63 coaches online • Server time: 00:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Cindy is back?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Murker wrote:

Men.. if we do not honor our heros, we eventually stop having heros. In honor of Rok Hedsmasha, without +ST or +AG, he has played well over 200 games in humanity's most dangerous venue, and is a true hero. He deserves his own FUMBBL playing card. And portrait. Gratz RH. Go Sons!

Wow, awesome stuff. Thank you sir, you've made him look fantastic. Very Happy

The man himself will probably just see it as another bullseye on him - yet another reason for the sharks to come hunting him. But of course after so many games, seeing what he's seen, you'll forgive him his "issues".
ulvardar234

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2014 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Murker wrote:

Men.. if we do not honor our heros, we eventually stop having heros. In honor of Rok Hedsmasha, without +ST or +AG, he has played well over 200 games in humanity's most dangerous venue, and is a true hero. He deserves his own FUMBBL playing card. And portrait. Gratz RH. Go Sons!

Man.... you made me jealous Smile

If the great Hedsmasha deserves his own portrait and playing card, Aranessa will go for hers too. It's just a mere 100 more games or so... Razz

Fantastic job, The_Murker. Nice way to honour a true hero.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2014 - 06:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello, after a very long absence from tabletop games (bar two today and a couple two years ago) I will be making a (short) return by going straight into the Powtown tournament next weekend in Calgary. About 20 coaches, and it is swiss style with 6 matches over 2 days. I'm looking forward to it.

The only models I have with me is..Humans! I could borrow another team like Skaven but maybe I should stick to mainly my own models even if I may get outrun etc.
The tournament is set with 1,100,000 GP available. We can use stars but there must be 11 normal players in the side first.
For extra skills we get 6 normals or 4 normals and 1 double (max of 2 of any particular extra skill on the team).
Then on the 2nd day we get another 2 normals or a double added. Only 1 skill max per player except you can give a 2nd on day 2. No other spp progression.

So I wondered what advice you great coaches may have. I have no Ogre model available. I do have available:
Mighty Zug, Griff Oberwald, 2 blitzers (+ will borrow 2 more), 2 throwers, 1 catcher, 6 linos.

So at the moment I am going for this lineup of 12 players:
Griff Oberwald! (320)
Blitzer with mighty blow
Blitzer with tackle
Blitzer with guard
Blitzer with dodge
Thrower with leader.
1 lino with wrestle??
5 standard linos.

+ 1 RR (not including leader)

2nd day I guess add piling on for 1 of the skills. Maybe block or dodge or even diving tackle, kick or DP.

Griff of course has loner and is expensive. But extremely useful with his s4,a4 etc. I think Mighty Zug isn't quite worth his price as he can be avoided.
ulvardar234

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2014 - 00:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Mmmm... just 1 RR??

My advice would be:

1.- Get an ogre. No discussion. Get an ogre now! Stop reading this, get out and find your ogre. Then use the double skill to give him block.

2.- Stop discussing and fulfill step 1.

3.- Griff.... i would use Zara instead. Less expensive, blodge, dauntless and lovely skills if you play undead or necromantic. And the cash difference would let you buy a RR, probably.

4.- Piling on is not worth the effort on tourneys. You will put a worthy player on the ground, and any zombie around will foul you to death (our preferred tactic for those chaos guys, hehe).

Good luck in the tourney. Now get out and look for that ogre Evil or Very Mad !
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2014 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Use the Mighty Zug as your ogre maybe? Kick instead of Wrestle?

Join the Human League Premiership!
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2014 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I was thinking of taking Griff for his value both as ball carrier (m7,a4) and some defensive sweeper or blitz duties.

Kick may be a good shout for first day skill.
DonnyRainboe

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2014 - 04:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Just finished my last scouting report for the Clansman '14. I'll formally write it up later.

Of the top of my head the highlights where as follows;

#VLC4LIFE #FROOMING Our place on the corner of Johnston Av is still owned by the same guy who is currently in Pakistan.

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2014 - 04:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Erm
#lunatic

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2014 - 07:49 Reply with quote Back to top

My two cents:

Helmut Wolf
Ogre + block
4xblitzers + mb, tackle, guard
Passer + block
5xlino
Catcher
2xRR

With this set up you have lots of options imo. You can score fast with catcher, lots of built in RR on players. Block Ogre + chainsaw will make oppo less keen on stalling and you with pomb day two, block Ogre and chainsaw fouler you will have fun and must be respected = limits oppos style. This plus passer, catcher and 13 player rooster or swap 1 lino for RR makes me wanna play tourney, could be a blast Smile
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2014 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, this looks a bit better, (though rookie catcher stinks). But lacking the models for Ogre with me and especially Chainsaw I will wing it the other way. Smile