56 coaches online • Server time: 23:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2014 - 04:40 Reply with quote Back to top

There has been interest expressed in the thread about the announcement of development of FFB 1.1. Kalimar and the team are in need of a few good testers, but before you go and line up, please have read about what it means to be a tester and then ask yourself if you are still up for it.

Testing can be a lot of fun at times, seeing the new skills and witnessing strange things happen when things go awry. For the most part though, testing is very tedious. If you sign up as a tester, here is what you can expect, and what is to be expected of you:

- You need to have a lot of time on your hands and know the rules very well, or be prepared to crack open the manual and learn them inside and out. We often have to make decisions on rules work in combination with other rules and events.

- You won't be playing many/any "games". Playing consists of trying specific scenarios, fudging the dice rolls to get precise outcomes, and noting those outcomes. It is very tedious, but necessary.

- You have to stop and record every bug you find. This can be really tedious.

- Because you are reporting all these bugs and fixes, you need to keep on top of the FUMBBL bug list (to avoid duplicates) and also keep on top of a separate testing spreadsheet that covers almost every imaginable scenario in the game.

- You need to be prepared to deal with some crashing and technical glitches when new stuff is rolled out, e.g. new cards or skills.

If all this sounds too good to be true, and you are still interested, please contact Happygrue and Hitonagashi via PM only. They will be selecting a few extra testers to help out. Please don't be upset if you are not selected, there are limited spots available and they are trying to distribute them as best they can.

Thanks,
WhatBall (on behalf of the testers)

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2014 - 07:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Jeez, sounds too good to be true.

Comes with a six figure salary?

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2014 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigmar1 wrote:
Jeez, sounds too good to be true.

Comes with a six figure salary?

Your test team starts with 2M gold. I suppose you could buy yourself a bloodbowlers mansion if you really wanted, instead of spending it on those pesky positionals.

Perks of the job!

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2014 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

In addition to the money, you might just become famous. I can't make any promises, but you know that splash screen that you click past every time you start a game? Well past testers have mysteriously found their names added to that screen. Fortunately, we are a humble bunch. I think Hitonagashi is the only one who lets it go to his head. Wink

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2014 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

That reminds me, I need to hassle Kalimar for about the hundredth time to make my name bigger, bold and flashing! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2014 - 21:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I could make a come back and help, i have so much time its unbelievable plus while at work i can still play.