well worth the watch.
B_SIDE

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2013 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Whoa. Was that actually Maurice Smith???

I had no idea he did movies. That's so funny. I worked out with that dude. He came to our gym in California to prep for a UFC fight, a long long time ago. Cool guy.
koadah

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2013 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Whoa! You lucky dude!

It looks as though he is not done yet

A minor part it seems. Steven Seagal, Vinnie Jones, Frank Mir... Mr. Green

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2013 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

that is a pretty awesome poster for Miami Connection, wonder how much influence it had on GTA: Vice City Very Happy

Love zombie films so will be checking out The Battery, cheers Matt.

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2013 - 01:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Oblivion
Better than I thought it would be. Slowish start but it works out okay in the end. Wouldn't say I was blown away by it, but it was like a journey, and stayed with me after. Great soundtrack as well.

Frankenstein's Army
Some great creature design made this a good film. It is about Russian soldiers during WWII trying to find their comrades, and encountering the outcome of the occultist Nazi experiments. If you like that sort of thing I'd recommend it.

Battery
A film about two men's struggle for survival in the aftermath of a zombie apocalypse. It has been done a hundred times and this is more about the relationship between the characters than the zombies, which made it more interesting. Some great music and really pretty good for how little it cost ($6,000).

Last edited by Retro21 on %b %01, %2013 - %16:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2013 - 12:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Watched The Battery and was pretty bored, the characters were probably better than most zombie film characters *cough walking dead cough* still they were no where near interesting enough to carry a film with so little happening. And the zombies were pretty crappy.

Guess it was pretty well done/good looking for 6000 bucks.

Speaking of low budget monster movies, I really liked Monsters from 2010, of course that film's low budget was $500,000 Surprised

btw, you mean Frankenstein's Army, black&white teasers are cool. Smile

Retro21

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2013 - 16:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I did yes! Sorry, didn't mean to give anything away, just a general synopsis!