20 coaches online • Server time: 07:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post Dodge
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2013 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

If the damage dice are hot you sometimes just don't have a chance but looking at the 2 first turns of your replay you could have protected all you blitzers on kick off by having 3 rookies on the line and 2 linemen+ogre* 2 squares further back then hide the 5 most important players behind that line. The way you deploy gives him a choice of 10 players to blitz. His team could only get 1 dice on the ogre if it is the middle of the 2nd line.

Or rookie blitzer & +ma block lineman & ogre if you wanted to protect the block, tackle lineman.

The 2nd turn you made your blitz on a player that the ogre+lineman could block away themselves, while your 2 players up north had 3 marauders to handle. If you had blitzed up there you wouldn't have left a marauder in contact with your blitzer who were KOed on the 'free' block. You also stood up Michelle for no real gain, when there isn't space to dodge out on 3+ then sometimes it's better just to stay down for a turn as there was no real crucial stuff going on yet in the match.

On a side note I would much rather face this pact team than that completely ridiculous lizard team. Surprised

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
ignatzami

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2013 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I just drew that lizzie team again, and it has gotten even worse. I hate Pact, I've never liked them, and even when they aren't cheesed to the nines I've never liked them.

That being said, I've got a Catcher with a skill, and I'm looking for input. Block, Dodge, Side-Step + ?

My immediate thought is diving catch, but I'm not set on it.

Player: http://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=9136926
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2013 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Given your enjoyment of the passing game, Diving Catch would work pretty well.

Fend is a fun skill for a catcher with blodge and sidestep.

Join the Human League Premiership!
garyt1

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2013 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Fend is great to protect from PO but as he has nothing special yet to protect then maybe diving catch will give you more value. Sure feet may be handy for those dashes to the endzone.
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2013 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I was thinking fend in terms of making space, and becoming unmarked. Worked really well for my first catcher legend, back when I played more of a passing game. Even on a blitz if it's their last GFI to get the catcher, or they are standing next to another of your players, then you can get out of tackle zones ready to receive the pass.

Join the Human League Premiership!
PacoSillas

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2013 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

ma8 ss is a got otser ... sprint or sure feet would help him there .. or even leap, might sound silly with ag3 but a 4+3+ is often better than a 5+4+3+ dodges if you face a line on the back. Sh yo have a highly mobile ballcarrier ... or if you want to optimize tv .. fire him and hope for +stats in the new one (I don't endorse firing healty players though unless there is a real need to do it .. rebuilding a team is usually a good reason).
ignatzami

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2013 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Dunenzed wrote:
Given your enjoyment of the passing game, Diving Catch would work pretty well.

Fend is a fun skill for a catcher with blodge and sidestep.

I didn't think about Fend... I think that's a better choice long term. I like my catchers to not die.
DeZigma

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2013 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

hmmm... i got a great exp with Boldge, Side Step, Fend. This combo stresses a lot.

I guess catchers die quite fast. They are often prime target!

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2013 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Final Scores

It wasn't a busy Premiership, with only two teams completing a Sprint, the Sons of Brutus and the Averheim Black Watch.
But the end of the season made up for that! The two time winners tried 'till the last few hours to stop the Sons, but they couldn't do anything against destiny. In easy control of the first place during the whole season, soon to be most played human team in Blackbox history, two time Brawl winners, the Sons of Brutus are the new Premiership champion!
Grats Dunenzed, well deserved title.

After a lot of seasons were the Conference was dominated by rookie teams, the old-timers revenge is completed: the Vault Tec Squad bring home the title after 350+ matches. The VTS is the third team to score a double, after the legendary Bayernoff Bengals and Mata Leon. Mata Leon challenged the title up to the last few days, another team with 100+ matches!

Time for Season 16 to begin, let's make the Premiership a bit more crowded!

Premiership

Top three positions

Winner: Sons of Brutus - 42 points (7/5/4)

Runner Up: Averheim Black Watch - 39 points (7/2/7)

3rd Place: Vault Tec Squad - 28 points (5/2/4)

Minor Throphies

Sprinter: Sons of Brutus, Averheim Black Watch

Top Scorer: Sons of Brutus

Top Basher: Averheim Black Watch

Conference

Top three positions

Winner: Vault Tec Squad - 55 points (12/3/1)

Runner Up: Mata Leon - 54 points (12/2/2)

3rd Place: Miragliano Gutter Cleaners - 48 points (10/2/4)

Minor Throphies

Top Scorer: [ B]ad Day

Top Basher: Worst Than Formerly

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2013 - 00:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Gratz Dunenzed and OenarLod was quite a season. For me I cant say it was a season of success but rather one of hard work and blood sweat and tears

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2013 - 05:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Qaz wrote:
For me I cant say it was a season of success but rather one of hard work and blood sweat and tears

Worthy of recognition and applause in of itself. Completing a season, be it at Conference or Premiership level is something not every Blackbox coach has the stomach to do. Doing so with a top three finish while also suffering through a brutal team collapse and rebuild (or two) is either something you should be proud of, or something you might need therapy for. Choose the former.

See you all in season 16.
Nablah

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2013 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Congratulations everybody!
I have to admit that it was a bit foolish to try the premiership on my first run, I don't know if it was my team or me but someone was not ready and we got hit quite hard Smile
So I'm back to rebuilding and I'll try to improve my score in the conference this new season.

Cheers!
Anzelak

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2013 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Team bio started: Reikland Ruin.

Bloggity blog: Reikland Ruin.

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2013 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Anzelak wrote:
Team bio started: Reikland Ruin.

Bloggity blog: Reikland Ruin.

Nice work, most successful human teams are fluffy ones.
But don't forget we moved to Season 16! Laughing

Jump to: