62 coaches online • Server time: 19:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Macabeo

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2014 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Old strong arm would mean big guys could ttm long passes, thats the main reason i would like it's return.

As I thought... but why would you like to buff TTM?? TTM is like CPOMB and natural one-turners in that it takes little skill to pull and against which the opponent can do very little. The reason why TTM is awesome and the other two not is because the odds of TTM just feel right. Scoring a TD with TTM is possible, but it is still quite unlikely, and the old Strong Arm would be a huuuge boost to those odds. If you want to buff stunties, there are better ways of doing it.
knightsweats

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2014 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

How about making use of Tackle skill optional when using Frenzeh?
Sometimes you want to surf that little dodger, or even just move him out the way a little, but currently you're forced to drag him down.
Think it would make more sense if it was optional, like Fend
fidius

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2014 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

In general these are good thoughts but I think there are more elegant ways of achieving the various goals. Also I think the way forward is to dumb the good skills down rather than to make the bad ones good/fusing, as the more fusing you do, the fewer skills you have to choose from.

Wreckage wrote:
old Strong Arm
add another layer on the pass-o-meter and make it do actually improve range for everything (stunties, bombs, long-bombs)

How about keeping the same pass-o-meter but saying you no longer have to hit the centre of the target square, you just have to tag an edge with the range line. Extends all ranges by half a square. Would this be worth taking? Maybe keep the +1 as well?

Wreckage wrote:
Accurate
+1 on passes, +1 on catching an accurate pass for target player

I prefer a +1 to catch on a modified 6 throw. So Accurate would give a +1 to catch if the passer rolls a 5 or 6; A+SA would be 4+.

Wreckage wrote:
pass block & VLL
fused

Better to fuse Pass Block and Kick Off Return I think.

Wreckage wrote:
Fend
Defender decides whether attacker follows up or not

Too powerful, but there should be a "Goad" skill. Juggernaut shouldn't cancel Fend.

Wreckage wrote:
Claws
Reduces armor by -2 but no further than av7.

Just give Treemen and Deathrollers immunity to Claw.

Wreckage wrote:
stunties
stunties gain general access

Fix dodge/tackle and stunty problems will go away.
dode74

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2014 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

knightsweats wrote:
How about making use of Tackle skill optional when using Frenzeh?
Sometimes you want to surf that little dodger, or even just move him out the way a little, but currently you're forced to drag him down.
Think it would make more sense if it was optional, like Fend
Tackle is optional. All skills are optional unless stated otherwise (basically). Thing is, the dodger might not want to be surfed and could choose not to use dodge if you choose not to use tackle.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2014 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Macabeo wrote:
Garion wrote:
Old strong arm would mean big guys could ttm long passes, thats the main reason i would like it's return.

As I thought... but why would you like to buff TTM?? TTM is like CPOMB and natural one-turners in that it takes little skill to pull and against which the opponent can do very little. The reason why TTM is awesome and the other two not is because the odds of TTM just feel right. Scoring a TD with TTM is possible, but it is still quite unlikely, and the old Strong Arm would be a huuuge boost to those odds. If you want to buff stunties, there are better ways of doing it.

It is buffing only one team ever so slightly. Only Halflings would gain any benefit from this, any other team would be really daft to waste TV taking strong arm. Also it would mean treemen would need a 3+ on that long pass, which would make it slightly more risky anyway, the short pass would still be the most frequently used as it is a 2+.

Also keep in mind in lrb4 you used to be able to throw flings long passes and it never caused any issues.