49 coaches online • Server time: 18:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post War Drums?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Corneto25

Post 16 Posted: Nov 30, 2004 - 03:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Dwarves and gnomes have always been an invented lot, goblins however use their mechanical geniuses on unreliable mayhem and bloody related inventions.
Once a famed halfling bandit whose name will be uttered no more discovered a giant abandoned laboratory, nested on this well defended but forgotten fort, which housed many secrets... Apparantly this was the fabled dwarf lich (and only one in documented history, and rumored to be a BloodBowl player once) secret experiment in creating the most deadly machines possible, and incorporate them in his favorite sport, sadly one time watching his old team playing in his crystal scryer device, he got furious and pressed a bad combination of buttons which resulted in a miss interpretation of the nearby spare parts shredder.

The poor halfer, as most halfers do, screwed up, and switched the power on the whole laboratory, which was already self suficient in creating new constructs. Realizing this potential, the halfer decided to become coach and president of a new kind of bloodbowl team... one that could replace themselves easy.

0-1 Halfling Tinker - 5 2 3 6 - dodge, stunty, right stuff, coach, leader - 50k A
0-1 Colossus - 1 8 1 11 - Mighty Blow, Really Stupid, Take Root, Stand firm, Throw Team Mate - 120k S
0-1 SpareParts Shedder - 4 4 3 10 - Spikes, Deathroller - 120k A
0-2 Heat Bomb - 8 1 3 5 - dodge, stunty, no hands, bombs, RightStuff - 50k A
0-2 Cannon Tower - 3 2 3 8 - spikes, blunderbuss, throw team mate - 70k A
0-16 Builder - 3 2 3 7 dodge, stunty, rightstuff, catch, pass - 40k A

apothecary - yes
reroll - 60k

I always felt that the passing game is very poorly represented in stunty, these builders work like those factory lines, with 3ma i dont think its broken and u can position players all across the pitch to make this look fun. Dunno about the prices and stuff... need help there i think

tell me what u think...
Wink
Corneto25

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2004 - 15:18 Reply with quote Back to top

no replies .... is it that bad? i'de rather have 20 monkeys saying it sucked than none at all
Glomp

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2004 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Strength 8!!!

Woooh Shocked

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2004 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

But idea! I would never play em!

Give me a banana now, please Razz

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2004 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I doubt a MA1+take root+reallystupid dudes makes much diference even if he was ST8 or more. he's bound to have alot of games where he throws a couple of blocks if none at all... plus forgot to add big guy on him, so no RR for him.

i do think the name is stupid... maybe LAB THINGS
hunter

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2004 - 02:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll provide a bit of opinion...
Quote:

0-1 Halfling Tinker - 5 2 3 6 - dodge, stunty, right stuff, coach, leader - 50k A

This guy seems fine to me.
Quote:

0-1 Colossus - 1 8 1 11 - Mighty Blow, Really Stupid, Take Root, Stand firm, Throw Team Mate - 120k S

This guy seems a bit rediculous to me. Wink I, for one, would never even purchase one. I would ditch this player and work towards a roster without big guys at all, since there seems to be some call for that in the Leeg.
Quote:

0-1 SpareParts Shedder - 4 4 3 10 - Spikes, Deathroller - 120k A

Not necessarily a bad idea, but there is a very similar player on the Skyre Slaves team... not that it really matters, but I know of at least one coach who would get pretty huffy if such a player was on another roster. I would beef this guy up and make him a Star player.
Quote:

0-2 Heat Bomb - 8 1 3 5 - dodge, stunty, no hands, bombs, RightStuff - 50k A

I like these guys, but the aforementioned coach would again get his panties in a bunch, since this isn't a pure gnome team.
Quote:

0-2 Cannon Tower - 3 2 3 8 - spikes, blunderbuss, throw team mate - 70k A

Again, too similar to other players already out there.
Quote:

0-16 Builder - 3 2 3 7 dodge, stunty, rightstuff, catch, pass - 40k A

These guys, your core players, are the most unique part of the team. There are a couple of problems with them, though: first of all, you can't start a player with only A access with 2 agility skills (Dodge and Catch), as there aren't enough additional skills to take on regular skill rolls. Secondly, the price is too low, even though they are slow. If anything, I'd up the MA, allow access to both A and P, and start them off with different skills (too powerful to start with both catch and pass).

Overall, the concept isn't bad, but it is too similar to Gnomes and Skyre Slaves to be unique enough for serious consideration. I am basing this view on what I have read here, and it is only my opinion, but it is probably a fairly accurate statement to make.

I'd rework the team from another angle, starting with your core players and proceeding from there. You might have to change the concept considerably, though.

Hope I helped a bit.

~hunter

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2004 - 03:23 Reply with quote Back to top

first thx for the input.

I think its hard to get a unique player with something unprecedented from all the known teams, sure u can say shredder is slaves roller... but before the strygonian and the squigs have the same OFAB, pump wagon is fanatic, etc etc.

I think the fluff of this team works, all teams are composed of living players...this one with the exception of the halfer is a mechanical one. Sure gnomes/dwarves have inventions, etc (explained in the fluff) but i think its worth a shot.

re-work

0-1 Halfling Tinker - MA5 ST2 AG3 AV6 - dodge, stunty, right stuff, coach, leader - 50k A
0-1 ForemanBot - MA1 ST3 AG2 AV9 - throwteammate, standfirm - 90k S, P
0-2 SpareParts Shedder - MA4 ST4 AG3 AV10 - Spikes, Deathroller - 120k A
0-4 Heat Bomb - MA8 ST1 AG3 AV5 - dodge, stunty, no hands, bombs, RightStuff - 50k A
0-16 BuilderBot - MA2 ST2 AG3 AV7 - dodge, stunty, rightstuff, catch, pass - 40k A, P

i think 40k is nice for the worker ... dont forget that the enviorment is still the jungle bigguy rule, and at any given day this team is smashed apart... when G access gets away from all BG's in the leeg then i think that it should up to 50k.

who wants a banana?
Nemerus

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2004 - 03:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't have much to say other than you almost had the perfect name, call them Automatons and it'll be just right.
hunter

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2004 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Here is a Robot team that you might be interested in checking out.

~hunter

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2004 - 06:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you have reworked them to be unworkable. Your base players are your only threats to score and even TTM won't get MA 2 in the endzone. Plus, they will have to make stand up rolls to regain their feet after a knockdown. You may not consider that to be a big deal but you may think twice about using diving tackle if it puts you on the ground for a few turns. Also, the low move will leave you susceptible to bashy teams who could keep the ball away from you and beat the hell out of everyone. Not hard to do without the mobility to get into position to attack the ballcarrier or force a score. It will be stalling city when you are on defense. You may want to remove catch, increase MV to 4 and adjust price accordingly for starters. Team looks a little gnomey....four bombers, big slow TTM weapon, very slow... Wink
Corneto25

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2004 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

ok, they look like gnomes... but in a way that u can also say that cheater are like gobbos, and squigs also... still i really REALLY think it's a good fluff team, the missiles are unlike any other player on pitch, and can give good laughs.
i have checked hunter's post of the bots roster page, but has too many additional rules for a team whose site is based (and gladly) or knowed official rules.
The main problem, i think, remains of the gameplay of the team compared to others, and the fluff.... which i think is nice and nobody yet commented about it ...

the theme is a mechanical team. working with linemen who can actually provide a nice and different for stunty kind of play, passing... u never see any passing besides skinks desperate or dudes with hail mary, its time for a new theme...
Think about it, u had the squigs regen theme which is the same as strigoyan (OFAB) ... u can argument that vampire and hungry bounchy tings are different, but they are that as much as gobbos and cheaters.

0-1 Halfling Tinker - MA5 ST2 AG3 AV6 - dodge, stunty, right stuff, coach, leader - 50k A
0-1 ForemanBot - MA2 ST3 AG2 AV10 - throwteammate, standfirm - 90k G, S, P
0-2 SpareParts Shedder - MA4 ST4 AG3 AV10 - Spikes, Deathroller - 120k A
0-4 Heat Bomb - MA8 ST1 AG3 AV5 - dodge, stunty, no hands, bombs, RightStuff - 50k A
0-16 BuilderBot - MA3 ST2 AG3 AV7 - dodge, stunty, rightstuff, catch, pass - 40k A, P

plz dont compare heat bomb's with gnome bombers beside the numbers... they have absolutly NOTHING compared to them.... no hands and av5 means suicide, like the fluff theme... plus the affordable price of a ma8, etc player...
Added G access to foreman. a MA1 player, besides all the goodness of Standfirm and ST3 and AV10 can get wacked by the odd blitz of the Mighty Blow big guy. Like i said before, stunty is supposed to be fun and i hope that G access will be cut from the BGs to make it a more fun league to play besides the "KILL'EM ALL BG WITH TACKLE, MUTIPLE BLOCK, even RSC AND U'LL RETIRE UR TEAM NOW F CKER" type of play.

I really hope that u all can participate in making this one viable rooster in stunty with time... so post all ur comments, even if u dont give a flying feck about stunty....

thanks all... merry xmas.
boo!
Macavity

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2004 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I hate to be the jerk, (and I know this will haunt my new team) but.... Fluff-wise? You re-created Gnomes. There, I said it. The team may not be identical to gnomes, but the fluff is pretty much. We have a mechanical team in Stunty. You are making a mechanical team. I don't really care if they're are little guys in the suits or not. (and machines shouldn't get skills, fluff speaking) The 'tinkerer' adds to fluff, but nothing for the team, and your team has no movement. If the goal was to create a 'passing' team, I don't think you made it, sorry. I don't like being the jerk, but I don't see much hope for this team at present. Feel Free to come dis my team proposal.

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 02:53 Reply with quote Back to top

OK, changed concept.

How about The Factory?. Still the same fluff theme, although remove the halfling coach and replace with two bold aventurers who encountered the factory and decided to make a go for it in Blood Bowl

0-2 Human - MA6 ST3 AG3 AV8 - 50k G
0-1 ForemanBot - MA2 ST3 AG2 AV10 - throwteammate, standfirm - 90k G, P
0-16 Builder - MA4 ST2 AG3 AV7 - dodge, stunty, rightstuff, pass, extra arms - 50k A

Apothecary - yes
Reroll - 60k

The program inbued in them can make them learn from the mistakes they make (hence learning skills), and what fluff is there behind a deathroller or pump wagon getting skills ? or even a damn undead zombie? This team has nothing to do with gnomes as much as goblin themed stunty teams that are 3 !
I think this team is alot different from all other teams considering what we have. Heat Bomb is a unique type of player, so is a human lineman in the middle of the mayhem, plus foreman and bots can make some whacky plays... think of potential Very Happy
Kommando

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 03:12 Reply with quote Back to top

i hate to say this but human linos in stunty really are a bad idea. block, tackle, surehands, together with ma6, str 3 and ag 3 will let your whole team revolve around them, and they are not THAT interesting imo. call them factory workers and drop their ag to 2 + thick skull maybe?
 Jump to: