30 coaches online • Server time: 08:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Roland

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2014 - 10:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Why are there no stunty leeg-leagues?
Only metas and tourneys?

I'd love to play in one, with divisions and all...
ShangoFu

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2014 - 10:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice question Roland.
That would be awesome...
Stunty open to same possibilities like regular BB.
Thinkin' about an All Goblin League (cheater-herder-forest), or high spectacular one with reservation for Pygmy, Pro flings, Skink and Eshin.
Long Live Stunty!
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2014 - 10:56
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Someone with more experience will field this, but I think it goes like this. There used to be, and there will be again. You can't have Leagues in a competitive division, and while Stunty isn't 'competitive' in that sense, it does still have tournies and majors etc. so the Stunty teams will need adding to the League team selection. Then there's some stuff about splitting a small player base and whatnot. Like I said, someone with more knowledge will fill in Smile

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Roland

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2014 - 11:02 Reply with quote Back to top

ah, I see... Smile
Roland

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2014 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

wait...
stunty leeg teams added to the League division? together with regular races?
cool! Very Happy
ahalfling

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2014 - 10:31 Reply with quote Back to top

It used to be like that. Not for a long time, though, and I don't think there are plans to change it.
SoldierofBodom95

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2014 - 21:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I know this is threadnomancy but is it not possible for the capability to have a League (Like in English Football) as a group using Stunty rosters. Not as a completely new category (League, Ranked, Blackbox etc ) but as a group? Where the winner is the one with the most points after say, 3 months with the capability to play as many games against players in the "Division" but only allowed to play the same team once?
Smeat

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2014 - 21:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Not exactly sure what you're asking/suggesting.

In the FUMBBL [L] Division (for League play), Stunty teams are simply not an option. Could (in theory) be coded to work (as discussed above), but are not atm.

In any competitive division (and in that sense, Stunty is "competitive" in the same way that Ranked and Box are), a private League (where you only play coaches within a specific subset of all coaches) is seen as "game fixing", whether intentional or not.

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
SvenS

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2014 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Used to work. SSL is still dormant Crying or Very sad

SL
SoldierofBodom95

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2014 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Think Division 1/2/3 with a point's system that works in the same way as the English Soccer/Football leagues but only for stunty teams. It would be 20 coaches + per division with the top two teams progressing to the next Division and the bottom two being relegated.
You'd only be able to play against the coaches in your respective Division and the placing would be determined by points. 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw and 0 for a loss. So a team with 10 wins has 30 points and second place and so forth.

And I do not see that as 'game fixing' as it's exactly how teams like Arsenal, Manchester Utd, West Ham etc have their divisions structured.
koadah

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2014 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

In the olden days you could create Stunty Leeg teams in the [L]eague division. That option has been taken away. I assume it will return when we get custom rosters.

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2014 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

You guys are all missing my point here.

Point One: It works like the Premiership Football League, UK. If you don't know what that is then go look at it please.

Point Two: It is for Stunty Leeg teams ONLY

Point Three: The winner is based on points and earns promotion or relegation depending on his score after a 3 month season.

Point Four: You MUST play every coach in your division ONCE

Point Five: Must be a NEW TEAM

Point Six: Only ONE TEAM per coach

Point Seven: If you wish to use a new team you must wait till a new season

Point Eight: You must use the SAME team until it is retired

That's pretty much it I think
gjopie

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't think anyone is missing your point. You are suggesting a player-run league, which is currently only allowed in the [L] division. At the moment, Stunty teams aren't allowed in [L] unfortunately. They used to be, and it was great, and hopefully one day they might return.

But you're not allowed to run a league like that in any of the "Open" divisions, such as [R], [B], or crucially, [S].

You could arrange a league exactly like that in L though, with regular BB teams.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 00:24 Reply with quote Back to top

SoldierofBodom95 wrote:
You guys are all missing my point here.

Point One: It works like the Premiership Football League, UK. If you don't know what that is then go look at it please.

Point Two: It is for Stunty Leeg teams ONLY

Point Three: The winner is based on points and earns promotion or relegation depending on his score after a 3 month season.

Point Four: You MUST play every coach in your division ONCE

Point Five: Must be a NEW TEAM

Point Six: Only ONE TEAM per coach

Point Seven: If you wish to use a new team you must wait till a new season

Point Eight: You must use the SAME team until it is retired

That's pretty much it I think

Yes we know what the Premiership is. Even some of the Americans know what it is! Some of then even know what the World Cup is now. \o/ St Tim.

You used to be able to do this with Stunty Leeg teams in the [L]eague division. You will probably be able to do it again in the future.

I suspect that you would not be allowed to do it in the Stunty division.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 00:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I was not aware you couldn't have player run Leagues in the Stunty Division. My bad, and to be fair Koadah, not all people living in the UK know how the football league works here xD Thank you for le feedback
 Jump to: