19 coaches online • Server time: 02:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2005 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I care about TS.

Still, Tinky is right, cause handicaps are based upone TR, not TS... so if you (say) have a 145/130 team and want a recovery, you'll end up fighting against a 130/130. Equal strenght, but you'll give him a handicap, which is BAD... Sad
That's it.

Anyway, I still stick to my beliefs: strong linos make a strong team. Positionals development is easier and faster, and should be lowered down to help those unskilled linos get at least block. Block/guard or block/tackle is just better Smile
You should do ANYTHING to reach 6 spps... even forcing a risky play. After that, you can rely on occasional casualties and MVPs to reach 16.

Spread the spps. If you don't, you'll perform better in your first 20 games, then lose a couple stars and drop 60/70 TR points, feeling hopeless and weak all of a sudden. Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2005 - 22:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I'm near cashless as explained. Bunny, I'm still sure I must know you.....

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2005 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I do the same Bunnypuncher, games are most fun at TR 150 and then it's easy to replace lost player, so I can play more reckless.

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2005 - 23:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I've seen replacing MNG's in tournaments to lower TR to make the next game a better chance at victory, but in ranked I'm not so concerned about winning as I am about team building and wining in the long run. If dropping a MNG player will mean facing easier opponent and thus saving potential cas on my team, then he's gone. (Mostly applies to 250+ TR teams.) But if he's otherwise healthy, I'll save the cash for elsewhere when an injury occurs. I prefer games of TR 200+, and get hte most fun out of 250+, though obviously the choice of games at that level are far more restricted. Colors my views I reckon, as I try to keep players to reach that higher TR range where strategy and heavy planning takes over more than luck. Tinky and others prefer the lower TR's, where a few skills are there but you still can't rely upon players to do what you want in plan A, and thus have to have backup plans. Different folks, different strokes.

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2005 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh.. i didn't look at the team, link, or previous arguments. Pretty much the same as always.

Still...

My point stands Very Happy

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2005 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh AFK I would say that it is the other way around, in tournaments you cant' afford to fire players as you have a limitied cash flow and your opponents will be the same no matter what your tr are.

Playing games where only bad luck can screw up your plans (high rated elf games - who rolls double 1?) isn't all that fun to me, but everyone play the game as they like and we all get happy. Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2005 - 00:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I remember my happiest game..... Crowd pushing Horkon <sigh>

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2005 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
Thanks, Torsoboy. Milt is just getting to be too much fun. The other question is, is an Ogre worth it? Seems like he'd mess up the going strategy (too much temptation to bash), but maybe if I treat him as a strong lino?

The ogre is great, if you use him as a hard-to-knockdown Guard. Don't count on him to succeed at anything but standing in the way though. Try to do 3db with him or don't do it at all (unless it's turn 16 or something).

On another note, I've been doing an experiment with an all-positional human lineup:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=144291

It's fun, but team development is hard... the four blitzer / seven linemen lineup is more solid.
 Jump to: