14 coaches online • Server time: 03:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2014 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Basic Concept - Wouldn't it be fun to keep track of how many OTTDs and ClawPombers you force into retire - living or otherwise? And not only keep track but make a friendly little competition out of it?

Rules:

Only teams that have no ClawPomb or OTTD Access can apply as Full Members: Amazons, Dark Elves, Dwarfs, Goblins, Halflings, Khemri, Ogre, Orcs, Slann, Undead, Vampire.

Conditional Members: Elves, High Elves, Humans, Lizardmen, Wood Elves. As long as you don't have a OTTD player you can participate.

If you force a retirement you get half that players TV as a Bounty Reward. Retirement must be within 1 game of permanent injury.

If you kill a player you get their full TV as a Bounty Reward.

Qualifying Methods for Kills and Injuries:
Blocks,Chainsaws,Stabs, etc...
Foul
Failed Dodge w/Tackle, Diving Tackle, Prehensile Tail
Chain Push
Wizards (Team gets credit under Wizard)
Bomb

Non-Qualifying Methods for Kills and Injuries:
Failed GFI
Concession
Thrown Rock
Eaten player
Bitten Player
Failed Leap

The tracking will be structured in this way: Coach\Team\Player.

After presenting a "scalp" (match report) you will have the Bounty Reward added to your "Stash", the bank for your Bounty Rewards.

Offering Bounties:
If there is a specific player that is a Star-level or better you can offer up an amount up to the TV of that player for reward from your Stash in the event of their death or retirement. You will have the amount deducted from your Stash and added to the other Coach's Stash upon completion.

Life Insurance Policy:
Keeping track of the players (Bounty Hunters) who force retirements from odious players is done for the purposes of upping the stakes in case of death. If a ClawPomber kills one of the players who collected a bounty, that Bounty Hunter's TV is added to the TV Reward of ClawPomber. This will be tracked on the Bounty Board along with the top Bounty Hunters, etc etc.

Bounty Board:

Will keep track of the top Bounty Hunters, Top Bounties.

Will update on a Weekly basis.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2014 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Long ago there was a DMU (Dorf Mangling Union). I believe it was banned as meta-groups designed to kill a particular race/type of player were seen as problematic. But I'm not sure.

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2014 - 21:35 Reply with quote Back to top

There were also the C-POMB Hunters (or something similar), but it didn't last long. Bounty hunting in general has had its time on FUMBBL in general.

You could also nominate other players than (natural, I assume) one-turners and C-POMBers.

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2014 - 21:37 Reply with quote Back to top

If it did run, why couldn't CPOMB races who have no CPOMB players also be conditional members? They do exist...

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2014 - 21:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
There were also the C-POMB Hunters (or something similar), but it didn't last long. Bounty hunting in general has had its time on FUMBBL in general.

You could also nominate other players than (natural, I assume) one-turners and C-POMBers.

Well, as far as a template for such an idea I think this is solid, whether it's implemented or not. Yeah, the idea of being able to offer bounties was one thing I thought would be fun to use your Stash on.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2014 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
If it did run, why couldn't CPOMB races who have no CPOMB players also be conditional members? They do exist...

The ease with which it can be done and from the perspective of managing it, I'd just prefer not to deal with exceptions to those races. Those races are also played a ton already.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2014 - 21:43 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
Long ago there was a DMU (Dorf Mangling Union). I believe it was banned as meta-groups designed to kill a particular race/type of player were seen as problematic. But I'm not sure.

It wasn't banned (as far as I remember). The problematic part was that you had to play vs Dwarfs. So interest died out.

It ran for a couple of seasons at least.Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2014 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Meh...

Zons, Dorks & such are equally lame.

But to each his own.
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2014 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Quit discriminating and kill everyone equally, haters.

pythrr

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2014 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

gamelsetlmatch wrote:
Quit discriminating and kill everyone equally, haters.

Very Happy. and especially zons!

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2014 - 00:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I think automatic scoring is essential for a successful Metagroup. Koadah's scripts for the Human League and ARR! are the fantastic examples of automated scoring working well.

If you have the skills or can find the support to build appropriate scripts to capture information automatically then that bodes well for your plans. It may require simplification to your scoring and be limited by what can be extracted from match reports but that's the way to make it work.

Join the Human League Premiership!
 Jump to: