47 coaches online • Server time: 16:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
luckyjim12

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2014 - 15:05 Reply with quote Back to top

These are going to ROCK, but especially in stunty. I think I asked this already, but is the HMP bomb bug on the list?
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2014 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

which one specifically? im sure the answer is yes though. testing has been a bit slower than it should have been this time, so if time is something you have luckyjim12 then joining the testing team might be a good idea.

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2014 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Greased Shoes for these damn oneturners!
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2014 - 05:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
keggiemckill wrote:
They came out in LRB5. They are awesome. 13 Cards at 50k a piece, yadda yadda. Wait, you meant on FUMBBL didn't you? In the testing stages now I believe.

they actually got introduced in 4th edition first in the format they are currently used. Then they got scrapped again and then brought back in lrb5 as inducements. They also appeared in 3rd edition, though worked in a very very different way then. 4th ed was a lot closer to how they work now.

sorry for being pedantic. Razz

I played low amounts of 3rd Ed, but I do remember something about it. I don't recall them used much in LRB 4 as I think they were a house rule option. Don't hold me to that, it seems like a zillion years since LRB4. They became more prolific in LRB5 as inducements were straightened out. Dirty Trick cards are Fabulous and I would take one over a Babe any day. When you have trampoline trapped a guy out if bounds for a Crowd Casualty, you tend to get addicted to the 1/13 chance for the right DT cards. Smile

Jeffro
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2014 - 06:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
C3I2 wrote:
Overpowered?

some will no doubt say so yes. some Dirty tricks are incredibly powerful for their 50k price tag. But should be funny anyway Smile

I look forward to taking inducements on my low TV high games played skaven teams.

It'll certainly make playing the odd 1800-2300 chaos team more fun.
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2014 - 08:19 Reply with quote Back to top

keggiemckill wrote:
Garion wrote:
keggiemckill wrote:
They came out in LRB5. They are awesome. 13 Cards at 50k a piece, yadda yadda. Wait, you meant on FUMBBL didn't you? In the testing stages now I believe.

they actually got introduced in 4th edition first in the format they are currently used. Then they got scrapped again and then brought back in lrb5 as inducements. They also appeared in 3rd edition, though worked in a very very different way then. 4th ed was a lot closer to how they work now.

sorry for being pedantic. Razz

I played low amounts of 3rd Ed, but I do remember something about it. I don't recall them used much in LRB 4 as I think they were a house rule option. Don't hold me to that, it seems like a zillion years since LRB4. They became more prolific in LRB5 as inducements were straightened out. Dirty Trick cards are Fabulous and I would take one over a Babe any day. When you have trampoline trapped a guy out if bounds for a Crowd Casualty, you tend to get addicted to the 1/13 chance for the right DT cards. Smile

Not lrb 4. I said 4 th edition. It was the rule set prior to the lrb rules. But after 3rd edition.

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2014 - 03:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd love to put a HMP player on every team, just to get the exploding rune. Or see an ogre/saurus, in a trampoline trap try to make a landing.
Kam

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2014 - 04:05 Reply with quote Back to top

On a semi-related topic, the Icepelt version of the rule states that no star player can be induced in major tournaments (and I must say this rule really makes sense to me - even if that's not a major, I find kinda sad that low / mid TV teams can win XFLs thanks to inducements with some races, even though that's one of the reasons I'm in the zons final). That rule was, I believe, unwillingly cut when they removed all the did you know for the fluffless version.

Now, the problem on Fumbbl was that only one deck of cards was implanted (probably the worst deck), and having such a rule would disadvantage lower TV teams too much. But with the Dirty Tricks deck available... What do you think? Would it be enough to forbid star players in majors?

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2014 - 06:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Kam wrote:
Now, the problem on Fumbbl was that only one deck of cards was implanted (probably the worst deck), and having such a rule would disadvantage lower TV teams too much. But with the Dirty Tricks deck available... Would it be enough to forbid star players in majors?

Mm, balance wise that is a very interesting proposal. Removes the stronger investments. It may be good, it may be not. Doubt that it is very justifyable by the community or by Christer, tho. Just because it had been talked about at some point. Don't think that means here much.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2014 - 08:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you're on a sticky wicket there. Whilst pretty, the Icepelt rules aren't the rules. Although, on a very quick skim read, I don't see the rule to which you refer (and if I did, technically would it not refer to the Bloodbowl, Chaos Cup, etc. and not our Majors)?

Even if it is there, it would be pants for FUMBBL. Tournaments would inch back toward the LRB4 dark ages. 'Work on your team significantly pre event or don't win a game'. Dirty Tricks are all well and good, but they're random. They aren't a stake in the ground star player where you get what you pay for all the time.
Grod

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2014 - 08:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Surely without star player inducements, by round 3 of a major all the bash teams (dare I say CPOMB) teams will be dominating with nothing to stop them?

Oscar Wilde
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2014 - 09:12 Reply with quote Back to top

It's fine as is. If it ain't broke don't fix it. The majors are working fine.

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2014 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Goo: page 30 in bold letters. Wink

But after re-reading it the rule was only for the semi-finals and the finals.

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2014 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

You aren't the first person to make this error in this forum of late.

That line, which is also in the official rules, is referring to playoffs to decide a season champion in a league. It's in the league section. For leagues that want to decide that way. That's not what an open tournament like what we have on site here is, the line is not applicable to R or B.

And it's rubbish. But that's beside the point. Wink
 Jump to: