47 coaches online • Server time: 17:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Favalessa

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2014 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

maybe you will play faster after that ??
if yes do it immediately please....
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2014 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/p/matches?c=Favalessa&coach2=MattDakka
Laughing
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2014 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Winning by playing so slowly that your opponent stops paying attention isn't a mark of skill...

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2014 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
Winning by playing so slowly that your opponent stops paying attention isn't a mark of skill...

42 % speaking!
Btw Endzone, the #1 coach is way slower than me and nobody would say he's not skilled.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %26, %2014 - %18:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
Favalessa

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2014 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

TOP 25

https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=600744#600744

where are you champion ?
i can't find you....
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2014 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Learn your place.
Favalessa

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2014 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

last time you spent 30 second everytime to choose if follow or not after a block in a blackbox match worthing nothing.... probably my most annoying match ever....
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2014 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
Remember that in the new client markings for you team should be remembered from one match to the next, already this is a big improvement for many of us.

This is excellent. Does anyone have methods for stat up players? Just adding 94 for example for a catcher with move and ag increase?
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2014 - 19:59 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
licker wrote:
Remember that in the new client markings for you team should be remembered from one match to the next, already this is a big improvement for many of us.

This is excellent. Does anyone have methods for stat up players? Just adding 94 for example for a catcher with move and ag increase?

I put MA and ST at the beginning, AG at the end.

So a Human catcher with Block, SS, 9MA, and 4 AG would be:
9Bs4

I've just developed a system that works for me using symbols for skill combos, and it doesn't take up a lot of space.

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2014 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

If you would be so kind as to be nice to each other, or not engage at all. Pls, thx.

I, like many, have a system I like. Occasionally I run out of room. I don't consider it a big deal either way, but perhaps an option to shade the square a Guard player is in green would make the client even more user friendly. It would be a pain with the massive, annoying logos, mind.

Certainly one of the bottom things on the list of things to do, I should think.
Smeat

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2014 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Sure, too bad that things get a bit tricky when you are facing players with 5/6 skills each and you have not enough space to mark all the skills, hence the ring would be useful as additional marker.

Or if they're standing behind a Big Guy and you simply can't see the label.

I think this is a great idea. Diff colored rings (even if just 1-2 max) could be more easily ID'd on the field than the most careful labels. (And I'd think(?) that if you can do 1 color, you could do a half dozen?)

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2014 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:

I, like many, have a system I like. Occasionally I run out of room.

Exactly my trouble, it doesn't happen regularly, but in high TV matches.
Purplegoo wrote:

but perhaps an option to shade the square a Guard player is in green would make the client even more user friendly. It would be a pain with the massive, annoying logos, mind.

A shade could be confusing, maybe, especially considering the on-pitch weather effects.
In my idea I thought of a coloured circle around the player, a circle seen just by me, not my opponent, so it wouldn't annoy him, just like my opponent doesn't see my personal markings on players.
Logos can be switched off so no risk of confusion.
Endzone

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2014 - 21:10 Reply with quote Back to top

First thought: Rubbish idea - hate it - functionality all ready their with player markings.

I drink a few glasses of wine (No cider in the house).

Second thought: Absolutely love it! Takes me back to edition 2 days with those blue plastic humans and red plastic orcs; the coloured rings on their bases meant everything!

Ofc I'd just go red for blitzers, yellow for catchers, white for throwers, green for blockers and grey for linemen and used markings for skills, but still. Smile
Jeffro

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2014 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:

In my idea I thought of a coloured circle around the player, a circle seen just by me, not my opponent, so it wouldn't annoy him, just like my opponent doesn't see my personal markings on players.
Logos can be switched off so no risk of confusion.

It's not that your suggestion is a bad one, it's just the tone that you portray that a deficiency in the client made you screw up in your game is a transference of blame. Other people suggested other ways you can easily get around the issue within the current version of the client. But you have blinders on, thinking your idea is already top notch.

Furthermore, writing code... even "simple" code that doesn't cause further bugs... is much more difficult and time consuming than most people think.

So suck it up.

;D
 Jump to: