21 coaches online • Server time: 07:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
T3mpano

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2014 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi there,

First post "ebah" but I'd like to tap into your knowledge.

- Lineman with AG5 (no other skills), got a regular roll...would you take block? Dodge seems a bit of a waste...

- Treeman with doubles: +1AV, +1MA or a huge list of skills...where I see block as pretty tempting.

Thanks for sharing your ideas Smile
Suppurax

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2014 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, dodge on the AG5 lineman seems better than you think, a 1 happens so quick...

for the treeman, +1MA without doubt! He won't need a 4+ to stand up anymore! Smile
Kill-Kill

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2014 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Block > +MA. Absolutely take the movement on a 6,4 though.

But you made up the reasons to fight
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2014 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Dodge for Elf, JU for Tree.

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2014 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, that was fast input, thanks buddies!

The Jump Up for the Treeman sounds likea better idea than block Smile

As for the AG5 lineman...I guess I should go the dodge,block,and then maybe pass block...
Harad

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2014 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Worry about that if he gets that far Smile my linemen average 8 games of life expectancy. But if he does, pass block is niche. Tackle or sidestep is more practical.

I will because somebody else will otherwise...unless you really enjoy the challenge or the role play aspect of keeping guys with injuries, fire them. I appreciate the treasury is low right now but consider making this a priority.

The new guys will skill up quickly and the TR ensures that not having the player doesn't hurt. But having an AG3 wardancer is going to really hold you back.

You might tolerate AV6 if they are an awesome player, but for a lineman with just block and tackle let them go.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2014 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Dodge is great with AG5. Because he's better at it, you use him for it more, so he gets more value off his RRs.

I'd take block on the tree, but I'd consider MA. I wouldn't give jumpup with MA as an option. Once he has MA3, he doesn't NEED jump up anymore.

For the AG5, I'd either give dodge, block, leap, sure hands or dodge, wrestle, leap, tackle.
Kryten

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2014 - 22:03
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

For an AG5 lino, dodge is the safe choice. My preference is Leap, but that requires more risk management to pay off. Don't bother getting pass block, the safe path is dodge, block, leap, coffin.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2014 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Kryten wrote:
For an AG5 lino, dodge is the safe choice. My preference is Leap, but that requires more risk management to pay off. Don't bother getting pass block, the safe path is dodge, block, leap, coffin.

This

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2014 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

What K said. (And probably all of it, unfortunately.)

Ag 4 and Ag 5 dodge away the same, 2+. Buty the Dodge skill adds a free RR for that, and then coupled with Ag 5 yields a 35/36 chance to roll through a TZ (or 8/9 through two) and still have a Team RR remaining for additional dodging or whatever his actual goal is. So Ag 5 + Dodge = a free pass to almost anywhere on the field, and so becomes a huge threat to any oppo (except Tackle spammers etc.).

Dodge is also a core "survival" skill - he shouldn't (often) be cuddling up close where he can block and be blocked, not until he's a blodger.

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2014 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

MA3 Tree is gold, better than Jump Up. Jimmy is *gasp* wrong! Wink (I think it's also better than Block.)
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2014 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Verminardo wrote:
MA3 Tree is gold, better than Jump Up. Jimmy is *gasp* wrong! Wink (I think it's also better than Block.)

+1

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
Smeat

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2014 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure about that, V.

Jump up is a guaranteed "stand up", and then can still move their full MA (so that's +2 MA further than MA 3 if he's down). And it's a 50/50% to stand and Block if it's really needed (4+ with Ag 1).

I suppose if he isn't down and needs to chase someone MA 3 is that much better, but trees usually accept that they're never going to be far from where they start.

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
licker

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2014 - 00:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, but how often is a tree really down?

I'd take block anyway, makes it even less likely for the tree to fall down. The real enemy is take root, not standing up.

This is probably different for halfers who might need to throw someone now and again, but for WE that's not a consideration.

Still MA over JU is pretty obvious as far as overall utility for the tree is concerned.
Tauro

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2014 - 02:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Dodge for the lineman, block for the treeman
 Jump to: