39 coaches online • Server time: 12:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
notbobby125

Post   Posted: May 03, 2014 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Players:

0/16 Lineman – 7 3 3 7 – Catch - GP – AS – 60k

0/3 Outfielders – 7 3 3 7 – Catch, Kick Off Return - GP – AS – 70k

0/3 Basemen– 7 3 3 8 – Catch, Nerves of Steal - GPA – S – 80k

0/2 Pitchers – 7 3 3 7 – Catch, Strong Arm, Big Hand - GP – AS – 70k

0/2 Catcher - 5 3 3 9 - Catch, Stand Firm, Grab- GPS-A- 90K

0/2 Home Runners- 7 3 3 8 - Catch, Hail Mary Pass, Dauntless, Mighty Blow, Secret Weapon - GPS- A- 70K

Reroll-50K
Apothecary-Yes.
Star Players-Human.

Background: Within the Empire, a new sport was born. Blade ball was heralded as the new, more civilized sport. Players tried to hit the blade ball either as far as possible (or to impale one of the infielders) then run around the diamond and straight for home, while the other team tried to stab the runner. The players even prayed to a different god, Mellba.

However, due to the 40% lower injury and fatality rates, the sport hasn't caught on anywhere else (outside a growing popularity in Nippon). Seeking higher paychecks, many players have become blood bowl teams.

Rational: This is my attempt to transport a Baseball team to Blood Bowl, similar to the Four Nations Roster. I couldn't think of a better name for the sport, so that is open to suggestion.

So, I gave the players skills which I thought best represents their positions. Catch on everyone represents the gloves players wear, and makes everyone a potential receiving threat. Everyone also has passing access since everyone on a baseball team is expected to throw the ball.

Home Runners are just representing the best hitters on a team, and are unwilling to give up their bats. Thus, mighty blow and dauntless represent the leverage a big stick of wood gives in a fight, but it still is a weapon, so the ref isn't impressed. Hail Mary Pass is there to show the player hitting the ball hard.
 Jump to: