60 coaches online • Server time: 21:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nohistor

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2014 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

It`s my first time here, trying to get a hand of it on this site, much to read and learn. Wink
Roland

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2014 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Random-Mat wrote:
Roland wrote:
Welcome to fumbbl!

Oh, and Up the Irons.

Very Happy
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2014 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I do think there should be a system in place to make it so that teams that have played <10 (or 50?) games at retirement should free up their names again. I suspect a disproportionate amount of the 'taken' names are from teams that didn't really take them.

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2014 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

think of it this way. they were all going to die or get maimed on the pitch so at least now they get to spend a long time with their family and mistresses.

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2014 - 14:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I think I just ran into the same issue. I created a team and played one game to understand the interface. Then retired them presuming that retiring was a rperequisite for deletion...but now I can't find a delete button.

Is there really no way to delete a team once created?
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2014 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

DestrinStorm wrote:
I think I just ran into the same issue. I created a team and played one game to understand the interface. Then retired them presuming that retiring was a rperequisite for deletion...but now I can't find a delete button.

Is there really no way to delete a team once created?

No, once a team is created it cannot be deleted, as it serves as part of the history in the database. Including the history for the team you played against.
Roland

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2014 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Why not make it possible to 'buy' an old team name for some donation amount?
I mean each team has a uniqe team id anyway?
albinv

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2014 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Just again today i wanted to create a team for long term purposes (100+ matches) and have thought about just the same!

Coach didnt play a single match at all on fumbbl has been last seen 6 years ago...and went away with a solid and impressing untouched record of 0/0/0!

I mean i would play that team as long as i will play bb on fumbbl, provide it with a lot of love a donated logo and theme...ah, well too bad really!

Edit: Team is an Academy team even, come on seriously...has never played and will never play. Obviously. Sad.
PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2014 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
You could send a support ticket and see what they say. Most likely it'll be a no though.

I would be disappointed in the admin team if they did not take mercy on this FUMBBL rookie and just un retire his team.

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2014 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:
You could send a support ticket and see what they say. Most likely it'll be a no though.

I would be disappointed in the admin team if they did not take mercy on this FUMBBL rookie and just un retire his team.

The original question was posed back in January and I presume was solved some time ago. The most recent question relates to team deletion.
PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2014 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
PainState wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:

The original question was posed back in January and I presume was solved some time ago. The most recent question relates to team deletion.

Well...we all know the rules about name creation and so forth. Coupled with the reason this rule is in place is because of the FUMBBL database of records and so forth.

SO

IMO there is 0% chance Christer will spend the time to figure out a way to delete these old teams and so forth with out messing up the database.

THERE

is a solution for a team name you want that has been used.

You use {} [] and so forth on the team name and off you go. Now obviously some of you do not like how your team name looks BUT it stops you bitching that a team name has been taken.

Now

I have solved all your problems.

Very Happy Shocked

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2014 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

I have solved all your problems.

Very Happy Shocked

You haven't solved all my problems ...

... for instance, why do you start threads and leave them unfinished? Razz
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2014 - 06:13 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:

No, because this is a grey line. When does a coach stop being a rookie? What if the rookie in question was actually a very good player and that the team that was retired went on to win something quite big?

You now have the situation where a team that has won a tournament has had admin manipulation and in a way that is not site legal.

League, I could see it happening for a rookie......possibly. In a competitive division, it's a blanket 'no'.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2014 - 06:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Being able to delete teams does make sense if they have 0 matches played doesn't it?Unless something like they are submitted into a tournament.