46 coaches online • Server time: 00:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Lord_Splutticus

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2005 - 19:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I think the PDF format gives better quality, and PDF-readers are freely downloadable and a standard. So I guess Christer and the new GLN-editor should have final say in that...

To get things going... Bunnypuncher as chief editor ad interim ?

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2005 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I can see .PDf downloads dying a slow death in some forgotten corner of the site.
I'm sure they're prettier and less time consuming, but the GLN link is an easy to browse, download free way of accessing the artices.

If thats the way it has to go to survive then so be it.

I just love its current format is all.

I've seen an advance copy of the next issue and unless nothing at all has been done (saw it months ago) then It should be in a fit state to be released anyway.

I think people will forgive the odd cosmetic blemish and editing mistake in order to have it back. Come on mnemon. Just release it.

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2005 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I happen to agree with Inq, I also prefer the current format of the GLN, I'm just not willing to work with it. I have a lot of experience using WYSIWYG publishing software and it is in my comfort zone.

So fumbbl community respond. This is your newsletter after all. Tell everyone what you think.

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2005 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm maybe you dont need to work with it personally.

What about getting some lackey with a greater knowledge of web based publishing to organise the layout and graphics each issue.

You can then concentrate on the material itself.

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2005 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

In mine aswell. Im with Bunnypuncher, and yes you have demonstrated your skills before much to my liking.
Dooby

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2005 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

pdf rocks! having only recently discovered writing pdf's myself. Everyone has a pdf viewer so that is a good idea. It also makes it more of a newsletter if done as pdf.

I would be more than happy to aid anyone who wants to take over the Grotty Little Newspaper in any form, should they require assistance.
 Jump to: