43 coaches online • Server time: 18:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
licker

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2014 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe...

Not to steal your thunder Rabe, but I made a blog about it, figured I'd put it in the forums too as blogs tend to get lost after a while.

link to blog: https://www.fumbbl.com/p/blog&c=licker&id=15526

link to registration for MMDoC:
https://signup.duelofchampions.com/portal/index/DOC_world_02_0010_06_200_12_0614_00?refId=NJ4LYH

Tis different than Hearthstone, more 'advanced'. The debates between the two games in the UBI forums have raged a bit, but mostly it comes down to what kind of play style you want for your CCG.

In my opinion MMDoC is the best card game I've come across in a long time. Hearthstone is nothing more than a time waster, though a fun one, but ultimately, if you want more depth, MMDoC has it.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2014 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds interesting, I'll certainly take a look at it eventually. Thanks!

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2014 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Been toying with it a bit thx for sharing Smile

SL
licker

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2014 - 01:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Hope you enjoy it.

Add me as a friend in game, I sent the request, that way we can spec each other and chat more easily.

Also, might be worth posting a list of fumbblers in game so that we can all friend each other, there is an achievement for 50 friends after all Smile

The list as I see it so far...

licker34
abemor
thecynicalyank
lauth81
traul_lobmba
severdunit99
original_lemf
svensvensven3
happygrue
guest-20lwqorz
colony_drop
banaan1983

don't know who all of them are fumbblers, but some are obvious enough i suppose Smile

I'll also point out that if we get at least 8 we can set up our own tournies, though I don't know if there is a lvl requirement to access tournies. If there is it's pretty low I think.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2014 - 09:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Downloaded it, checked the site... I wonder if it's worth (in fun and competition terms) playing totally casual though. I'll still give it a try and let you know if (or once) I got hooked. Wink

(I just got my wife to playing Hearthstone and I'm pretty happy it's something we share. I have my doubt she'll like MMDoC.)

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2014 - 12:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, MMDoC can be played casually, but the learning curve is different I think. Hearthstone is a fine one too, just a bit on the lighter side I think.

Everyone should enjoy whatever they enjoy!

Smile
the.tok

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2014 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Started playing this game after seing this post. Liking it a lot so far.
I still like MtG better, but as I was just in a MtG break, it is fresh and very fun card game for now Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2014 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I tried it out and found it pretty much as you described. Very promising. Right now it seems a bit too complex for me though. For complex (online) gaming I have FUMBBL, for quick, fun and light-weighted games Hearthstone. I'll probably get back to MMDoC eventually (was tempted a few times over the last week). Might even create an account soon, if only to support you with getting that achievement. Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2014 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I see you around here and there tok, glad you enjoy it. It's not MtG, but it's more similar than Hearthstone is I think.

Check my blog for a freebie code!
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2014 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Downloaded... Linked to Licker34, hope this helps you reach 50 friends at the very least Smile

(I am Dalfort there too... I still have no imagination!)

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2014 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks man, I was half hoping some of the other active FUMBBLers would get their links up and get some pupils, but the free stuff the mentor gets doesn't amount to much, it's really the bonus for the new player in starting with all the starter decks (+1 for what you pick) that means there's no reason not to join from someones link.
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2014 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

not been able to play as yet, last night it crashed whilst I was trying to do FUMBBL stuff that had priority... currently on my laptop so will try again later, it is quite possible though that my machine will not run it (ie the crash) because I got the PC from Adam when Eve said she was converting the "study"...

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2014 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I have even less time to play BB because of you Sad
I never tried hearthstone tbh, but I've always been a M&M fanboy so I could only be hooked Smile

You give me that just when I was about to finish clearing FTL !

Azylius42 has been converted to this too though he's not been on fumbbl for quite some time now...

Anyway, will try to get a decent necro deck running, but the starting cards are so bad! ^^

Do you have any pointers on the type of packs to take? I just pick the extension randomly for now Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2014 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

My suggestion is to take something like 3:1 or 4:1 BS2:HoN until you feel you have the base cards you want for your preferred faction(s). Those ratios can change if you really get lucky with one or the other.

GB is great for Haven and Sanc, but those are still 2 weaker factions unless you have a lot of rare/epics anyway.

GB is ok for Stronghold and Necro, Necro more if you want to play the token decks, but I wouldn't recommend those as you would need a lot of GB packs probably.

Inferno gets good stuff everywhere, Inferno is lamesause Wink

Academy has really good stuff in HoN, but the Cloudshaper is epic, so hard to come by, I don't care for the construct decks myself, but if those are your cuppa tea then you do need GB for academy.

If you really prefer Necro I'd just stick with BS2 and HoN (arch liches and boneyards, as well as the slew of dark magic spells), though a few GB are nice if you can get the Spider Vampire dudes, they are commons, and pretty sick in my opinion, but not required for good Necro decks.
the.tok

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2014 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the pointers !

I already run the spider vampires (which are pretty sick for a common I agree Very Happy ) as well as one boneyard. How I would like to have several more ! With the tomb guardian guy, I see great combo material there Smile

I would like to get a good high cost creature though. I've got a few "unearth" type fortunes (like the one where you take one creature from your graveyard and put it on the BF, and then look for all copies in your library), but lack a big creature that would make it worth. For now the best I have is lamassus Sad