25 coaches online • Server time: 04:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MoonFever

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2003 - 21:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I played against the "Elf" Team with my Chaos Dwarves, and lost 3-1. I did seriously injure one lineelf (no lasting effects) and kill another, but they spanked me. His next game with the team obviously he will be down 2 players, but I may play him with my dark elf team with the 94 rating, that can only field 8.....that should get both of our teams back in working order...
dtahyaio

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2004 - 06:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I Started with 1 blitzer, 2 catchers, 2 throwers, 6 lineelves, 2 RR's and 9 FF.

Had a great start, opponent conceded in my first match due to the apothecary failing, or something like that, got 120k and ff boost, and didn't suffer any injuries. From there, they have just gone from strength to strength, catcher rolled +st on the first skill roll for the team, both throwers rolling doubles ... now the team is 9/0/2, 194/201 tr/ts, and that is despite having two niggled lineelves (one with +st and one with guard, so I won't be throwing them away just yet).

Their offense is breathtaking, its just the defense I am trying to beef up now. Got blodge on the blitzer and two catchers, and then developing along the lines of side step, tackle, shadowing etc ... they should become key defensive weapons as well. The key is not to lose too many players early, especially if you can keep the positionals, they get blodge very very quickly, and then they become very powerful.

If you don't have enough faith in your team's ability to survive the first game and want to start with an apo, I would probably suggest using Indur's roster, except trading a RR for an apoth (1 blitzer, 1 catcher, 1 thrower, 8 lineelves, 2 rr, 9 ff, apo). That looks very nice also.

Matter of fact, for those teams starting with 2 blitzers ... I managed to survive and do well with just the one for the first 8 matches, they are quite expensive and saving the cash for extra rr, or buying throwers/catchers instead of relying on the lineelves to take on these roles I found to be quite handy.
Renno

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2004 - 08:52 Reply with quote Back to top

After playing 3 Pro Elf teams and suffering constant SI/RIP I've made a High Elf team and having more fun as I'm not constantly rebuilding a team or fielding less then 11 players ALMOST EVERY GAME like I did with my Pro Elves.

Don't get me wrong.. I love the Pro Elves but the entire team having AV7 is rough when you have no big guy for blocking support and you have no access to a star.

When every team can out casualty you, you are gonna have problems with survivability and while you can win some games with less than 11 players you're gonna lose more then you win.

I'd give up AG 4 for AV 8 on the lineman. Wink

P.S. I also play a Pro Elf team on the board so I've had four thus far. Smile
Colin

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2004 - 12:32 Reply with quote Back to top

One of the nice things about the 'Pro' Elves is their cheap linemen - they need to be cheap to sustain the loses Av 7 will inevitably incur. Unlike woodelves, it is entirely possible to build a team with an Apothecary and 12 players to start with, along with the requisite FF 9.
If there is some input to be added, please add it to the User Guide.
system

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2005 - 06:55 Reply with quote Back to top

well, i´ve startet those elves on that way

2 blitzer
1 catcher
1 thrower
7 linos

9ff
2rr

okay, starting with no apoth was quite risky but at last this team has grown and one of the blitzers is one of my best mates i´ve ever played with, just take a look here
Glomp

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2005 - 14:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Do pro elves suck?