53 coaches online • Server time: 17:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ecsjhart

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2003 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I have just played a game, in which I got confused and forgot that my 1 remaining movement on a player was a GFI move. The player consequently moved and tripped and Linke scored Sad

It then occured to me that there were 3 of simple ways to avoid this stupid mistake. Idea

1) Think more carefully when playing Laughing

2) Make the movement points remaining number a different colour if they are GFI moves (maybe Blue rather than Red)

3) Make the coach relect GFI each time he moves an extra square (This was actually Linke's idea, not mine)
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2003 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

#2's good, but I'd prefer not to put a superfluous layer of interface into something so straightforward.

Usually, if you're using a GFI it's because you really need it and will likely remember that. Usually...

ps. Is 'a superfluous layer of interface' the best BS phrase for a single mouse-click ever, or what? I've gotta cut back on the freelance before this stuff gets stuck in my head.

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2003 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

*Usually* you do remember, yes. *Sometimes* you don't. IRL on a board, you would *never* forget (and your opponent wouldn't let you forget!), so maybe a simple system to virtually eliminate those few times would be helpful.
As it was the outcome of the match was that I lost 3-2. If i'd scored and the opponent hadn't, the end score might well have been a 3-2 win! So a silly mistake completely altered the game, and has probably affected other matches in a similar way..... anyone want to help me out here? Have you had similar experiences?? Question
 Jump to: