34 coaches online • Server time: 11:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
C3I2

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2013 - 10:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, if like me you suddenly get 10+ disconnects per game, it makes it a bit hard to focus on playing so I really like to solve it.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2013 - 11:12
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Is it just an FFB problem or do you get it in other games too? When I was having hard-line disconnect problems I rang BT and had them run a line test while I was on-line. It was actually a fault with the copper cable at the end of my road
C3I2

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2013 - 12:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Nothing other then the client going down.
C3I2

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2013 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I updated to Java 7; but that did not stop the disconnects. How do you manage "what ports" different software uses?

Ie that number you sometimes can ad, not the physical ports.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2013 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Did you try the firewall thing? Happened to me recently from nowhere; no update or new thing installed and bam, every 20 seconds FFB would drop.
C3I2

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2013 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

And as suddenly as it started it just dont happen again.
Araznaroth

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2013 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

(Rather necro this than start a new one)

So is it a mysterious Nuffle bug thats going around. Been having it the last couple of games. Sad Madly annoying. (probably even more so for my opponents) I'm on Windows 7 using Chrome still running the Java 6.(never updated because people seemed to have some probs with it and I am a firm believer if it ain't broke don't fix it. I even started dropping out of games I'm speccing.Sad No warnings no messages, just poof! Normally (in the rare case)if it happens due to a connection hickup I get disconnected from Fumbbl's IRC but thats never the case now, nor does it show anything faulty with connection. Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, your my only hope!

@C312; So it just stopped as mysteriously as it began?

"Happened to me recently from nowhere; no update or new thing installed and bam, every 20 seconds FFB would drop." Same here, I never update anything in the fear it would mess up FFB, hell only thing I use this for is Fumbbl and some emulators. Sad
Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2013 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

There could be any number of reasons for this, check your router to see if you are losing sync or dropping ppp, it should have this info somewhere. Also if you are connecting wirelessly then dont. Wireless connections are becoming increasingly less effective. The more routers in an area the worse your wireless will be unless you have an ac wireless router and adapter. These and a firewall should always be the first things you look at.

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2013 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Have you tried turning it off . . . Then turning it back on again?
garyt1

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2013 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I found a year or so again that if the Wireless connection was slow perhaps due to downloading something else then you could be cut out of the FUMBBL client even though the irc may seem ok. Also if using a really bad connection like in a hotel it is best all round to not even try to play a FUMBBL game.

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2013 - 12:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Hm, well my gf has a tablet now, so I've been thinking its something along these lines; "connection was slow perhaps due to downloading something else then you could be cut out of the FUMBBL client even though the irc may seem ok". But my games keep dropping even if she has gone to bed and her tablet is turned off. Also; "check your router to see if you are losing sync or dropping ppp, it should have this info somewhere" Thx Garion, afraid I have no idea how to do stuff like this! Googling now.Very Happy Will try with a cable otherwise I might update the Java but that's last resort stuff. Hope I get this fixed or I'll have to quit some leagues. Don't even ask where I'm gonna get my fix!!Sad
edit: speed seems to be 65Mbps but when I use a cable its 100Mbps. And it seems to work,only gonna need a longer cable and no more games from the upstairs bedroom. Sad
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2013 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I have one disconnect per game on average. Use ethernet connection and no firewall. Connection otherwise fine. I blame it on Zara and hope it will go away once she is replaced. Wink
Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2013 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

yes, wireless can drop connection fairly often really, usually it reconnects so quickly your computer will not even notice but it can cause lag etc... which can cause drops from the client. Especially if your router is a B/G/N router which it probably will be, because they radiate their signal. Unlike ac routers which uses band forming tech meaning it shoots the wireless signal straight at your device and at a different frequency to all the other wireless routers in your area so there is a lot less interference.

To access your Routers GUI. first go to command prompt then type IPCONFIG. it will show your default gateway. then type that number in to your address bar and you will be connected to your routers GUI. you will need a username and password. This is almost always admin and password. it should tell what yours is on the bottom or back of your router.

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2013 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I encountered this problem late last night. It's a weird one as the client kept crashing but reloaded instantly.
I can only access internet wirelessly as the router is in a separate building. I've rebooted the router and am looking at the firewall settings.

@Garion I assume when you are recommending disabling the firewall you mean the router's and windows own? There's no option to disable the router's firewall, it's currently set to allow all outgoing traffic and block all incoming.

I've been able to spec games without any issue.
 Jump to: