49 coaches online • Server time: 00:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Cindy is back?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Darathin

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2003 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

As an avid player of Blood Bowl ever since it has been released it was a joy for me to find this game.

However, being useless at stuff like this, myself and a friend are having trouble connecting this all to work. Everything is installed and running and we even had things working on our computers at uni easy but on our home computers things seem to be unworking.

The server computer connects fine and says 'server opening socket'. The client computer (whichever way round with the server details entered) lists the servers ip address and says client not found.

Anyone offer any advice or other ways to connect to help us muppets Smile out, since we cannot play at work as surposedly we should be working...hmmm Wink .

Thanks,
Darathin
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2003 - 03:30 Reply with quote Back to top

If you are playing from the same location (ie: 2 computers hooked up with an ethernet cable or through a hub) then the client should just need to type in the IP address of the server and you're good to go. The thing to check for is that the "Proxy" box is unchecked and that you both have the same port (default is 8080 and that's fine).

If you're talking about playing from different location over the internet (which sounds like the case) It sounds like 1 of you is behind a router. Does one (or both) computer(s) have an IP address that is 192.168.0.xxx? That's a local ip address. Read the README.TXT file to find out about using the proxy and it never hurts to ask around in chat.

Welcome aboard, by the way.

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2003 - 11:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers dude,

Will give that a try.

Thanks,
Darathin
Torr

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2003 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Are you both Choosing either Net Server or Net Client? The hoster chooses Net Server, the connecter chooses Net Client and puts in the ip of the host. The hoster does not put in any ip address. Also, do not click proxy unless you are playing with one.
Darathin

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2003 - 00:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah we set up as server and client but it gave those errors. I think it was the service provider (we both have the same one).

I used this site as a proxy as someone mentioned in another topic and all worked perfectly...I lost my first game by technical ork flatennin Smile .

Thanks,
Darathin
 Jump to: