41 coaches online • Server time: 00:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2014 - 02:32 Reply with quote Back to top

+MA for the tree else take Pro.

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2014 - 02:37 Reply with quote Back to top

A rooted tree goes nowhere regardless of Ma.
I would ask yourself this:
Who is knocking this tree over that requires you to need JU?

Answer: His own blocks. With St6 most players will avoid him. When he blocks it will be easy to roll a skull and both down.... or 2 both downs. Block keeps him up. With Grab as his next skill after Guard, you keep players next to him even if he is rooted.

Block is definitely the way to go on the tree.

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2014 - 02:45 Reply with quote Back to top

And definitely fire that -ag War dancer OR if you really want to keep him, use him as LOS fodder.

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2014 - 10:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, thanks for all the input! I thought 3 replies would be the most I'd get!

The lineman got dodge, as everybody suggested...and I take note of not assuming he'll live to get 2 more skills lol...but next is block...or maybe wrestle if I can.

As for the treeman...I went with jump up. I was really torn with block, but that 4+ roll is a pain to stand up...plus if I saw it correctly, it allows to block (instead of blitz), which is really useful.

As for injured players management, I haven't played BB for like a decade and I seemed to remeber that retired players added to assistants...but someone let me know yesterday that it wasn't like that.

The AG3 WD breaks my heart (specially with 2 skills), but chances are he'll be in the front line in every chance, hence toying with death hehe.

The AV6 lineman, block and tackle...its sad to have to let go a 2 skill lineman, but he's also in the front line for the rest of his short? career.

Thanks again for all the input and see you in the pitches Smile
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2014 - 10:25 Reply with quote Back to top

leap for the tree, SS for the lineelf

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2014 - 11:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I think Jump Up is the worst of the three choices. I'd go block in this case but +mv is also good.
If you still haven't played a game with them you can request a skill change
http://fumbbl.com/help:SkillProblems

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2014 - 11:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Consider wrestle over block on the ag5 dodger. With 2 dancers the opponent may do an expanded cage, and ag5 wrestle, tackle, strip ball can move and sack in 2 tackle zones rather easily.
In case you take block, then use him as a retriever, and take probably sure hands at some point, may even the right choice before block.

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2014 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

cdassak wrote:
I think Jump Up is the worst of the three choices. I'd go block in this case but +mv is also good.

Too late Sad

And to add insult to the injury, with JU he still has to roll 4+ to get up...definitely not the best option to take.

For the AG5 lineman, wrestle is looking good for the next upgrade Smile
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2014 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

He should be able to stand up normally, and even move 2 squares, but in order to block he needs to roll 4+.
cdassak

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2014 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, you probably confuse it with blocking when prone...

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2014 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

... and that's why I think JU < +mv, if you really want the tree to get up (usually that's the case) you can't risk the 50% for block (just like not having JU)

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2014 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, I never said I was always right!
I think it's very subjective. I've had an MA3 tree, wasn't impressed.
I remember speccing Hot 5tuff and being impressed by this tree - https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=8734742.

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2014 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, usually Jimmy is always right Razz

I think objectively JU < +mv for reasons stated above.
For the specific Tree that took JU (3rd skill) before Block maybe TV comes in the equation: at high(er) TV you will face teams with the weapons to bring the tree down often, therefore JU might be more handy than Block. Just a thought...

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2014 - 17:30 Reply with quote Back to top

T3mpano wrote:
cdassak wrote:

Too late Sad

And to add insult to the injury, with JU he still has to roll 4+ to get up...definitely not the best option to take.

As mentioned, the 4+ to stand is only when he's blocking from prone, and that's due to his AG of 1. Another reason why JU is a mixed bag on anyone with AG1 or 2, unless you are using it on low MA players who you plan on blitzing with. This could be a tree, but generally it's a CD blocker or nurgle warrior who is cpombed up, or the odd saurus when there isn't another developed saurus around.

Essentially though JU is a skill you want on players who go intentionally prone, via PO or DT. It's got much more marginal use on literally any one else.

Think about it this way. If you just limit your choice between MA3 and MA2+JU then you realize that you can use that extra MA any time you want to move the tree, and he can stand up without a roll, even if he then needs to GFI to get anywhere.

JU on the other hand, can only be used when prone, and I posit that if your tree is frequently prone (unless you took PO on it) then you're probably doing something wrong Smile

All that said, block was still the best choice Wink
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2014 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Implying that you wouldn't want PO on a tree...