52 coaches online • Server time: 19:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
shusaku

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2013 - 12:41 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
I am confused. When people talk of boxing greats, do you sit at home thinking 'i could have taken some of them'

When watching the Olympics 100meters, are you constantly telling people your own best time?

In what world is anyones record against this list of team relevant or on topic or even vaguely interesting? In what way is it anything other than shameless and arrogant self promotion.

Really if your response to a list of other peoples achievements is to try and put yourself into the list, then..

GET. OVER. YOURSELF.

That is all.

If I see a list of great Teams, I want to check if I played them and how I did. Thats fun to me. I think posting it, encourages other players to check too. and maybe they even have fun doing it.
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2013 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Great work, Painstate!

Last edited by gamelsetlmatch on Aug 08, 2014 - 01:45; edited 1 time in total
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2013 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Oooh, a rage bump.

/me gets popcorn. Something fun might come out of a major thread for a change! Wink

(Smiley to indicate people can have fun in any way they like. Interest rates go up and down. Your home may be at risk if you do not keep up repayments. All rights reserved, copyright Goo productions 2013)
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2013 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

HAHAHAHA!
Comparing any teams or coaches on FUMBBL to boxing greats and Olympic athletes!????!??!

Get over yourself!

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2013 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

#18: ImageSexy Ogrex 2: WoC I

These guys are monsters. Pure and simple. They will rip off your arms and throw them into the upper deck. They snap off legs and eat them as snacks. They pummell you into the pitch until only your boots are sticking out. These guys took full advanatage of the conversion to CRP and inflicted some serious pain on the Box. The lamentations could be heard all they way over in the Ranked Div. The out cry of FOUL was large.

Lucky for them they took the first ever Box major before every one realized how bad ogres had gotten nerfed. But I hear some of you cry he was able to field 11 ogres. Sure but that also is the greatness of the Sexy Ogrex. Because of their domination serious discussions took place. Coaches and admins trying to come up with a plan to gimp these goliath 12 Ogre converted teams. These guys actually had FUMBBL considering changing the rules so this kind of event would never happen again and gimp the converted Ogres even farther. This caused coaches to rub their hands in anticipation of the rulling and waking up in the middle of the night having panic attacks that converted 12 man Ogre teams would win every Box major until they were all killed off.

When a team makes that kind of impact on the majors scene. They are golden in Milfords book and lucky bastards that they got their win in before the door closed shut on the Ogre race in the Box.

Had missed this (or mostly not payed much attention to it) till now ... and I haven't read all the messages after this one so my apologies if it has been mentioned already but I got to point out Milford that while I agree with him the pick I'm pretty sure this mayor was played under LRB4 ... and so they didn't take advantage of the conversion or where the reason (at least not at that moment) for the grandfathered ogres getting the stick.
ThePeoplesChamp

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2013 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh my!
sonrises

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2013 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Great stuff
PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2014 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milfords updated top 25 list **

Well FUMBBL fans a titanic even hit the Ranked major scene. Gbangoss has un forlorned the necro teams from the list of majors wanna bees.

It was a epic 8 round tournament that saw the Gbangoss crew on the ropes early in qualifier, staving off elimination in 2 over time matches. Rising up and crashing down in the main draw and just blowing through the field.

Their finals match was inspirational as they took on the Excellence of Execution chaos side and just laid them out deep in the KO and CAS boxes. Turned the claw so to speak on them and just blew them up.

It was a inspirational run to greatness in the GLT for the Gbangoos squad.

Now I have determined to scribble their names into the TOP 25 list for all time.

So looking at the list. Taking in the titanic nature of the victory and so forth I have decided to slide them into the list at #22.

It was glorious but not good enough, yet, to propel them into the top 20. Lets see if this is the start of a serious run in the Ranked majors for them or just a flash in the pan. Regardless how the run ends up. They deserve to slide into a tie at the #22 spot on the list.

Great job Gbangoos and lets see if you can make a run in the UI or FUMBBL Cup and move up the list.

Last edited by PainState on Aug 07, 2014 - 22:22; edited 1 time in total
PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2014 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Milfords top 25 in a nice list format with out the commentary

#1 ImageExtraordinary Brotherhood : WO III

#2 ImageTiny Steel Hammers : WO VIII, GLT IX and GLT VIII

#3 ImageCompetitive Eaters : LCI FC VI

#4 ImageChuck Versus Blood Bowl : FC X

#5 ImageWhite Killers : LC II

#6 ImageBlack Sithi : BC IV BC II

#7 ImageFleetfoots Revenge : UI IX GLT V

#8 ImageRata Blanca :GLT VI, FC XI

#9 ImageGriefers Gonna Grief : CoS II

#10 ImageLoA : WO V

#11 ImageUltimate Superheros :FC V

#12 ImageNandorins :FC IV

#13 ImagePro Popes :BC III

#14 ImageLone Stars :WO VIII

#15 ImageBig Hats FTW : LC III

#16 ImageBurn Notice :WoC III

#17: ImageRatzingerz Todezfeinde: UI IV

#18: ImageSexy Ogrex 2: WoC I

#19: ImageACE II Brotherhood: CoS I

#20: ImageColorful Characters: LC V

#21: ImageUltimate Mr Men: WO IV

#22: ImageBeernatics: FC VIII

#22:Image Gbangoos GLT X

#23: ImageLegion of Orgrimmar: GLT VII

#24: ImageOulan Nurglet: CoS III

#25: ImageBearded Roller VII: WoCIV

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2014 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Great update though it looks like you have just removed the old 22nd team instead of moving teams down a place. Bearded Roller should now be out?

Fouling after the 4min whistle- It took some dirty tricks for those Necros to be unforlorn! Good work though.

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2015 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Oi!

What about Red Corsair for unforlorning Humans??!?!?

Aren't they worthy of a spot PainState??

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2017 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from his penthouse suite at the FC **

It might be time to go back and update this list and maybe just expand it a bit.

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2017 - 00:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Make it a GLN article. Wink

Jump to: