32 coaches online • Server time: 01:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
licker

Post   Posted: May 26, 2013 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Be faster to just retire than entire team honestly.

No cash, 4 loners, and now a niggle. Sure, blodge sauri are very nice, but that team is really shafted because you need to replace the skinks (loner skinks are terrible since you have to rely on them for your ball handling duties).
ScroogeMeiser

Post   Posted: May 26, 2013 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, but the reason I'm asking people who have been on this site for any time longer than me, which is nearly everyone, is because I'd like to listen to your opinions and experience. If I didn't have input I would say that I would keep him around until he eventually gets a worse injury. That said however, it's the team value and match making stuff that I cannot account for. I'm unsure if my niggled blodge Saurus dying later on is going to suddenly make me wish that 30 games ago I tossed him for a rookie.
ScroogeMeiser

Post   Posted: May 26, 2013 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I definitely thought about it, Licker. I kind of just figured that bringing in rookie skinks later on wouldn't be as harmful since they can still do their job without extra skills. But yes, I would likely be better off retiring the team. I don't think I will yet, but I may soon if luck doesn't show for me.
pythrr

Post   Posted: May 26, 2013 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

ScroogeMeiser wrote:
Yes, but the reason I'm asking people who have been on this site for any time longer than me, which is nearly everyone, is because I'd like to listen to your opinions and experience. If I didn't have input I would say that I would keep him around until he eventually gets a worse injury. That said however, it's the team value and match making stuff that I cannot account for. I'm unsure if my niggled blodge Saurus dying later on is going to suddenly make me wish that 30 games ago I tossed him for a rookie.

Oh, I get that. But learning such things yourself does make the lessons stick better. Smile But yes, taking some advice, and then seeing if it works for you, or not, is good too. But take care, there is rarely a YES/NO answer to most things bloodbowl-ish. Except for sacrificing goats; one should ALWAYS do that.

Post   Posted: May 26, 2013 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed Pythrr, agreed.
zooms

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2013 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys.
I have 2 niggles and a -AV on a fairly new HE team (all lino) what do I do? retire team and start again? retire players and use journeymen?

http://www.fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=748954

Thanks in advance
zooms

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2013 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys.
I have 2 niggles and a -AV on a fairly new HE team (all lino) what do I do? retire team and start again? retire players and use journeymen?

http://www.fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=748954

Thanks in advance
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2013 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I think I would keep the team, fire all injured players, put three Journeymen on the LoS, and proceed to buy a Reroll and then some Catchers. But it's a close call. There is also a good case for retiring the team and starting over.
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2013 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Your choice. Right now, it's recoverable. Slowly replace the players, and keep skilling your positionals. I might actually sack all 3 immediately and replace them with journeymen; that way you don't have to worry about the MVP going to a dude you don't want to keep, and if one of your journeymen gets the MVP, you can buy him immediately.

It'll slow your positional purchase down, and it's on the brink of not worth it, but if you want, you can bring that back quite easily.

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2013 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah no reason to keep any of them. As for retiring your team, it's not hopeless at all so I guess it depends on your temperament. Smile

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
zooms

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2013 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the advice, I think I will keep the team and use journeys, see how the next game pans out!
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2013 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

From this point with Dinomites I'd start holding on to a 50k cash minimum, so I can hire MVP or TD Journeyskinks to fish for a ball-handler (one Skink gets normals to his heart's content 'cause one SS/DT Skink is a blast, the others get cut unless they double/stat to become your carrier). I find after a bad crash the answer is often to lay low TV-wise and not make any purchases that don't immediately impact development (saving stolen SPP and replacing positionals ok). Specifically, when you hit 190k buy a Krox, then replace lost/gimped Sauri once you have a Krox and 130k... but don't buy any zero-SPP Skinks until you have all your positionals, and enough cash to buy up to TWELVE bodies (otherwise journeymen are fine), and enough cash left over to replace a dead strong guy or two.