39 coaches online • Server time: 10:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
duruk

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2014 - 21:56 Reply with quote Back to top

thank you all people.. have gone with the AG.. and also thanks to Azure's and licker's comments, I'm not feeling like a complete idiot for asking this Smile
looking forward to see you guys in the box (and hopefully make you regret you brought some sense into me) Twisted Evil
Smeat

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2014 - 00:45 Reply with quote Back to top

duruk wrote:
also thanks to Azure's and licker's comments, I'm not feeling like a complete idiot for asking this Smile

It's not whether or not it was a stupid question, the mistake was asking "us". Wink

GL w/ team!

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
licker

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2014 - 00:46 Reply with quote Back to top

There are no stupid questions, there are only stupid people.
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2014 - 07:36 Reply with quote Back to top

If you want to make better use of his abilities as a thrower, your best bet would be to build some goblins to receive. While Animosity is a problem, at worst your going to have your thrower retain the ball. Having a stunty receiver with Two Heads/Extra Arms/Catch will allow you to score from a lot of what would be hopeless situations.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2014 - 08:58 Reply with quote Back to top

notbobby125 wrote:
If you want to make better use of his abilities as a thrower, your best bet would be to build some goblins to receive. While Animosity is a problem, at worst your going to have your thrower retain the ball. Having a stunty receiver with Two Heads/Extra Arms/Catch will allow you to score from a lot of what would be hopeless situations.

So if I get this right, your reason to do this with a goblin is access to the catch skill?
Sir_Marcus

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2014 - 09:23 Reply with quote Back to top

And the stunty skill maybe?
licker

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2014 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

the_Sage wrote:
notbobby125 wrote:

So if I get this right, your reason to do this with a goblin is access to the catch skill?

Yeah, a troll needs a double to take catch.
Smeat

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2014 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

notbobby125 wrote:
If you want to make better use of his abilities as a thrower...

Then you're heading down a tough road, and one that Underworld is really not designed for. They can do it, but it's going against the grain.

It's lose/lose - a gobbo can get Catch but has Animosity, so a flat 1/6 to fail before you start. A skaven lino avoids Animosity, but needs doubles for Catch and starts with no Dodge, which is another doubles.

The Underworld "air game" should be a desperation play, not a game plan. And before you optimize "desperation plays", there's pro'ly something better to spend your skills on.

But "fun" is where you find it, so ymmv. GL!

licker

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2014 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

The underworld air game involves trolls, I'm not sure why you're talking about linemen and gobbos.
Smeat

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2014 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Only b/c the OP was talking about a Thrower, not a troll - not b/c I disagree with you. Your point just underlines my own.

Jump to: