51 coaches online • Server time: 18:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
buuface

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 11:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello.

Have there been any very successful all beast (or +mino) chaos teams on fumbbl?

Im trying to develop several teams like this at the moment and, apart from it just being great fun the teams feel fairly competitive, as beasts don't cause much bloat, are easy enough to replace when they die, and can become highly effective without having to roll doubles.

I have an all beast team in cyanide and a couple +AG or +MA stat-ups can turn teams like this into a real scoring threat whilst remaining bashy enough to duke it out with the likes of Orcs.

Opinions? Experiences?
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 11:07 Reply with quote Back to top

It has the potential to make you quite unpopular you know. Wink

But there is no reason why it cannot work. Let the flame wars begin!

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 11:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Why unpopular? Surely its less gamey than standard bash chaos
Vanguard

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 11:41 Reply with quote Back to top

its like woodies without wardancers ... why skip one of the best players in game Razz

and when why mino ^^, take a cw insteadt ... or wana play an all mino blitz team ?
buuface

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 11:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I would argue that having CWs increases TV substantially and ultimately limits development options, clawpomb bash thus becoming the only viable build.

Anyway i was just wondering if anyone had examples all beast teams which have been successful in competition.
Vanguard

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

lets see:
beastman 60k + 50k str = 110 k

vs

cw 100k + 30k move = 130 k

so yes its a bit expensiv to have a cw. but he comes fresh from the factory with str Razz and armor up Smile
SerenadeOfSorrow

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 14:00 Reply with quote Back to top

i have an all beast and 1 mino team called cowman and the horny milkers but because i suck at the game they suck to lol
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

For powerplay, I'd say skip the mino rather than the CW. If you're in it for fun, that's fine. But for suboptimal fun you could also limit skill selection (like these guys)

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Well it's basically Pact plus Horns minus the DE Renegade. They would probably be better without the Mino. Long term, it's the strongest all-lineman team available, so I guess that makes it competitive to a degree, even though clearly inferior to a team that has Chaos Warriors.

I can't come up with any remarkable all-beastmen teams on Fumbbl though. None that I know of.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Pact mino doesn't get M access on normal rolls. BIG difference imo.

beastman 60k + 50k ST +30k AV = 140 k
vs
cw 100k + 30k MA +20 k horns = 150 k

So beasts are a tad more TV effective, but while having multiple AV9s is a good thing, having 10 instead of 6 horns on the team is rubbish.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I've seen a few of these teams, I even have one myself. But no, none of them have done anything remarkable. Because it is a less good team than one having beasts, warriors and no mino.

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I play an all beastman team in the Box.
The main problem is developing the team as you need several skills to be effective.
AV8 all over but without the agility to dodge like elves or the starting core skills of a human team hurts a lot and make rebuilding hard.
Otherwise it's ok and fun to play.
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

When you build these, I recommend Wrestle/Two heads as the 'standard' goat skills.
First goat to skill should get Extra Arms to help with SPP farming/game play.
I am not sure I would introduce the Mino until after 1500 TV.
Use 4 Rerolls until you are ready to bring in the Mino and drop one when you do, to reduce the..

.. #TV_Shock ~-----
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 22:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know about a Minotard+beastmen team, but I do have a Minotard team - if you accept that the Minotard is the team!

He's run at about 50% win ratio, but the only superstar beastman was an ag4 blodging strong arm quarterback. If I'd built a cpomb beastman or two then I might have lifted the win ratio a little. Heck even without cpomb taking sensible skills might have helped.

As for popularity or powerplaying min-max criticism, any detractors are likely to consider it acceptable not to take 4 catchers on a Human team, not take a deathroller on a Dwarf team, assassins on Dark elves, or the full compliment of goblins on an Orc team. There's a degree of hypocrisy in that.

I'd say give it a nudge, but ensure you choose interesting player builds. If you want to build them all as cpombers do it in ranked so that people can choose if they want to play a boring build or not.

Join the Human League Premiership!
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Verminardo wrote:
I can't come up with any remarkable all-beastmen teams on Fumbbl though. None that I know of.

Really? How about the team that started cpomp and min-max in crp?

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=642529