81 coaches online • Server time: 21:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tobewolf

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2014 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Quite frankly, I'm getting my ass handed to me. I don't know good formations, especially for the beginning of a game and against evasive teams.

If anyone's willing to, some advice?

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=779549 Here's my team.

...also I erm...haven't played much in a long time. So...yeah...
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2014 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

well its a tricky one. First things first, it is worth bearing in mind Nurgle are one of the worst starter teams in the game. even when I play Fling, Goblins, Underworld and vampires I fancy my chances against nurgle. They are pretty rubbish. So don't be too down on your self. As for tactics etc.. it is the same as any team really, though the key thing to bear in mind is when or not to use Re-rolls. Do not waste them early you need them for key moments in a match.

Also read this - https://fumbbl.com/help:The+Taoch%21+of+Blood+Bowl%3A+A+Condensed+Guide+for+Newbies

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2014 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I see...thank you.
NerdBird

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2014 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Looking at your team, I would start over!

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2014 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

What Garion said, plus, use the spectate and replay functions and see how the good coaches do it. Coach ranking is not the greatest measurement for coaching skill but for a start, it should be enough to look for Super Star or Legend coaches with low TV Nurgle teams in the list of active games. Also, the Nurgle toplist may give you some idea whom to spec. Good luck!
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2014 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Nurgz suck early. My advices would be to watch replays of this team - https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=747238 - unbelievable record!

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2014 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Tobewolf wrote:
Quite frankly, I'm getting my ass handed to me. I don't know good formations, especially for the beginning of a game and against evasive teams.

If anyone's willing to, some advice?

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=779549 Here's my team.

...also I erm...haven't played much in a long time. So...yeah...

Here is the Nurgle Starting Roster page - it also talks a bit about tactics. As a newer coach, you wanted to start with 3 RR. I think that's your 1st goal - just accept Journeymen, and get that 3rd RR before hiring anyone else - that will be a badly-needed safety net for the whole team and any game.

Then start marching toward one of those rosters - 3 RR + the starting players suggested there (or better).

Skill your core players - your Pestigor(s) and Warriors (Ag 2 is not a terrible bet to field the ball once you have them safely behind a screen).

Also check out the suggested early skill page, and the general tactics page under Nurgle: https://fumbbl.com/help:LRB6RaceStrategy

The Defensive Setups page has some good suggested templates. I recommend one of the "B" formations vs. faster/dodgy-er teams, and something using D1 vs. slower/bashy-er teams.

(Note - it's often a good idea to keep your Beast behind a screen to start the defense, so he can't be marked and tied down, and can move to where he's most useful on your turn!)

Lastly, there's the fan-written Nurgle .pdf - only rated "average" (a "3" out of 5), but might give you some helpful ideas.

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
licker

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2014 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Nurgle is a very hard team to start out, even if you are experienced with them. You have no useful skills (other than regen) on anyone, and while you have the Warriors and the Beast (though probably don't start with him) the rotters are complete garbage and the prestis are hard to work with since they don't get much support from anyone else.

Still, as you start adding block across the team things start to get better, and once you start to add guard and mighty blow things get even that much better. To say nothing of the claw monsters you can make, or the two headed big hand ball seekers you might make.

But it's a long term project that.

The one advantage you do have early on is 4 (or 5) disturbing presence players. Spread them out a bit against fast/passing teams and hope you can force the other side into handoffs/passes with your guys in range to affect it.

Rotters are junk and should be abused as much as necessary marking bad things. Warriors can be punching bags, and prestis have to do the rest.
Smeat

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2014 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
The one advantage you do have early on is 4 (or 5) disturbing presence players. Spread them out a bit against fast/passing teams and hope you can force the other side into handoffs/passes with your guys in range to affect it.

Yeah, very easy for oppo's to forget that. If you can smell a hand-off or pass coming, and just get everyone within 3 squares of the "receiver", it's hilarious to see your opponent's reaction when their elves discover their handoff is suddenly a 6+. 0Wink

mrt1212

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2014 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I know this is probably stupid to talk about but has anyone ever used Pass Block on a Disturbing Presence inherent player? Not that it would do a lot of good in 90% of games but it seems that being able to do that with just one guy could prove useful. Forget trying to intercept or put the other guy in TZs, just get another Disturbing Presence in there.
Smeat

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2014 - 00:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, it's not a doubles-skill, so I'm sure someone, somewhere, has done it.

But given the standard build for 'Warriors, I'd think there'd be a long list of skills that would be a more useful to choose before that.

You could say that if a 'Warrior already had the core skills + something like Break Tackle + Tentacles, then it might not be a terrible thing as a late/last skill addition, if still definitely limited use - but Warriors don't usually fall back to where receivers live, and regardless whether they expect to int, they have to be able to (or to mark the Passer/Reciever), so... tough sell.

the.tok

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2014 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
Forget trying to intercept or put the other guy in TZs, just get another Disturbing Presence in there.

Well, you have to be able to put the other guy in TZs or try to intercept anyway, so it will not be easier to trigger... and you will always be out of range for that.

Do not try to save pass block Wink

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2014 - 15:18 Reply with quote Back to top

To my mind, the most important players on a Nurgle team are the Pesti's and you only have 2. Pesti's can carry the ball, are the most mobile on your team and are Str 4 when Blitzing in defence.

The Warriors are durable, the beast can pin one or two players down and the rotters are cheap (even with DP or such), but the Pesti's are the stars.

So, first thing I would recommend is, get a couple more Pesti's and another reroll and things should start to get a bit easier for you.

Also, do watch some replays, but maybe not the top top players, as it's possible you may not quite get the reasoning behind some of the moves they are making.
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 10:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Taking a Nurgle team is knowing your building up to a great team. Nurgle starts horrible, it is a worse Chaos starting team in almost every way (besides the fact your warriors are SLIGHTLY more durable players to begin with, and you have a better big guy). Yet, at high team values, Nurgle is a nightmare to deal with.

Nurgle's strength is in defense, so your goal should be halting your enemies advance in it's tracks. Do NOT put your beast on the LOS, keep him back and try to get the enemies agile players in his warm embrace. If he's marking someone important, don't risk him going stupid. Feed touchdowns too your warriors when you safely can. Rotters are cheap (and you can always get more of them) so don't be afraid to throw out fouls when good targets present themselves.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 10:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Start with 4 warriors, 1 beast, and 1 pest. Skill that pest up ASAP (mb, block, claw, tackle, piling on, order may vary). Get a second pest as soon as the first one has 2 skills, and give him block, sure hands. If you manage to dominate, consider scoring with a NW. All warriors get block first; guard, mb, and tents are all good options for second skill. Having a kick rotter and a dp rotter is good.

Jump to: