74 coaches online • Server time: 20:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SoldierofBodom95

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2014 - 10:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello guys. My current [R] Skaven team ( https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=777483 ) are currently suffering from a variety of injuries and I'm not quite sure what to do. A GR is niggled along with a lineman whilst a blitzer and another lino are -MA. With the Blitzer I'm not sure whether to just retire him and start with a new one and same for the GR. I did try investing in a thrower rather than doubling up a GR as thrower but alas, he was squished. So, I would like so guidance if I haven't strayed too far from the path of common knowledge please Smile
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2014 - 12:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Always fire niggles except in special circumstances, so fire both and replace the gutter.

-ma lino is just fine, the blitzer you should look to replace when you got the money but keep him until then. If you find that you don't mind his -ma too much just keep him around until he gets more injuries.

Btw get the 4th gutter if you can before doing anything about the blitzer.

Block+sidestep is a great combo but consider som wrestle, stripball, tackle too.

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
SoldierofBodom95

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2014 - 13:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I was thinking about a fourth GR and third skilling them with Horns if possible for some extra hitting power as sweepers and deep blitzes. I reckon I can deal with the -MA for now as he's more of a glorified linerat whilst Warpthrax assists the GR. Will set about firing and retiring.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2014 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess you've already done some trimming?

I don't know what was there before, but currently things don't look too terrible. However, always be wary of death by a thousand cuts. By that, I mean that a couple of -MA players does not seem like a huge deal now, but when you think about it, you're already giving away 60 TV by keeping them on the team. And then what if you get another injury on a player you'd really like to keep, a +stat GR perhaps? Agility teams can all too often slip into a difficult position with a whole lot of injuries that make the team a whole lot worse than they should be.

In this case, I'd keep the -MA Lino and not shed a tear when it gets killed on the LOS. I'd seriously consider replacing that SV now (even playing a game with only one if needs be), if I were you. I am somewhat zero tolerance on almost all injuries. Unless you must win the next game, keep your team healthy to assure more wins in the medium - long term.

Good luck!
SoldierofBodom95

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2014 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I trimmed out the niggles, that's why there's a lack of funds. Unless the Blitzer get's a skill before I can afford to replace him then chances are he may retire pretty soon
 Jump to: