52 coaches online • Server time: 12:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
deyempe

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2013 - 02:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Folks!

I've had an idea (and im sure many of you do to) - Is there a way to play a custom race/roster (privately) other than Table Top? i.e. in a client similar to FUMMBL's Fantasy Football..

I have briefly looked at others but the custom race bit is hard to exact, I have read of mixed race but not custom..

I (and I am sur many others) LOVE customisation and would love to create a unique race/roster and play it privately with friends. For both fun and testing purposes.

In theory its just; add new race(racename), link positionals to custom sprite images, get()MA,ST,AG,AV. ect.ect., play!

Any and all help ect appreciated

Thanks Smile
FredAstaire

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2013 - 03:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty sure there is no way to get what you are talking about.

You can play in test mode with pre-existing teams (and I think you *may* be able to edit them, but cannot confirm)

However Garion made these http://fumbbl.com/help:SecretLeague and those might make an appearance in some sort of special division at some point. But test mode is all we have for now
deyempe

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2013 - 03:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Thats a darned shame Sad

What is test mode?

Ye those look awsomne!
FredAstaire

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2013 - 03:28 Reply with quote Back to top

With teams that are ready click 'play' & instead of putting in a normal gamename like you would for league or tournament games, set the name as "test:x" where x=whatever you choose to call the game. This has the added feature of being able to play as another coaches team by typing in http://fumbbl.com/ffb.jnlp?id=XXX into your address bar & replace the XXX with the team's ID code (A teams ID code is the 6 digit number that is at the end of the url when on the team page), not only that but you should be able to play against someone else if you tell them the test gamename.

More info on test mode that probably explains it better than I can can be found here http://fumbbl.com/help:Test+mode
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2013 - 03:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Roll a lot of doubles. Play a race that can cut players early to fish for doubles. It's kind of like building a custom roster.

The game is so vast it takes forever to truly run through the whole framework. It would not be like building every viable Magic deck concept, but that's the idea.

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2013 - 06:30 Reply with quote Back to top

You can do it, but you'd have to change each player by hand each time without some prep work coding.

You'd load a team (any, I guess), and then modify them as heavily as you care to via the /chat commands: http://fumbbl.com/help:Test+mode

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
C3I2

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2013 - 07:37 Reply with quote Back to top

There is a thread about this already, and one guy that try to create base teams that you then can load for modifications.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2013 - 09:20 Reply with quote Back to top

hello deyempe

It's all very possible to do, in fact I do it. Most of my gaming is with custom rosters.

Of course you cannot do it with the Fantasy Football client. However there are several stand alone clients.

1 lrb 4, 1 pbm, 2 or 3 lrb 6 clients. If you just want to play stand alone it's very easy and I'm happy to give you whatever you want, in fact I think you'd be pretty amazed with what I do have.

If you want to play over the net with someone, it's trickier, but not much more than a lot of people here used to do.

Basically what you need is:

A stand alone client (I've pretty much gone back to the lrb4 client bar Slann games)
A roster html editor (all editing is done on the editor) there are lrb 4 and lrb 5+ editors
Icons, pitches and an imagination.

If you wish to play over the net, you will need to know your port & proxies (bear in mind you can't play on fumbbl anymore) http://fumbbl.com/help:ClientConfiguration

Also and this is a big also neither botocs or java bowl work with java 7. I use java 5. It is possible to set up using both javas, however I could not work out how to do this. So simply I have disabled all plug ins in my browser (which means I click on them to work them) for security.

Grogbot does work with java 7, but is not very custom friendly compared to the other 2.

However yeah, if you want to do it in standalone, it's very easy once you get going. I run my own league with 8 divisions of 10 teams, mostly custom!

Here is an example I posted (ok it's a diorama, but it's easy to set this match up)

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=24044&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
deyempe

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2013 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks @ FredAstaire, JackassRampant, Smeat, C3I2, and harvestmouse

@ harvestmouse: I downloaded and looked at two clients last night, botocs and Skijunkies JavaBBowl.

Both apps opened but only Botcs worked. I do have java7 so that'll be why.

Both impress me, Botocs - because it works, and JavaBBowl because of the ability to create mixed race rosters.

The link to the thread with your picture you provided - is a great representation of what I mean. I don't desire to play over the net as such, just want to make my own Race/Roster/s and play private games with them, mainly unbalanced ones against my un-knowledgeable gf LOL jk ;P

ALSO: Every link on Skijunkies site to HTML editors are dead, except one (cant remember what it was but don't think it was what I need)

I am so grateful for all your help and I am feeling more confident now that this is a possibility for me/you without needing to become an expert Java coder and have write it all ourselves lol.

Thanks one and all
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2013 - 12:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Well all my editing is now done with lrb 4. Also I find that it has more options. So if you decide to use botocs, I can be of less help. Garion maybe able to help you with some parts there. I have done editing with botocs, but I've forgotten a lot of it.

As for html editor, I use the halfling scribe.

http://bbowl.gmxhome.de/scribe/scribe.htm

The lrb4 one is a little temperamental, and I wish I used the one at soapyfrog.net, however I can't be bothered to change over now.
deyempe

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2013 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks again Harvest Mouse - I would use that but being Excel-less I cannot :/

I just checked out soapyfrog.net and the links on the d/l page for their BBclient are broken also :'(
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2013 - 14:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Well looking at the read me in the botoc's client elyoukey did an editor for it, he's a member here.

Personally, unless you have a major reason you want to use lrb 6, I'd go lrb 4 (as long as you don't mind the java issues).

Garion or Zakatan might be able to advise you better for botocs.

You can save 'open office' documents as excel is another alternative.

Javabowl saves as a html, you need to be a bit careful when saving, but that's easy to learn.

The worst thing about the stand alone clients is it doesn't have the predictor move that Fantasy Football has. This really is a pain, but if you're into your custom leagues like appears, you can live with that.
deyempe

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2013 - 14:21 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2013 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Ha! Scary that you did that! Still it's great to see you're having fun!

I did the retro dungeon pitch a month or so ago

deyempe

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2013 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow! That is very nice Very Happy I like it!

Yes forgive me =/ I was a pokenerd for a bit as a kid :O - grew out of it eventually.. or did I !!?
 Jump to: