35 coaches online • Server time: 14:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Roland

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2014 - 08:41 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
RNG names = 2 scotches and a brain.

or...
1,2,3,4,5... + no brain = "random" names... ;D
Rabe

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2014 - 10:11 Reply with quote Back to top

roante wrote:
@Rabe: This issue is definitely coming from an FF extension/plugin and that's probably causing some interference with other JS scripts (I don't use the functions or includes you wrote).

Here's a link about that issue from the FF support site: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/982142

Thanks, I'll look into that eventually. Smile

(Or maybe just use another browser in the rare case I want to create random names this way.)

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2014 - 10:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Roland wrote:

I don't like the orc names, I might use the first name, but not the surname (unless I'm lazy).
I like my orc names more Tolkienesque.

Agreed
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2014 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Qaz wrote:
the_Sage wrote:
I suspect that if Christer wanted us to have random names for players, we would already have them. =)

Tristan Coldfield is a random name.

It would be nice to be have the option of renaming the journeymen. They are often nowhere close to the team's theme/fluff.

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2014 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Qaz wrote:
the_Sage wrote:
I suspect that if Christer wanted us to have random names for players, we would already have them. =)

It would be nice to be have the option of renaming the journeymen. They are often nowhere close to the team's theme/fluff.

I believe you can rename them once you buy the journeyman - it then updates the match report with the new name Smile
Dan-Da-Man

Post   Posted: May 23, 2014 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Guys this has just stopped working for me Sad is it working for any one else or no how to fix it?

Post   Posted: May 23, 2014 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Hiya!

It should work, I haven't touched the code recently Smile Which browser do you use? Have you updated it recently? Which version do you use?
Dan-Da-Man

Post   Posted: May 23, 2014 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

it was working yesterday now all of a sudden not working im on chrome and what ever version is at the top of the page in the link.

Post   Posted: May 23, 2014 - 18:41
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

ButButBut, then if coaches are lazy and name their players poorly I can't have lots of fun renaming their star players... ah well, anyone useless enough to do that wouldn't bother reading the instructions.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: May 23, 2014 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, C stated pretty clearly that he wanted people to at least take their time to enter an individual name.

Anyways, if you have the time and know how to do it, I'd much appreciate a tool that allows to enter all names at once (like a sheet where you can enter multiple names).

I don't really care about writing up a name, it is just a bother to refresh the page and wait every time.
koadah

Post   Posted: May 23, 2014 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Rbthma wrote:
koadah wrote:
Qaz wrote:
the_Sage wrote:

I believe you can rename them once you buy the journeyman - it then updates the match report with the new name Smile

That is cool. Would be nice to be able to do it before the game though. They mess up my themes. Wink

Post   Posted: May 23, 2014 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Qaz wrote:
the_Sage wrote:

hahaha burn!!!!

Post   Posted: May 23, 2014 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, by the way: It finally worked for me! No idea why. Alas, it helped me out big times with Khemri names! Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 23, 2014 - 20:08 Reply with quote Back to top

not working at all for me now worked yesterday Sad

Post   Posted: May 23, 2014 - 23:18 Reply with quote Back to top

DICO, DICO, DICO!
Chrome guys: Time to Update!

So there was a new issue with the new Chrome version 35.something that prevented loading the script (it was introduced to prevent some XSS attacks - they are sort of nasty stuff that operates with externally hosted script that try to access data on a different site, and heck, that's what we're doing here, it's just a false-positive Smile). Other browsers are unaffected.

I made a workaround that seems fine enough, but all the of you who have problems running the magic with Chrome have to:

That should fix the issue. I've just tested it with all the browsers I had and they were working with the updated button so should work for most of you.

In case of error, drop here a note.
 Jump to: