34 coaches online • Server time: 13:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sutherlands

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2014 - 05:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Eh, I disagree. Tackle on a warrior doesn't do much. They can't dodge to get a ball carrier, and the ag4 are more easily stopped by the tentacles. What i was missing last season was a way to take out the tough guys, like chaos dwarves. Of course, my tackle/wrestle pest died, so that might cause problems, but tackle on a NW wouldn't be a replacement
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

/stomp

New season is underway. Soon you'll be grading dead guys. Well, more of 'em, anyway!

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Moar update! Give us our A already Very Happy

On the issue of the new season JR, apparently 2/2 Beasts of Nurgle have died this week according to Relezite.

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2014 - 04:44 Reply with quote Back to top

CHEFCTER: Well folks, we're finally back. Welcome once again to the NBFL Draft Analysis & Review Show. We are pleased to be your hosts for the show. Alongside Kill Wiper Jr, I'm Stabbem Chefcter. We strive to bring you in-depth analysis of every player and team that is in each season's draft.

WIPER JR: Each player's impact will be assessed, as well as being compared to the other available draftees to see if the team in question made the correct choice.

CHEFCTER: And we love what we do, so without further ado, let's jump back in. We're now at the pack of teams from last season's playoffs. These next guys from the NFC North are becoming a perennial "pen-them-in" for the NFC Playoff picture.

25. CAROLINA

Race: Elf
Player Selected: Joshua Cribbs (Kent State)
Skills: Accurate, Safe Throw, +AG - 39 points
Positon: Thrower
Grade of Pick: B

CHEFCTER: For those of you who haven't taken notice as of yet, be warned. The Party is coming for you in the NFC. Congratulations to coach Jeffro for his continued success, and here's wishing you many more seasons to follow.

Fortunately for Carolina, there really aren't a tremendous amount of needs to address on the squad. There are a few rookies that could be replaced, so let's see what's on the roster.

Blitzer: Carolina is permitted to employ 2. They have a pair of excellent players in Captain Munnerlyn and former highly-touted draft pick Richard Rodgersss. He has lived up to all his pre-draft hype. They're both healthy, so no need to look here.

Catcher: The Party can have a maximum of 4. The core is slightly dinged up with a few lingering injuries, but are relatively intact. They're quite good as well as complimentary of each other. I would not bother to search in this section.

Thrower: 2 permitted, but one is a rookie. Cam Newton is a solid player, but he's not exceptional. If there was a top-notch Thrower out there to take, that would be a possibility, but not an enormous need. Jeffro could employ an offensive and defensive lineup with his Throwers, but that becomes a waste of a skill with Newton. He currently features both Kick and Kick-Off Return, giving him great utility on both sides of the ball. If you were to employ him only on defense for his Kicking ability, you're wasting his Kick-Off Return, and vise versa. For this reason, a Thrower would not be my first place to look, but is still a possibility.

Lineman: There are 5 on the squad. 2 are rookies. A third only has one skill. The other two are adequate for what is asked of them. This is more than likely the place that I would look to add depth or skill.

So, having looked at the current Panther roster, we've identified that we can add utility in either a Lineman, or in a 2nd Thrower. Since we were thinking Lineman first, let's start there.

There are a few good possibilities to consider in the Lineman section. Here are our possibilities, purely based on the current roster make-up, and perceived needs:

1. China Champion - Wrestle, Tackle, +AG - 32 pts. - Champion offers teams heightened ball pursuit. The only thing missing from his game is the ability to Strip Ball. He can get to a number of places that players wouldn't normally try, being extra agile. He could be a very valuable weapon to a solid Elf squad of any race.

2. Leon Hart - Block, Guard - 16 pts. - With both of the Dodge, Guard players having been drafted already, Hart is really next best option remaining in the pool for fitting the needs of Carolina. Guard doesn't come easy to this squad. If you can get one in the draft, it might be worth considering.

That is, in all likelihood, the 2 "best" options that remain in the pool for the Linemen, aside from possibly adding a healthy Dirty Player in the person of Reuben Robinson (Block, Dirty Player - 25 pts). He'd most likely replace the aging, slower Maria Addison. We still, however, should look at the Skilled section to search for a Thrower.

There are a few nice candidates remaining. Here's who we would consider to be the best candidates for the Party.

1. Michelle Dickinson - +AG, Accurate, Strong Arm - 41 pts. - This is your prototypical "uberThrower for an Elf squad. The ball can get anywhere within legal range (i.e. - 13 paces away) on the simple roll of a 2+. That is an ENORMOUS luxury to have.

2. Joshua Cribbs - +AG, Accurate, Safe Throw - 39 pts. - This is a slightly different version of an Elven uberThrower. The ball gets delivered on a 3+, but the Interception fear becomes something of the past. Interceptions are not terribly successful, but with Safe Throw on board, you cut the chances in half. (16-2/3% without it, but only 8-1/3% chance with it). That goes along way in alleviating an Elf coaches fears.

3. Sean Schroeder - Strong Arm, Accurate, Dodge -50 pts. - There's a few reasons why Schroeder should at the very least be considered. First, he's only 1 point away from adding yet another skill, which makes his utility skyrocket. Second, the ball still gets anywhere on a 3+, but he also comes with Dodge. This adds to both his survivability and durability. Thirdly, he's a graduate from Hawaii, which is well-known throughout the NBFL as a breeding ground for solid Throwers.

So, as you can see, there are/were a number of excellent choices that could have been made here. Carolina chose to go with Cribbs, electing to go with ball distribution safety over distance. BSDN can certainly see arguments for justifying ANY of the aforementioned players, so there really isn't anything negative or detracting to say. In short, in this rare case, there really isn't a "best choice" scenario here.

There really isn't a pick that's out there for Carolina to make that is "A-grade worthy", which is no fault of theirs; chalk it up to circumstance. What was the BSDN choice for the Panthers? It was China Champion, the Lineman out of Washington. Agile ball harassment was something that the experts of the BSDN War Room didn't want to pass up on. As we said, however, a case can be made for any of the choices previously outlined.

WIPER JR: That seems harsh of you, Stabby. If there wasn't an A pick available, you give Carolina a B, even though it wasn't their fault?

CHEFCTER: I think, Killy, it was more because the War Room felt they should have gone with a Lineman instead of the luxury of a Thrower.

WIPER JR: I just don't think they should be punished for something that's not their fault is all.

CHEFCTER: I guess I can understand that.

WIPER JR: Well, let's agree to disagree on this one, and we'll move on to our next squad?

CHEFCTER: I guess I'm ok with that, my friend.

WIPER JR: Our next squad is a perennial Playoff team, as well as a former NBFL Champion. I don't know how these guys do it, but they constantly have other teams looking up at them... and it's not only because of Leap...

26. GREEN BALL

Race: Slann
Player Selected: Juan-Carlos Orlando (Oregon)
Skills: Side Step, Fend - 26 points
Position: Blitzer
Grade of Pick: A

WIPER JR: I have yet to meet coach Happygrue in person, but I eagerly await my chance. The Green Ball franchise has not only been a constant Playoff team, but rarely loses before the Conference Championship game. This past season is an exception to that, which will allow Happygrue to load up on even more talented jumpers for the champions of the NFC North.

Slann are a strange bunch. They're terribly difficult to pin down, or get in front of, as they just wind up flying over you. That being said, let's see what's on their current roster, and decide where they could use some assistance (if any)...

Kroxigor: There's only a rookie on the squad. This is a possibility for assistance, though with only the 1 player coming out in the Big Guy section this draft, it may not really be the BEST choice to draft. We'll put this is in the "maybe" pile.

Blitzer: YES. The Attackers are permitted to employ 4 of them, but are down to two. The two they have are Tramon Williams and the legendary Charles Woodson. This is definitely an area of need.

Catcher: YES. Green Ball is allowed to employ 4. Injuries and old age have reduced their Catchers to 1 in number. This is a significant need to address.

Lineman: There is a vast amount of Linemen on this squad. Unless there is something extraordinary, this is probably not the place I would look.

So, we've identified that we are in need of both a Blitzer and a Catcher. Let's see what we've got available.

In the Blitzer section, there isn't a tremendous amount available, but one player rises to the top for what Green Ball needs. JC Orlando really is a very good option, coming with Side Step and Fend. Since these guys come "out of the pond" equipped with Diving Tackle, Orlando can really be a pestering force. He's by far the best option that is available for a Blitzer.

Now, let's give the Catchers the once over, just to cover our basis.

In the Skilled section, most everyone remaining is a quarterback-style player, looking to throw. There's one very solid player in the pool, however, that would make an excellent Catcher in the person of Nick Saban. He would come with Block, Side Step, and Fend. On a Catcher, that proves to be an excellent set of skills to have.

So, what becomes more valuable to the Champions? Is it a harassing type of player in a Blitzer? Or, would you rather have a legitimate scoring threat in a Catcher? The Attackers choose to go with a Blitzer, as they figure their Linemen will pick up the slack until they hire some new receivers.

We here at BSDN are reluctant to disagree with a coach who pilots his team to the Playoffs year after year, especially about Slann. Keep in mind, NBFL fans. We've been doing this show even before Slann was a permitted race in the League. We, like many of our fans, have had to learn about the power of Slann on the fly. Even though NBFL Commissioner Blodger Gotohell permitted the entrance of them a few years earlier, none of the various Slann teams that were in existence ever made enough of a qualifying bid to join the League. I don't think that anyone could have imagined the effect that the Attackers would have on NBFL history.

Out of habit, the big board in the BSDN War Room had Green Ball taking Nick Saban, a talented Catcher out of Kent State. We had remembered our previous statements about touchdowns and winning games and the such, and elected to draft a scorer. Were we of the right mind set?

I think that the most qualified person to answer that would be the head coach of the Green Bay Attackers himself. Please welcome to the program Coach Happygrue. How are you doing, sir? Congratulations to you on your NFC North Championship once again.

HAPPYGRUE: Thank you! Considering how the boys ricocheted from one injury to the next last season, I think we were all pleased to get as far as we did.

WIPER JR: We've been having a discussion here about taking a Catcher instead of a Blitzer. Give us some perspective, if you will, on how Green Ball settled on drafting JC Orlando here, instead of a more traditional scoring threat.

HAPPYGRUE: It was a very hard call. If we hadn't lost both of our other Blitzers by the end of last season I think the choice to go with a Catcher might have been made. But even if better Catchers were available (or even a Lineman, which there was available with +AG I think), we opted to try to repair the Blitzer core as fast as possible, and that means taking a Blitzer with some SPP.

WIPER JR: Can you tell us, without giving anything specific to your playbook away, what is it that makes your squad nearly impossible to effectively pin down on the pitch?

HAPPYGRUE: We leap.

CHEFCTER: Coach, this is Stabbem Chefcter here. Do you see yourself and your squad as pioneers? Have you been approached by your fan base or members of the community thanking you for bring some kind of notoriety to Slann all over the world?

HAPPYGRUE: Nothing makes me prouder as head coach than hearing people hold us up as an example of Slann working out. And we do work out! Training is intense. Sometimes the guys joke about swapping me out for a coach who doesn't run them as hard, but they can't argue with the results. Well, maybe the linefrogs could, but they aren't usually alive long enough to get much complaining done.

WIPER JR: Coach, what's been your secret for this run of sustained success your boys have had? Is there any secret to it, or is it just the luck of staying healthy?

HAPPYGRUE: We have had some ups and downs. Several key Blitzers have been lost but through it all Woodson keeps coming back. We'll be in trouble when he finally retires.

CHEFCTER: Time to offer us your prediction for the upcoming season. What do you see happening this year in the NFC, and then specifically in the North?

HAPPYGRUE: I predict the Bear-ds will suck, past present and future. Wink Personally, I'll be quite put out if this is the first year we don't bring home the NFC North title. But aside from that, we are just watching out for Seattle and Atlatl, though there are a number of teams that could mix it up.

WIPER JR: Coach Happygrue, it's a pleasure to finally speak with you. Best of luck to you for continued success. Thank you for joining us.

HAPPYGRUE: Thank you!

CHEFCTER: Well, folks, you heard it straight from Green Bay's nerve center. It was a fairly easy choice for them in taking a Blitzer. Interesting stuff there from the coach.

Stick around, sports fans! We're through 26 picks so far. We're inching closer and closer to the Super Bowl Champions from last season, whom everyone is anxious to hear about their chances of repeating. We invite you to stick around, but first, here's a message from one of our sponsors...

ANNOUNCER: Sidney Rice, you've just won the Super Bowl. What are you going to do now?

RICE: I'm going to Under World!!!

DrPoods

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2014 - 05:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Great job again mate!

Keep 'em coming Very Happy

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2014 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

CHEFCTER: Folks, we're back. Welcome once again to a new segment for the NBFL Draft Analysis & Review Show. We are your hosts. I'm Stabbem Chefcter, joined by my long-time co-host Kill Wiper Jr.

WIPER JR: Thanks again, Stabby. We're deep into last season's playoff teams. This segment, we've got two more Divisional Champions to dissect.

CHEFCTER: So, without further delay, we delve into the first-time Champions of the NFC East.

27. FLASHINGTON

Race: Amazon
Player Selected: Michelle Dickinson (Arizona)
Skills: +AG, Accurate, Strong Arm - 41 points
Position: Thrower
Grade of Pick: A

CHEFCTER: As a fan of some quality NBFL action, it's hard not to root for these ladies. They may be the hardest working squad in all of the League, having to overcome their lack of body armor with skills to compensate. For the first time in their franchise's history, they were the winners of the NFC Eastern Division, and for that, we want to congratulate Coach JackassRampant, and wish him, as well as his ladies, continued success.

Last season was also the first time the Redheads qualified for the Playoffs. They began making their history by posting a win over division rival New York. Their playoff run ended there, however, as it does for most teams that face Atlat'l, losing a tough 2-1 decision. Their future is bright, as they continue to stockpile talent that will challenge anyone and everyone who comes along.

They've had injuries and losses, just as everyone does, so let's look at their current roster to see where they can improve their squad.

Blitzer: There's 3 excellent ones already on the squad, with a Rookie in the 4th slot. The first three are more than capable of carrying the load to help bring along S. Taylor for the time being. This is not an area of glaring need, unless there is someone extraordinary available. At pick #27, however, you wouldn't think there would be someone who fits that bill. This is a deep "maybe" at best.

Catcher: There are two on the squad, both of which are Rookies. If there's someone who fits, this would certainly be an area that can be upgraded.

Thrower: There's one on the squad at the moment, though she is still relatively young. It's not an enormous need, but by definition, is still an area that can be upgraded.

Linebabe: Here's the reason why Flashington performs as well as it does. The ladies are the meat and potatoes. They take care of all the support, allowing the Blitzer core to take most of the glory. There's currently 8 on the squad, with only one being a Rookie. There's really no need whatsoever to look for an upgrade here.

So, it's easy to determine that the player the Redheads seek is someone from the Skilled section; either a Catcher or Thrower. Let us know see what is available...

The Skilled section is VERY depleted, as you would imagine it to be this late in the draft. There are 2 distinct possibilities left; 1 for a Catcher and 1 Thrower. Let's examine them.

1) - Nick Saban - Block, Side Step, Fend - 36 pts. - Saban would make a very good Catcher for Flashington. She could prove to be the most annoying Amazon Catcher of all time.

2) - Michelle Dickinson - Accurate, Strong Arm, +AG - 41 points - She will make a VERY good Thrower for the Redheads. The ball can be placed anywhere on a roll of a 3+. For Amazons, that's quite a nice luxury to have.

Here at BSDN, when we examine these two possibilities side by side, it's clear to us that Dickinson will be the player with a far greater impact for Flashington. The added agility she brings to the table is just too useful to pass on, especially this late in the draft. Coach JackassRampant gets it right by choosing the best player available for his squad.

WIPER JR: That is one classy bunch of ladies. Have you gotten to meet them yet, Stabby?

CHECFTER: Only two of them. My cousin is Victoria Promuto. She's a Linebabe for Flashington. On the road, she shares a room with Rhonda McDole. They're two of the nicest people I've met in the NBFL.

WIPER JR: I called a few of their games when they first arrived in the NBFL. The entire staff, top to bottom, is so gracious and nice. I can't say enough about them.

CHEFCTER: I'm certainly rooting for them!

WIPER JR: I'll root for teams that can play the type of both finesse AND smash-mouth Blood Bowl that they offer. They are exciting to watch.

Our next team to dissect is a shining example of a well-run organization. They arrive in the Playoffs nearly every season. They do it with guts, grit, skill, GREAT coaching.

28. SAN DOGO

Race: Human
Player Selected: Leon Hart (Notre Dame)
Skills: Block, Guard - 16 points
Position: Lineman
Grade of Pick: B-

WIPER JR: If there's a coach in the NBFL that is able to do more with less, it would certainly be Coach Kryten. His boys from the AFC West have performed through countless myriads of injuries, yet always qualify for the Playoffs.

Last season was no exception. Injuries certainly took their toll on San Dogo, yet they still qualified as the #2 seed, with a first-round bye. They ran into the bulldozer that is New Angryland, losing 2-1.

There's a good amount of quality still remaining on the squad, despite all the injuries. The Blitzer core is still, for the most part, in tact. Somehow, nobody has been able to retire Ryan Leaf from the NBFL as of yet. The Chompers are down to 1 Catcher in the person of Chris Growlkowski. He's very good, but could certainly use some help.

The backbone of San Dogo is their core of Linemen. They currently employ 8 of them, with only 3 being rookies. They each dutifully perform their specific tasks. We here at BSDN would think that if we were looking to improve this squad, we would be seeking out a Catcher. If there isn't one available, it would be a matter of the old "best player available" scenario. Let's look in the Skilled section and see what there is to be drafted.

Looking through the available candidates, there is one player who could be a very nice addition to the Catcher core in the form of Nick Saban (Block, Side Step, Fend - 36 pts). Knowing the coaching style, Kryten would really get the most out of his abilities. The only negative I could see about his game, if I were Kryten, is that he comes with Block on board instead of Wrestle. Regardless, he makes a pretty solid impact almost right away on a dinged-up Chompers squad.

Looking through the Blitzer section for a 4th, there is only support remaining. The best option for San Dogo that remains in this section would most likely be Bob Cripple. He would prove to be an assistance to the Blitzer core, coming with Dodge and Guard. He has a bit more durability, being a Blodger. If I were going to search for purely support, however, I would probably be looking to add a good Lineman for that purpose.

The other section to look through is the Lineman. There are a few good candidates there, but San Dogo selects a pure support player in Leon Hart. He comes with Block and Guard on board (at 16 points). BSDN didn't really care for this pick. The consensus among the War Room was that San Dogo would have been best served with someone who scores; that would have led to drafting Nick Saban.

Now, I would normally grade this pick immediately as a C. There are, however, reasons why we have raised our grade up to a B-. First and foremost, Kryten is one of the best coaches I've had the pleasure of playing against, talking with, or interviewing. He obviously knows what it takes to win in this League.

Hart is a quality support player, that's true. When you define someone as "support", however, he has to offer his support TO someone. That's where signing a Rookie can actually be decent for your squad. With good support in place, a positional can skill up much faster and easier, thanks to the skill set surrounding him. A rookie Catcher should skill up faster with multiple supporting Guards around him to plow the road. It's a valid strategy for well-trained coaches, for which Kryten surely qualifies. Hart isn't flashy, but he's going to support a rookie Catcher that signs, in an effort to bring him along quickly.

Hart was not our choice here at BSDN, but we can certainly see an up-side to the pick. He does have the potential to make those around him better, and faster. These facts helped us lift our opinions up to a B-.

CHEFCTER: Hadn't really thought of it that way, Killy. Nice analysis there. I would have instinctively done the same thing, offering a lower grade.

Folks, hang in there. We're almost at the end! We only have the final four left to dissect, and then some compensatory draft picks to go through. Stick around as you'll hear next about BSDN's opinions on last year's "Final 4". But first, please enjoy this word from our corporate sponsors...

WHITE: Howdy folkssss. My name is R'dy Wite, ssstar ssskink for the Atlatl 'n' Falchions.

I've played in over 150 gamesss now for my sssquad.

How do I do it?

Sssimple...

DrPoods

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2014 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice job again mate. Only 9 picks left right? Anticipation!!

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2014 - 03:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Update?

Jump to: