55 coaches online • Server time: 13:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What should I do?
Fire all the skilled goblins
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Fire only some goblins (say which one)
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Keep all the goblins and go on
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
Give them pie, they are gonna play better
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

Crook666

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2014 - 12:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello, again, some more advice needed for the Glowing Cave Guys

As you can see, the team reached a huge TV , this worries me a bit. The team relies basically on the troll, the 2 good blitzers, a good blodger ball carrier with some chance to pass the ball in every situation and a jolly thrower with big hand and hail mary who saved the day in many games. What you can notice is that I have many gobs with skills, this raises the TV and well, we are Underworld, so I was thinking about to lower our team value a bit. In the poll, if you want, you can vote and explain here what I could do. It's not a min/max stuff, I just want to understand if I really need those skilled gobs. Thank you.
Acheron143

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2014 - 12:42 Reply with quote Back to top

The only gobbo I'd fire is the av- one because he is like playing with -1 goblin and costing you two in most situations. shrugs. I like having the deep bench
Prez

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2014 - 12:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Fire #9 An Av6 Gobbo is just too much of a liability not to mention the bloat.

Fire #4 & 14 The FA is not really going to save them in the end...All gobbos die, in retrospect Disturbing Presence would be better.

All the other Gobs are fine, never use the apo on them.

In an effort to drag your TV I'd consider that Niggle thrower. Skaven are soft as it is and with that Niggle, he's a MASSIVE target on his head!!

That's my opinion Smile

Hope its of some sort of help

Nice Team BTW

PS Good point about a deep bench, replace fired Gobs with fresh fodder, I tried playing 13 as a rule with my UW

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2014 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice bio and stuff. I'd agree with Prez. Foul appearance is nice but there are better skills. Fire those gobbos and the -av one, but i'd keep the niggled thrower.
Crook666

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2014 - 13:04 Reply with quote Back to top

The niggled thrower is going to stay until he'll be seriously crippled or killed. As I said he's really useful, believe me.
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2014 - 13:07
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I do not coach underworld.

But to my eye the following observations would have me thinking.

The blitzers are solid but unspectacular, the dodge adds options but anything hitting them at this TV is likely to be thier hittiest player, and we should expect them to have tackle. Neither has PO, and probably should.

That's a very nice troll.

You have two developed throwers with some odd skill choices, neither has tried to sovle the 'throwing with ag3' problem (clue, its a bad plan) and presumably you use running plays. I think you should cut the niggled one and develop a better second player out of the position named thrower.

Your skaven linemen are underdevloped, some tackle/kick/block here would really help. luck a guard or Mb and the team suddenly has a great deal more depth.

4 rerolls? At 70 TV each thats a huge chunk of TV. Either thrower could get leader and save you 50TV without changing the number at all, and low rerolls is the 'new black' of CRP. 4 isnt a bad number, but 3 and maybe a cheerleader and coach could be a possibility.

Goblin skills account for 170TV. And you have chosen some very odd combos without a lot of synergy. Wrestle should be followed up with two heads and horns. SS and prehensile tail needs Diving tackle, not wrestle.

2 FA goblins, for why? For LOS duty? FA is rubbish on the LOS as almost everyone will have multiple players there to hit it, they wont all fail, and im now hitting 60TV instead of 40TV.

You probably also have too many goblins.

So my plan:
Cut all skilled goblins and build better ones.
Cut the niggled thrower, and bive the new one leader ASAP.
Then cut a reroll.
Build goblins with roles in mind, and justify the huge jump in TV by building goblins capable of changing games.

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2014 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

+1 PC
Anzelak

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2014 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

If you're not taking two heads as a single roll on a goblin, there has to be a pretty good reason as far as I'm concerned.

Another strategy is getting lucky with +agi rolls, like my Warp Thirteens did.

I think I made a mistake in having "The Captain" take block instead of wrestle on this team. I could have gone for the build PC just outlined.

I also think tentacles as a skill on the troll is perhaps the wrong choice. But my first claw troll died quickly so I've started to use the stupid cretins more passively.