36 coaches online • Server time: 11:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2014 - 22:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Deep in the heart of the Empire, in some backwoods village, it is a festive atmosphere. The legends of the SMACK have shown up for a one day throw down on the grid iron. Then the next day they move on to another back water spot in the empire and get set to lay into each other for the fans delight.

Legends of the Smack is a Ranked Meta Group.

Its purpose is to give an honest attempt at bringing back the SMACK insta tournament to the Ranked scene.

How it will accomplish this is teams will join the meta group. Thus coaches will express intrest in joining in some Insta-SMACK action. That will enable the LoS to be able to send out PM's to coaches who are interested in this goal.

Then the LoS Meta group will have 2 or 3 tournaments each month that they will put some intense PM and Forum exposure for a set date and time to hit the IRC FUMBBL minors channel to round up some SMACK action.

Furthermore the LoS will attempt to round up SMACKs for the Euro prime time and also the North American prime time.

We will have a scoring system and so forth so we can crown the victor of the LoS series of events. All the laurels of victory will be thrown at them and they will be hailed as champions.

But there is another goal of the LoS meta group.

Bring some exposure to the Insta SMACK. It was one thing to talk about how great the SMACK is, how it was great in by gone days. BUT there are so many new coaches hanging around they have no clue what da heck it really is. All they here is talk from some old grey beards who have been on FUMBBL way to long.

IF the goal of the LoS meta group works out. Then one day some new coaches on FUMBBL look up the current game section and see 8 SMACK matches all going on at the same time. Now they actual see what a SMACK looks like. That in turn might enlighten them on what a Insta-Smack is all about. Then next thing you know they join the LoS meta group. Get in on the PM chain for the next event and in theory it might snow ball. Or, heck, if we can dream...maybe coaches take the initiative and round some SMACK action up on their own.

But the LoS meta group will take baby steps first. Iam setting up the LoS league page so you guys can apply as many Ranked teams as you want to the group. Only one is really required to get in on the LoS PM chain for the next events planned.

Once we get some coaches then we will arrange the first round of LoS series of events. Promote it and see what happens. It could fall flat on its face or maybe the start of something.

So, for all you eager beavers out there apply your ranked team here >>>>>>>>>>> Legends of the SMACK Group page.

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2014 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I have no idea what this is but if it gets me more games im in Very Happy
Making new team now Wink

PS: Can our teams play ranked games outside of the Group? i.e while it is still being set-up and/or there are no tour's taking place..

And are there any TV limit/restrictions?
Rabe

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2014 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Great idea! I hope it works out.

Should I apply when I'm theoretically available for a SMACK once a year or rather stay out to let the number of group members be closer to the number of coaches available in reality?

I read the forums and blogs frequently enough to not miss an announcement by the LoS...

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2014 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

deyempe wrote:
I have no idea what this is but if it gets me more games im in Very Happy
Making new team now Wink

PS: Can our teams play ranked games outside of the Group? i.e while it is still being set-up and/or there are no tour's taking place..

And are there any TV limit/restrictions?

This is a ranked meta group...what in da heck does that mean?

Well, any team in the Ranked Div can join this group.

Join the group does not effect your team(s) in any way. They can play how ever they want.

The purpose of this group is to promote SMACKs thus any event involving the Legends of the SMACK will be involved in rounding up insta Smack action.

So, only ranked teams can be in SMACKS and this meta group will keep track of the Legend of the SMACK events and will keep scoring for all the teams involved in specific SMACK tournaments.

This is diffrent from League action. LoS will not have its own tournaments. It will use the SMACK tournament function in the Ranked Div to play its tournaments. Obviously you do not have to be in the LoS meta group to play in a SMACK.

legends of the SMACK is an attempt to revive the SMACK scene. Maybe with some LoS exposure out there this goal can be accomplished.

Last edited by PainState on Jun 08, 2014 - 22:56; edited 2 times in total
PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2014 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
Great idea! I hope it works out.

Should I apply when I'm theoretically available for a SMACK once a year or rather stay out to let the number of group members be closer to the number of coaches available in reality?

I read the forums and blogs frequently enough to not miss an announcement by the LoS...

Apply atleast one of your Ranked teams to the meta group. That way you can stay informed of the LoS series of events through the PM chain of events that are upcoming.

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2014 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

To complicated for my tiny brain.. I will give this a wait-and-see..
PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2014 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I have just realized something that, I, as a FUMBBL grey beard take for granted. A lot of coaches do not even know what a Ranked or Box meta group really is.

So for all you new coaches out there...you are about to take a journey into FUMBBL past by joining the Legends of the SMACK meta group.

I have a feeling this is going to be a old school journey for some of you.

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2014 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

It's about this mini-tournaments, deyempe. You play your team(s) as usual, but once people are getting together and try to start one of those SMACKs, you will immediately be notified. You don't need a rookie team. An at least slightly developed teams probably has the better chances.

@PainState: Will apply multiple teams then. No need to hold back if it doesn't make a difference for you guys. Wink

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2014 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

deyempe wrote:
To complicated for my tiny brain.. I will give this a wait-and-see..

I will lay this out in a process order for you.

1)You apply any Ranked team to the LoS group.

2)You will reveive updates and fluff and a lot of cool stuff from me.

3)Inside that PM you will see a message like this.

"The Bogenhoffen SMACK is going to round up on Wed at 22:00. Show up at the FUMBBL minor IRC channel at 21:00 BB time to get in line. We will round up a Legend and a Rookie Smack for the Bogenhoffen LoS series."

4)So, you show up in the IRC. One of FUMBBls nice and friendly Admins will be present. He will sort you lot out and then get a insta SMACK set up.

5)He will hit the go button and the Bogenhoffen SMACK is underway.

6)You will play up to 3 gripping ranked matches, 2 of the matches in back to back fashion.

7)Once it is over. Scores will be tabulated and updated for the LoS meta group.

8)You move along with a warm fuzzy in your belly that you just experienced a really cool event on FUMBBL know as a SMACK.

9)You start chomping at the bit for more. Send me endless PM's wondering when the next LoS insta Smack will be formed up. What town will it take place in, who are the sponsors...I NEED MORE SMACK.

10)As you can see...very easy and rewarding.

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2014 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Get Christer to allow Box teams in and I'll give it a look.

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2014 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Get Christer to allow Box teams in and I'll give it a look.

Why do I have to do all the work? Surprised

You go to Christer and convince him that SMACK should be a joint Ranked Box thing.

Then you can join the Legends of Smack in the first ever combined Box/Ranked meta group.

Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2014 - 00:27 Reply with quote Back to top

@Rabe: Cheers for the link

@Painstate: Cheers for the info

I got way to many bookmarks as is - so I thought it'd be cool to add the banner images with links to leagues on my about page, for future referances ect

edit: better still.. we have notes!
 Jump to: