47 coaches online • Server time: 17:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mutescreamer

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2005 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah lose stunty from the bearkin, they aren't going to use it for anything other than dieing faster
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2005 - 15:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloud Giant !
Toonie

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2005 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Nope, no big guys and the Bearkin are stunty,they are a stronger and tougher breed of the Polarkin, the warriors of the tribe.
The Bearkin's cost is high because they are a st3 av8 stunty with general access.

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2005 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

still don't think stunty fits the bearkin, they should be a litle clumsy compered to the other kins.
nazerdemus

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2005 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Stuntys not about being agile its about being small , so if they are small make them stay as stuntys , good idea not to have any big guys as this balances having 4 str 3 players on the team Smile
olivers

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2005 - 15:43 Reply with quote Back to top

why oh why does stunty need more teams?

We really need to stick with Warhammer teams.

If anything why don't we have forrest goblins (sort of kile squig hoppers but with spider riders and poss squig hoppers) and night goblins with clubs and nets.
Toonie

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2005 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Nazerdemus hit the nail right on the head, the Bearkin are small hence the stunty, only they are stronger, less agile and tougher than their bretheren.

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2005 - 15:49 Reply with quote Back to top

how about making an animalkin (somewhat combining wolfkin and bearkin)....
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2005 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

remove either surefeet or dodge from the normal stunty sized polarkins..they can''t have 7 skills without doubles with it, and it makes them the best normal linemen stunties next to skinks imho, and skinks don''t have as much positionals.

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2005 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok a bit more tweaking done.

0-12 Polarkin 7/2/3/7 stunty, sure feet : ag 50k

I also have idea for a star player.
Gorki the Bear Slayer 6/3/2/9 stunty, stand firm, dauntless, block 110k

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2005 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

all looks good.

but the only problem i have is that as soon as the bearkins are on the ground then opposing big guys will utterly carnage the basic linemen now they don't have dodge. It'll make the team really tough to play early on as dodge is such a vital basic skill in stunty.
Kommando

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2005 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

now that the "need 7 skills available" dogma has officially been dropped with ogres i don't think there's any need for it in stunty where they'll never get to legend status anyway. give em dodge for goodness' sake, they'll be reduced to rubble otherwise.
celas

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2005 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Neat team idea. Too strong IMHO. After the team has a skill or two you may have 4 Str 3, AV 8 players with Block, Tackle, SF and no negatrait. Even though they seem susceptible without dodge, there are four of them, meaning a smart coach wil make it very difficult for them to be overpowered by stunties. Make them boneheaded at minimum. Two players other than the aforementioned Block/Tacklers will be able to take on Big Guys almost as effectively as Trollslayers and/or do push outs from long distances with only one assist, not too mention that they will be jump up/diving tacklers after a few 2-turn scores with MV 7. Hunterkins seem balanced as a position and the polarkin will be vulnerable until they get their first skill, but as we have seen with Pygmys, it is not too hard to get a MV 7 player a few TDs, even without dodge. Surefeet will basically make your base players faster than skinks. Sure they are more vulnerable without dodge, but AV 7 is on the high end for stunties. I would reduce the AV by 1 at minimum. As far as people thinking you need a Big Guy too, I think the best thing you could do is playtest this team right now and see how they fair. With their speed they will become better than Pygmys in a hurry.

May need to work on the fluff. "They live in the frozen wastes (assuming far away from civilization) and have only rarely been seen by Norse hunters..." but all of a sudden, PRESTO, they show up to the non-frozen areas of the world and wouldn't you know it, they can field a number of Bloodbowl teams....idea would be more plausible if the Frozen Wastes actually had access to Cabalvision... Wink Pardon the sarcasm and keep up the work on your concept.

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2005 - 20:22 Reply with quote Back to top

The old rules for Snow Trolls (as I remember)

Snow Troll 130,000 4 5 1 8 Block Mighty Blow BIG GUY, Regenerate, Always Hungry, Really Stupid GS

I miss my 2 non-stupid 3rd edition Snow Trolls *sigh*.

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2005 - 00:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok I have considered all the opinions given and have decided to do some more tweaking.

0-12 Polarkin 7/2/3/6 stunty,dodge,surefeet : ag 50k : This makes them more vulnerable but makes them a bit harder to bring down.

I don't really want to mess with the Bearkin too much,i don't think they need bone head or really stupid, but i will consider wild animal that way they will not lose their tackle zones if they fail the roll.

As for fluff, well the Wolfkin who have studied the Norse have noticed them playing Blood Bowl. They brought back stories of this weird activity and the tribes' cheiftains decided to try it for themselves. Confident that they had perfected this game, the cheiftains sent envoys to the Norse lands in hope they could secure trade and also get opponents to play in their new found past time.