29 coaches online • Server time: 13:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2014 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Catch or Sure Hands is my vote. You want the ball in his hands...Catch if he is not the retirver and SH if you plan on becoming the ball retreiver...The idea that SH is superior because it eliminates SB is not the proper way to look at it. He has to get the ball in his hands with a free reroll first.

I would vote for catch because that means he can get down field before he gets the ball. Ogre having to go 24 paces to score is never a good thing.

Pro is the BEST skill for a ANY big guy regardless of loner skill for two very simple reasons.

1) He gets a chance to reroll his nega trait with out using a team reroll.

2) He gets a chance to reroll his 3DB every single stinking time with out using a team reroll. He is blocking every time with 3DB, right?

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2014 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Painstate = mega troll lol

Surehands obvs. Come at me bro!

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2014 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

In my experience, the reason to pick sure hands is because of the protection from strip ball, not because of the free rr. You can use a team rr to catch it if the kick is that deep.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2014 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

@paddymick - I think for certain teams its about the strip ball protection and on a ST5 blodge ogre, what can you reasonably expect to do other than strip ball?
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2014 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
@paddymick - I think for certain teams its about the strip ball protection and on a ST5 blodge ogre, what can you reasonably expect to do other than strip ball?

Exactly. Sure hands is a game changer vs elves and slann, because they have no other effective way of getting the ball off you.

And the free rr for pick is nice - once this guy gets break tackle he will be a decent sacker too.
SunDevil

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2014 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Sure Hands. I would have skipped Pro for Sure Hands (because of his non-Loner status, as Rat_Salat pointed out).

Ogre Ogres only need one double (Block) to be reliable hitters. Extra doubles make him an amazing ballcarrier - Block, Sure Hands, Dodge and I would have gone Sure Feet/Sprint instead of Tackle/Pro but he is amazing nonetheless!

Sure Hands!

Stay off the sidelines!
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2014 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Jump up.

The guy has block, and the enemy will be targeting him. Since he already has pro, that can be used to reroll failed jump up attempts. This will mean they will have to break armor (already difficult with 9 armor) to eliminate him as a threat.
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2014 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Jump up is an agility roll i think? So it's 5+ with ag2?
Can't see this guy going down all that often. If he does, he'll get fouled.
People tend to target snots when they play against ogres, for the free spp Smile
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2014 - 23:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Nope it's an ag roll +2 so it's a 3+ with ag2

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2014 - 00:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
Pro is great on ogre. What would you take instead?

Rookie confusion.

Pro is for Loners (and not a top choice for many of them). These Ogres ain't Loners.

Yes, it does help w/ Bonehead - but that alone is not reason enough. If it's important, if you NEED him to act, are you going to go w/ 50% Pro, or 100% Team RR? If he's the ballcarrier, the Team RR. If it's not important, other skills would have been better.

It'll be nice (50% of the time) late in the half when you're out of Team RR, or if it doesn't matter, or if you need to save your Team RR's, but other skills would have been useful every Turn.

But he's still your best ballcarrier, so SH.

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2014 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

PaddyMick wrote:
Jump up is an agility roll i think? So it's 5+ with ag2?
Can't see this guy going down all that often. If he does, he'll get fouled.
People tend to target snots when they play against ogres, for the free spp Smile

Jump Up: The player may stand up without paying the usual 3 squares of movement. If they wish to make a Block action, they must successfully pass a Jump Up roll (+2 agility Roll) or the Block Action is wasted and the player may not stand up.

So it's a +3, plus 50% chance of reroll with pro.

Although, considering strip ball threat, I am changing my opinion. For Ogre's you should of picked it second.
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2014 - 02:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Pro is still great on Ogre teams because a lot of the time you need the team rr for something as well. But yeah I agree that there are (probably always) better doubles. Just happens this guy has rolled 5 in a row, so can't blame the coach for taking it.
Iron-Fist

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2014 - 06:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm torn.

Sure hands and make him a carrier.

Break tackle and make him super hard to pin down as a blitzer?

Frenzy and add some risk to make him hit like a mack truck?

Ugh this is too hard.

Also, really regretting pro now. Sure hands and break tackle would have been nice.
Badoek

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2014 - 08:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't worry, he's still one of the best Ogres around Smile

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2014 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, just because something isn't the platonic ideal of a player doesnt mean they are irreparably screwed and useless.
 Jump to: