66 coaches online • Server time: 23:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
bghandras

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2013 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

I have a problem starting a game. I get the following message when I try to start a game:

"your security settings have blocked an application from running with an insecure or expired jre"

This is a newly installed computer, and the guy who installed assured me I have the latest JAVA.

7.0.210.11 - this is the JAVA version
easilyamused

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2013 - 21:37 Reply with quote Back to top

that message generally means you need to update java, may be worth a check to make sure you actually so have the most up to date version.

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2013 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

The latest java would be Version 7 Update 25.. It seems the guy who prepared your machine was worng =(. To be sure, you can see if you have the latest version by going here: http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp

If you don't want to install a new version (even though it's highly recommended), you can locate your java control panel, start it up, go to the security tab and set it to the lowest level possible. That should allow you to play, but as said it's not really recommended. (I'm on a linux machine, so I do not know where to find the control panel on a windows machine).
 Jump to: