62 coaches online • Server time: 22:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SoldierofBodom95

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 00:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello all!

I have been browsing the forums and just noticed an "Adoption" thread (https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=25129)

Now, rather than copy this thread I was hoping that some of the more creative of you might be interested in "sponsoring" players for my Norse team. Just a bit of fluff about the player in hand (you can choose from the roster) and a suitable image to go with it.

If someone so chooses then they can feel free to write up a fluff-story for the team as a whole. Smile

The Team: https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=777023

What do you guys think?
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 01:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice idea (and welocme to fumbbl) but normally people get to choose the player names from the start. Also I would highly recommend you retire your -st players, and possibly even -av as their TV does not decrease but they are very bad. So you have these s2 guys that get picked apart.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 01:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm just saving for a new berserker at the moment then the -ST berserker will be replace and linemen too
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 01:16 Reply with quote Back to top

SoldierofBodom95 wrote:
I'm just saving for a new berserker at the moment then the -ST berserker will be replace and linemen too

Yes, but, you can also retire both of them & have journeymen w/ st3 replacing them until you save up.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 01:22 Reply with quote Back to top

SoldierofBodom95 wrote:

No, lose them, all 3, now (or asap). Norse do just fine with 3(+) j-men on the defensive LoS, and/or as dedicated markers/assisters/foulers, and your team will do better while you "save up".

Those gimps are a liability, actually worse on your team than a journeyman lino. The 'zerk adds +40k TV that he just isn't earning. The -AV will be Stunned (or worse) on the majority of the times (~58%) he's knocked down, so he'll be out of the game more than he's in it. And the -St lino is simply inferior to a j-man.

The last thing you want is for one of them to steal an MVP, and meanwhile they are not going to hold their own.

(btw - the Thrower? Maybe a mistake, or maybe so this early in team development - read comments here: https://fumbbl.com/help:LRB6NorseSetUp )

GL!

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
SoldierofBodom95

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 01:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a thing for throwers. I prefer the option of being able to get a ball out of a cage before all hell breaks loose to a runner in space somewhere
paradocks

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 03:39 Reply with quote Back to top

An idea for the fluff: the players are sworn by a blood oath to play until their grizzly death on the blood bowl pitch, for a player to retire would bring eternal shame on his ancestors
 Jump to: