40 coaches online • Server time: 13:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2014 - 09:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Exactly, you just need some common sense plus experience.

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2014 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
I think the Malal roster will be similar when I get round to it so you can use that to make your mongrel horde team really easily. Plus it will come with the benefit of recruiting players from opposing teams.

Look forward to it.

Selfy_74: Verified Stunty Leeg Master

harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2014 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

selfy_74 wrote:
You don't need to explain what you have done, Garion. What you do with your house rules is up to you. And more power to you, it's all good stuff, and a labour of love.

Further to this I would like to put forward a suggestion for the Motley Horde team:

1) Name change to Mongrel Horde
2) Normal access to mutations for all players
3) Every player starts with animosity

Bingo, classic Mongrel Horde, a team very dear to my heart.

Keep up the good work, fellas!

Teams are generally my side. And I'm already playing with the rosters I'll use for these.

I have made 2 teams.

Mongrel Horde and Motley Crew.

Mongrel Horde are a Marauder only team, but with MG/SPA access. They can hire (and maybe buy) all those weird humanoid star players from 2nd edition. It's an underpowered roster, but so was the original team. In my league they're doing pretty well though.

Motley Crew are similar in that they are a Marauder only team with MG/PAS access. Except on doubles they get to roll on the 2nd edition mutation table. This means that they can gain a lot of stats that way. Players 'should' become very diverse. The only problem is that in 10 or so games, I've yet to roll a double with them, so they're struggling a bit. However if the rolls go their way, they could have a boom.

Both are fun rosters, I can't wait for the Motley Crew to take off.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2014 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, good point HM, Secret League is mine and secret league classic (the one with famous teams) is harvestmouse' baby though obviously we have been talking about both with each other. But if you want a specific team that's HM you want to speak to. If you have a racial roster query I'm your man.

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2014 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Do you guys know of anywhere that details how to set-up a stand alone client? I'd really like to give some of these rosters a spin.

Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2014 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/help:FFBHelp read the bit about test mode. Then work out which rosters you want to use. Then make 2 all marauder pact teams with the right number of rrs players and apo of the roster you would like to use. After the game is set up in test mode you need to change all the players stats and skills to match the players you want. Then I ctrl and click on a player so I can note what type of player that marauder is, typing 'daemonette' on them for example.

The other way is to download the botocs client and create the teams using the template that comes with the client though that will take even longer.

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2014 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

You can do it on dirty Cyanide.

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2014 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Boooo :p

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2014 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Well there's no reason SL can't have a mutant's/Mongrel Horde esque roster too. I work equally on both SL and SLC and don't really favour one over the other. It's just that Garion gave me SLC to lead with after the whole thing took off. The point is that there WILL be both of those rosters in SLC. It's all about time however, this is a life long project that I'll most likely never finish. As you expressed an interest though, I'll see if I can get some stuff up for them.

As for a standalone client, very easy to use Botocs or javabowl. I've totally gone back to the lrb 4 client now (even slann which is a bit of a pain). Most of the cool things of CRP are out of game anyway (bar the skills) so easy to make a hybrid.

The biggest problem with these 2 clients is that they do not work with the most modern java. So now I have a computer with java 5 specifically to play javabowl on.

100s of fields, 1000s of icons, dozens of custom rosters.....I'm playing BB how I want to and play here if I want a real life opponent for a change.

Anybody who wants a quick spin (using the old client), I can probably toss you what you need for a one off game very easily.
selfy_74

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2014 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Hold on guys, I'm having trouble grasping all this. How and where do you play the Secret League?

Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2014 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

its not possible at the moment, but you can set up a game in test mode as instructed above and manually change all your players stats and skills so they are the same as the team you want to try out. Alternately you can download an old Java bowl client called Botocs and use the rosters there.

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2014 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Or you can play with a board and miniatures, of course...

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2014 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, thanks everyone. I'll give those suggestions a try.

harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2014 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Stand alone clients allow a lot of customisation. The big drawback is the java. However if you want to use the rosters and have somebody in your house to play (or like playing with yourself) it's a lot of fun. I can give you advice if you (or anybody) wants to go down that route.

Board is also a good alternative. It's easier with the special rules!
selfy_74

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2014 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Right, so I can't play against anyone else online no?

Jump to: